If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What happened to the custom titles?

2»

Comments

• CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, ow. That's one of the worst bugs in forum software I've ever seen.

We've been using vBulletin over at RPGClassics and have been very happy for quite a long while. As for smileys, we just use video game sprites (e.g. crying Bowser, laughing Kefka, Ness with "V" sign, etc.)
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    *panic*
    nkkd01.jpg
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Don't blame yourself. It's definitely a bug in the software.

Right now, we are going to move to vBulletin, as mentioned, but the problem is they don't mention support for ikonForums, though they do support ikonboard. We are looking into how much changed from the two and hopefully can still import everything into vBulletin without much of an issue.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Weren't we using ikonBoard before ikonForums? How painful was that upgrade/migration?

By the way wasn't knocking VBull. I've used it on many other sites as well and I love it. I love the moderation tools it has as well *cackles*

EDIT: I don't see why we'd need to commission any smilies. The built in ones for VBull are decent enough and I'm sure we could always find packs to use without needing to get a "built-to-order" solution.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    Weren't we using ikonBoard before ikonForums? How painful was that upgrade/migration?

By the way wasn't knocking VBull. I've used it on many other sites as well and I love it. I love the moderation tools it has as well *cackles*

EDIT: I don't see why we'd need to commission any smilies. The built in ones for VBull are decent enough and I'm sure we could always find packs to use without needing to get a "built-to-order" solution.
    I like the idea of RPG-centric smilies.

I also think we need to get a set of Pokemon mini-icons and bind them to (pkmn###)

Because everyone likes to put pokemons in their sigs.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    *makes a mental note to limit number of characters per signature*
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2009
    You guys better not touch :lol .
    edited April 2009
    You know... they have "monster egg raising" sites for that purpose...
    edited April 2009
    I also think we need to get a set of Pokemon mini-icons and bind them to (pkmn###)

That would be awesome.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited April 2009
    So we'll all have to up our browser caches by what? Another 50 MB to account for 451 new smileys?

This might be the first board with a minimum system requirement!
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    visit my blog!
    while we're on the topic of new smilies.. PLEASE can i have a kirby? please please please please please?
    nkkd01.jpg
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Don't blame yourself. It's definitely a bug in the software.

Right now, we are going to move to vBulletin, as mentioned, but the problem is they don't mention support for ikonForums, though they do support ikonboard. We are looking into how much changed from the two and hopefully can still import everything into vBulletin without much of an issue.
    Couldn't you temporarily migrate back to Ikonboard then migrate over to vBulletin?
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Migration back and forth would be more of a pain than it would be worth in the end. If we get everything ready to go to vBulletin it would just be less of a hassle.

Entirely unrelated. You need to play tetris more MonCappy. I beat your score!
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
    edited April 2009
    We're evaluating the db changes that occurred to IkonForums. Hopefully it's nothing we can't compensate for. smile.gif
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited April 2009
    That's what she said
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited April 2009
    If you were able to translate from IconBoards to IconForums, I would imagine that the transition to vBulletin would go relatively smoothly. Unless there is some sort of translation of the databases that happens before that transition happens.

As for custom smilies, if they are done, why not a series of smilies based on the dragon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited April 2009
    Migration back and forth would be more of a pain than it would be worth in the end. If we get everything ready to go to vBulletin it would just be less of a hassle.

Entirely unrelated. You need to play tetris more MonCappy. I beat your score!
    Where? Show me the link.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited April 2009
    FF smilies!!!biggrin.gif

And the Pokemon thing's not bad either.

And I'm glad it wasn't a real hack. I'm getting tired of the virtual sex-change operations.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited April 2009
    *laughs* add me on xbl moncappy! biggrin.gif I found out through FB's login. I need to add you myself.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
    edited April 2009
    Ahh. Gotcha! I guess I'll need to play more, then.
    LordBilbanes.png
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited April 2009
    would we transfer post counts if we changed? I wouldn't care that much, but you can't have a member level(Mine currently says 'UNREGISTERED' right now)unless you post 100 times. Make it so you can have one immediately, and I wouldn't care.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I just noticed my stuff was changed. The main thing that made me notice was the little visit my blog thing at the bottom causing me to ask, "What the heck is that...?" Fixed now. ^_^
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    These Chinese keyboards are a pain in the Derri