If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Origins Announced

SDHeroSDHero MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
Yay!!!! We get the FF 1+2 remakes!!!! Read the full story here: http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2003/011003a.html

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Just so you know, I read your blurb. ?At least now you know all that time you took to write it wasn't in vain. tounge.gif
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    There was a blurb?
  • IceGryphonIceGryphon Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    OH HELL YES!! I've been waiting for this to come out for so long. FF1 was the best of the series, being the original, but it's so friggin hard to go back and play that thing with the OOOO....OOOOO as you accidentally click on an open area...but now we'll have the game in all it's glory with revamped graphics. Life is sweet!!!

"You got whacked 'cause you're weak" - Magus
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Hm....It's nice to know specific information. April release and the title. Most people could've found the title in the TESS database. It's been trademarked since December 2nd. On another interesting note, so has Unlimited SaGa....Though that doesn't mean they have to use it. Gotta say that for the record.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Well, its not like everyone didn't know this before thanksgiving. A little later than we expected, but that's okay. I'm still curious as to why SquareEA didn't include Unlimited Saga in the announcement as was originally intended. Hopefully its still bound for the US.
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    biggrin.gif It's about time!!!! I have all Final Fantasy related games and most Square/Squaresoft RPG's.... Alot of us have been waitin to see if they would come out with FF1, FF2, and FF3 as a compliation for PSOne, PS2, or even Gamecube or XBox....

Now, they need to begin on work for FF3 and Bahamut Lagoon compliation..... Or how about Final Fantasy Tactics 2........ The future looks brighter and brighter.......
  • djgoku76djgoku76 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    sarcasm.gif Ok..... I know I'm in the wrong place to ask this..... But what do you guys think about a game like Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre with Dragon Warrior characters.....

How about Chocobo Dungeon 3 for a system?confused.gif
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2003
    im very happy that the ff remakes are making it here.i have played the originals so much.seeing the screens along with all the extras(especially the amano artwork) has me really excited.thanks to square enix...now lets get started on those romancing saga and dragon warrior compilations...
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" Ok..... I know I'm in the wrong place to ask this..... But what do you guys think about a game like Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre with Dragon Warrior characters.....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't played Dragon Warrior. Does it have a few of its own unique classes (not special ones) ? You may see them in FFTA or FFT2 when it does come out since FFTA is said to feature 40+ classes.

I've actually known about this FF1 and 2 release for quite awhile. I'm really not sure if I should buy it; between Xenosaga, RPG Maker 2, maybe Star Ocean 3, MGS Substance, Dynasty Warriors 4, and Devil May Cry 2, I'm not sure I can afford-both money and timewise-another set of rpgs. From the new coverage I saw on FF10-2, I think my time with rpgs is getting a little filled up next year.
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    That Unlimited SaGa thing you mentioned IS a bit unsettling. I'll be really bummed if the game doesn't make it over here, but life will go on I suppose.

How many copies does a company have to sell to earn games tickets to the US?
  • DarkesTDreameRDarkesTDreameR Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2003
    all i can say is it's about bloody time.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2003
    Must...resist...calling EB to see if they have preorders already...

This is something I'm really excited about myself. I was never able to finish FFI, a loaner, and never got to play FFII (hate emulation), so this is a big bonus all wrapped up in one game.

Now, if it had only coincided with a holiday so I could have asked for it as a present tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    OH HELL YES!!!
    *happy dance*
    *happy dance*
    *happy dance*

I AM PRE-ORDERING THIS ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOO DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This is going to rock!

wow.. this is a really useless post isnt it smile.gif
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"From the new coverage I saw on FF10-2, I think my time with rpgs is getting a little filled up next year.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

*CLUNK!* NO!! THIS is 2003! Silly me.

