If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Am I the only one seeing this?

ACPACP A Crustacean in a PotFull Members
edited June 2009 in Site & Forum Support
I've been noticing that the board has this weird, intermittent glitch. Sometimes, when I post to a thread and then click on the "New Posts" link, my post will appear as the most recent post in the thread index, as you'd expect, but if I re-enter the thread, my post doesn't actually appear in the thread. However, it doesn't stay MIA: when someone else posts to that thread next, my post magically reappears in its proper place. I've occasionally seen this with other people's posts, where they're listed as the newest post in a thread, but they don't appear until someone else posts after them.

So, am I the only one who has seen this, or is this general knowledge (and I'm the last to figure it out), or what have you?

Don't know if anything can be done about it, but I mention it just in case it turns out to be easy to fix (maybe there's a setting that needs to be changed from "do that" to "don't do that" tounge2.gif ).

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
- Mark Twain

Comments

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Haven't seen it happen with mine. I did however see it happen with your post in the Say Anything thread this morning. It was on the index but didn's show up until the second time I looked. Odd.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited June 2009
    Actually that's sorta become a injoke, I noticed it oh, a board upgrade or two ago.

The Case of the Missing Post. Again, this might vanish once the board upgrade happens. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Re: HyphyKezzy
    Quote: wrote:
    I did however see it happen with your post in the Say Anything thread this morning.

Yeah, that's what prompted me to open this thread. I've been on this board a few years, and I'm just now noticing it. My state of mind is "oblivious", apparently.

Thanks for the link, M.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited June 2009
    No problem. Some of those I need to update and I'll get to that as fast as I can, but hopefully that explains it.

I hope that's one of the bugs tho that gets killed when we change software though ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Actually that's sorta become a injoke, I noticed it oh, a board upgrade or two ago.

The Case of the Missing Post. Again, this might vanish once the board upgrade happens. ^^
    It will vanish, not might. vBulletin is far superior to the electronic garbage being used for the forum now.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited June 2009
    This happened to me quite a few times, never thought anything of it myself. The posts always make it where they are supposed to go eventually.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, not too worried, either, since we're talking about posts, not bank deposits. But I got curious, you know?
    - Mark Twain