If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Forum Database Error

DrognarDrognar MemberFull Members
edited May 2009 in Site & Forum Support
I hate to bring this up, since I'm sure Staff has noticed and trying vigilantly to fix it, but apparently the forums gone whack again. Yup, we got a typical case of about 200,00 posts and 12,00 members missing from the forums statistics. How wonderful, I've seen this many times before on Rpgamer's boards so I guess it relates to this forum software, which seems to be a quite rare choice. Anyway, please fix it. sad.gif

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited April 2009
    There is only one way to fix it and that is to dump this software. Someone mentioned earlier that they intend to move to vHulletin but I have no clue when that move is happening. We'll have to wait for a staff member to answer you.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • DrognarDrognar Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Why is that the only way to fix it? I don't mind this software but its true Vbulletin has the lowest amount of bugs as far forum software goes.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2009
    Because this software is buggy and isn't regularly updated unlike VBulletin which is a commercial product.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2009
    From what I understand, the move is in the planning stages right now. There's a potential problem with migrating the database to the new software, which Firemyst is trying to find a solution to. Last resort would be to dump the data and start fresh, but that is absolutely last resort. You're going to have to be patient.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited April 2009
    I for one am greatly looking forward to the change. 8-)
  • Psycho PenguinPsycho Penguin Member Full Members
    edited May 2009
    Just came here to figure out why my avatar and sig are different (have not been here since January)
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited May 2009
    Another forum bug - it turned everyone's avatar and signature into that of a new member.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited May 2009
    Yes and if you don't have enough posts to have a title and you got "UNREGISTERED" as your title, I'll be glad to erase that. (No, I will not give you a title. You have to earn it)

Hopefully the problems will be fixed soonish ^^ And we'll be on a not-so-darn-buggy forum.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.