If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2009
    4/13/2009 - F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin (PC) - Normal difficulty.

Great game, but wtf? I (redacted) hate cliffhangers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2009
    It is. I honestly don't want them to remake FFVI on the DS with the crappy 3D graphics of FFIII/IV. I'd much rather seem them remaster the game using the same level of sprite detail as they did in the anniversary editions. Seriously, give me high quality, crisp, beautiful sprites over blocky pixel monsters ANY DAY.
    I would gladly fork over $10 for a PSN/WiiWare/XBLA release of these games. Get the games off their tiny screens and let me pump up the audio!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Why on earth would they just get 10 bucks from people on DL services when they could get a premium price on PSP or DS?
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Finished Vandal Hearts (PSX) s few days ago, and am working on the second as we speak. Awesome series, dont remember it being this good.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I just finished Final Fantasy I Anniversary for the PSP. I love the ending. It may not be as flashy as the moderning FF endings, but I still think it's the series's best.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    Just finished Bioshock (360). I normally don't go in for shooters, but this game was freaking fantastic. I'm eagerly looking forward to the sequel now. It actually reminded me a fair bit of Fallout 3 in how it played, which probably helped. Being able to freeze or shock enemies in place makes a shooter much less frustrating for me.

Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    edited April 2009
    Last night (4-16-09) I finished Star Ocean First Departure. It was aight. I started Second Evolution though... And I find myself yawning at that game. I dunno why. Are the first few hours just excruciatingly boring, or what?
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Finally beat The Maw. Should have done that when it first came out, but that's my gaming attention span.

Good fun platformer, but I was disappointed that easily the best transformation in the game was used only in the last level. I hope they make another one that's a little longer. On the upside, at least it didn't drag.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I beat Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. On the DS. Yeah.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I finished Final Fantasy 4 on the DS last night.
    edited April 2009
    I just finished (4-18-09) Chronicles of RidRichard: Escape from Butcher Bay. On to Assault on Dark Athena! (Yes. I am counting them as two different games. Because they are.)
    edited April 2009
    I beat Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. On the DS. Yeah.
    Wow. Why?!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Because I've already beaten it on the 360, obviously tounge2.gif

Also, RidRichard.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited April 2009
    I see. I played it on the DS as a friend had it and I just couldn't get into it. So it goes though.

Just beat the final, murderously, insanely, nail bitingly, freaking ridiculous final battle in Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (PSX)

That game has been complete torture for me over the last five years. Anyone know if the DS version is any easier?

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited April 2009
    Finished off Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS) last night. I guess expect a review soon as no one else has finished it yet.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited April 2009
    I hate the stupid filter here. Seriously.

I just finished Assault on Dark Athena (Forgot to mention it was on PS3.) in the wee hours of 4-20-09. Fun game. Not as fun as Butcher Bay. But I still like it well enough.
    edited April 2009
    I hate the stupid filter here. Seriously.

I just finished Assault on Dark Athena (Forgot to mention it was on PS3.) in the wee hours of 4-20-09. Fun game. Not as fun as Butcher Bay. But I still like it well enough.
    Meh. I played it mostly just because of the storyline as I love the RidRichard Universe... meh. It was allright. Not good enough to finish though.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2009
    20/4/09 Pool of Radiance (MS-DOS)

I can't express how much of a ****** load off it is to finally be done with this blasted classic. Great game, **** difficulty.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>Bad swear filter bad bad! ~ shoptroll</span></span>

• Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Just beat Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica for the PS2 on April 20th.
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    Finished Phantasy Star Portable (PSP for the PSP). And I pray that none of you add that to your list, because if you do, I feel very, very sorry for you.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    edited April 2009
    I added it and I enjoyed it. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean someone else won't.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Well, he probably sat and listened to all the VO/Story for review purposes. The game's best served as a grinder. I always just skip them scenes.

Anyway, I finished The Last Remnant today for the 360. I got all 1000 achievement points for this baby. Pleasantly surprised by this, very deep and addicting. The game world is also unexpectedly huge.
    edited April 2009
    I got all 1000 achievement points for this baby.
    I couldn't even play the first battle in this game and you got 1000/1000. Grats bro!
    edited April 2009
    Well, he probably sat and listened to all the VO/Story for review purposes. The game's best served as a grinder. I always just skip them scenes.

Anyway, I finished The Last Remnant today for the 360. I got all 1000 achievement points for this baby. Pleasantly surprised by this, very deep and addicting. The game world is also unexpectedly huge.
    Ok... THAT is impressive. The game is one I have to really sit down and digest, as i've played it several times, enjoyed the experience, but have yet to really commit myself to playing it through. What's your gamer tag dude?

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Phantasy Star 4 - Sega Genesis Collection - PSP

The way my brain operates befuddles me. How can I adore macros, yet I despised gambits in ff 12? I know they aren't identical but they seem similar enough that I'm not sure why I have such opposite opinions.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2009
    4/25/09 - The Chronicles of RidRichard: Escape From Butcher Bay (PS3*) - Normal mode.

(*: Escape From Butcher Bay is bundled with Assault on Dark Athena, which I'm moving to now)

Yay for our draconian swear filter! sarcasm.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I couldn't even play the first battle in this game and you got 1000/1000. Grats bro!
    Thankies :B. Did you stop playing cause you died or you didn't like it? both?
    Quote: wrote:
    What's your gamer tag dude?

Same as my username, hit me up if you're stuck or don't get something.
    edited April 2009
    Thankies :B. Did you stop playing cause you died or you didn't like it? both?
    Both, with the added bonus of being incredibly confused.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    Knocked off The World Ends with You (DS) and Overlord (360) yesterday. I'll probably look online for the postgame reports for TWEWY. I'm curious about what went on behind the scenes, but I think adding content in a NG+ is one of the worst ideas RPGs keep reusing. I don't want to immediately restart a game I just finished - only with 0 difficulty - in order to see everything it had to offer.

Whining aside, TWEWY is an excellent game. Totally deserved the 2008 awards we gave it.

The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited April 2009
    What's next for ya 7th? Lost Odyssey?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
This discussion has been closed.