If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

FFX-2 Media

Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere PurrRPGamer Staff
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
I'm looking forward to seeing what the game will play like.
So far we haven't really gotten a look at the battle system, but you can get at least a glimpse of story details in these new screenshots.

I am so getting one of those purple dresses made up for myself. ?laugh.gif

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited January 2003
    The link doesn't work. ?sad.gif
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • TidusTidus Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Would help if the page was updated..since it only has pics from Nov. 25th and before that.

Also...like that person said before me..the link doesn't work.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2003
    Whoopsie!
    That's what I get for doing something when I'm sleepy.

The link should work now and is showing me new screens. If you're still seeing old ones, you're caching and will either need to dump your internet history/files, or you can hard refresh (ctrl-alt-clicking refresh in IE)

Thanks for the head's up!
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    And if someone could drag out Photoshop (or anything else
    appropriate) and actually turn *on* the compression in those
    jpegs, those of us not lucky enough to be on broadband
    could get a glance at them... ?sad.gif

(I mean, that "nice tattoo" pic is 340K! for a 640x480! )

Other than that, thanks for the pics! smile.gif

Kiralyn

• Options
    edited January 2003
    I am very much looking forward to this game. I never though that getting broadband would help this much. (I have only gotten it in the last 2 weeks) I have downloaded some movies for X-2 from other places. This is going to be a great game.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kiralyn @ Jan. 10 2003,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And if someone could drag out Photoshop (or anything else
    could get a glance at them... ?sad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You can blame Square for that one...we get them in uber-gigantic .pds format mad.gif
  • Yo-Yo KirbyYo-Yo Kirby Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Wow! This game is looking great! The graphics look better than FFX. I can't wait for it to come out! laugh.gif

(Thank god for broadband, otherwise I'd still be
    waiting for the third pic to show up)
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    Doesn't it bother anyone besides me that the only thing this game really pretends to have is old characters in new (interesting) costumes? I mean, I'm all about cute FF girls, but where's some concrete evidence that this game will actually be GOOD? eh.gif
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Try checking back a little closer than three months before the release date.
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    Has anyone else noticed that most of the "new" pictures were posted in the last FFX-2 pic update as well? Just thought I'd mention that I had seen just about all of those pics before, on this site.
  • Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Just a question--didn't Rikku have different eyes because she was Al Bhed--they had swirls or something in them? The screenshots and CGI Image show her with regular eyes. Did I imagine this? 0.o
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Good observation, but I think she still has those swirling iris. I think the camera is just too far to see clearly.
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kiralyn @ Jan. 10 2003,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And if someone could drag out Photoshop (or anything else
    could get a glance at them... ?sad.gif

(I mean, that "nice tattoo" pic is 340K! for a 640x480! )

Other than that, thanks for the pics! smile.gif

Kiralyn[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Your request for compression has been met, the largest screen in this update is now 67KB. Hopefully our 56K friends (I was one until getting back to school) can view these screens quickly now. smile.gif
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Hopefully our 56K friends (I was one until getting back to school) can view these screens quickly now.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

On a 56K, "quickly" is a relative term regardless of the size of the file. wink.gif
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paws @ Jan. 10 2003,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Whoopsie!
    That's what I get for doing something when I'm sleepy.

The link should work now and is showing me new screens. ?If you're still seeing old ones, you're caching and will either need to dump your internet history/files, or you can hard refresh (ctrl-alt-clicking refresh in IE)

Thanks for the head's up![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No problem. smile.gif Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh in that note, just wanted to point that out.
    edited January 2003
    Seems like some of the pics are new but the others are just recycled from the last update I've seen.

But they are still good nevertheless.

Is hairstyle going to change with the clothing of the jobs?
  • MalikMalik New Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    is it just me or do they lose more and more clothes?
    if they come out with a third, i wonder what they will be wearing then.

and i wish the aeons were back, my favorite was Valefor
  • Geek_SquidGeek_Squid Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Malik @ Jan. 16 2003,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"and i wish the aeons were back, my favorite was Valefor[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Who says they aren't? In fact "<span class="spoiler">i'm sure I saw Bahamut in a clip</span>"
  • Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Malik @ Jan. 16 2003,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"is it just me or do they lose more and more clothes?
    if they come out with a third, i wonder what they will be wearing then.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    New from SquareEnix, Final Fantasy X-3, AKA Final Fantasy XXX. See all your favorite gals from Final Fantasy X and X-2 travel through Spira on some mission or other. New job classes include stripper, super model and call girl.
  • OrsonFuryOrsonFury Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Geek_Squid @ Jan. 16 2003,15wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Who says they aren't? ?In fact "<span class="spoiler">i'm sure I saw Bahamut in a clip</span>"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ahh "<span class="spoiler">Bahamut a much missed summon</span>" who rips up the scene in style! Just the mention of it raises my eyebrow a bit more for this sequel. :]
    "The man who sees an opportunity and does nothing is asleep with his eyes open" - Fremen wisdom, Dune: House Corrino, Pg. 472
  • MalikMalik New Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Temple_Priestess @ Jan. 16 2003,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE".[/quote]
    New from SquareEnix, Final Fantasy X-3, AKA Final Fantasy XXX. ?See all your favorite gals from Final Fantasy X and X-2 travel through Spira on some mission or other. ?New job classes include stripper, super model and call girl.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    you just gave hope to guys everywhere biggrin.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Temple_Priestess @ Jan. 16 2003,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"New from SquareEnix, Final Fantasy X-3, AKA Final Fantasy XXX. ?See all your favorite gals from Final Fantasy X and X-2 travel through Spira on some mission or other. ?New job classes include stripper, super model and call girl.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That would be the wrong kind of RPG. Now maybe if SquareEnix and Jast were to merge we might see that...

Though, on second thought I wouldn't be too surprised if something like that did come along. I seem to remember one of the dancers in FF4 actually stripping off her clothes witha mosaic or a lapdance or something like that. Then there was the red magazine/book that you could get in the same game.

Maybe the designers at Square are just trying to make for entertaining cosplayers.
  • NinaNina Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    O_o I for one am not for this game...it looks like Tomb Raider and really dumb! it seemed like they are making this one just for fanboys...what are they thinking?