So, since I don't know a bloody thing about any FF before 4, can somebody tell me if it's really worth playing? I'd like to play it just so I can see what the first FF's were like, but that's it. Considering what else is coming out over the year, I'm not sure if I should buy it; can you all lend a hand?
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    I read your blurb, and I would have said so first, but the website told me I was not permitted (I apparently hadn't registered and activated my membership yet; thought I had done that quite a while ago). To the point, it's thrilling to see this port coming! If Activision can release all of its old games on newer systems, so can Square! laugh.gif
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Ahh, this is certainly good news, but if Square wants to charge anything over $40 for this I'm going to hold off on buying it. I'd rather pay $40 for a brand new game than $20 a piece for two classics games with updated graphics.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kamikaze @ Jan. 10 2003,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Ahh, this is certainly good news, but if Square wants to charge anything over $40 for this I'm going to hold off on buying it. I'd rather pay $40 for a brand new game than $20 a piece for two classics games with updated graphics.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The price has not been confirmed, but I'm hearing $29.99. And according to the press release, they're both on the same disc.
  • SephirothSephiroth Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2003
    RPG of the year, I say. wink.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    I seriously wish they would reconsider the one disc packaging. I hate having to choose which game I want from the start up screen. That's why I hated the GBC remakes of DWI&II so much. I'll buy Origins no matter what, but I'd rather pay $10 more for two discs.
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dark messiah @ Jan. 10 2003,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I seriously wish they would reconsider the one disc packaging. I hate having to choose which game I want from the start up screen. That's why I hated the GBC remakes of DWI&II so much. I'll buy Origins no matter what, but I'd rather pay $10 more for two discs.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard on these boards. Sorry. First your comparing a CD, to a Cartridge. Cartridge cost more to produce, and releasing those games as a muli-cartridge deal, would be a waste of money. With the games being on a single CD, Square can pay less and produce more. Second you hated those games, because you had to take a second to pick which game you wanted to play? Picking what game you want to play has no effect on the games themselves.

• CloudCloud Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Lol. It already made Lordbrian's sig. laugh.gif
    edited January 2003
    biggrin.gif I see. I'm suprised he didn't reply to it.
  • CloudCloud Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Honestly, i couldnt come up with a response either. I truely was speechless. biggrin.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    Now I see why everyone else on the net hates these boards. The maturity level is pathetically low. I make a comment that I think it's stupid to put two games on one disc and the pathetic little fanboys lob cheap flames. I'm off to bigger and better things.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Viper @ Jan. 11 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"biggrin.gif I see. I'm suprised he didn't reply to it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I didn't even have to reply to it. I think it pretty much spoke for itself. laugh.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    dark messiah, if you really want to get back at them you can start with Viper's horrible use of commas. Then ask him if he's ever heard of contractions.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dark messiah @ Jan. 10 2003,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Now I see why everyone else on the net hates these boards. The maturity level is pathetically low. I make a comment that I think it's stupid to put two games on one disc and the pathetic little fanboys lob cheap flames. I'm off to bigger and better things.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Wow, everyone else on the entire Internet hates these boards? Guess we've been doing our job, eh Brian?

Seriously, you're missing the point entirely, and there've been no flames in this thread at all. It's just funny that you said you hate DW1&2 GBC for being on one disc.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Squall's GunBlade @ Jan. 11 2003,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"dark messiah, if you really want to get back at them you can start with Viper's horrible use of commas. ?Then ask him if he's ever heard of contractions.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I am sorry if my writing isn't up to your standards. I will admit it was badly written. I don't believe I have ever stated that I was an expert in writing. From now on I will strive to meet your expectations. sarcasm.gif

• Options
    edited January 2003
    Uh oh, the roll-eyes emoticon. What's next, the red frowny face?

Apparently you left your Internet Sarcasm Handbook? at home, kid. Some guy got pissy because everyone made fun of him, and I was just fueling his tantrum. Lighten up.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    i'm still reeling as to why anyone was called a fanboy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm off to bigger and better things.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    may your journey be filled with game boy color discs and playstation multi-disc sets.