If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

.Hack//GU Trilogy DVD

DQ5DQ5 MemberFull Members
edited July 2009 in Entertainment
For those of you who do not know .Hack//GU Trilogy is 131min CG film that is based off the 3 PS2 .Hack//GU games. Bandai will be releasing the DVD next month but I will add if your not a fan of subtitles you may want to pass as Bandai Entertainment has decided not to include a dub for the film.

Comments

• Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2009
    No dub? Lame. .hack//G.U.'s VA was really good, a dub should have been a no brainer.

*sigh* Guess I won't be getting it after all.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2009
    No dub? Lame. .hack//G.U.'s VA was really good, a dub should have been a no brainer.

I don't know... Bandai was a bit odd with G.U. The game had awesome VAs, but did you check out the anime tie-in, .hack//Roots? The dub was dreadful! They didn't use the game's voice actors and instead hired some terrible talents. Maybe we should just count our blessing that we're getting the DVD.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    I'll pick it up for sure if only to support the franchise so we can see more games/media in the future. I love the GU games as well so that helps!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • DQ5DQ5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2009
    I saw Trilogy last year at Animazement and the japanese VA was great so i will be picking this up on August 18th as i perfer the original japanese VA over dubs.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2009

I don't know... Bandai was a bit odd with G.U. The game had awesome VAs, but did you check out the anime tie-in, .hack//Roots? The dub was dreadful! They didn't use the game's voice actors and instead hired some terrible talents. Maybe we should just count our blessing that we're getting the DVD.
    It was definitely odd that they didn't use the same VAs, but I didn't find it bad. Just a bit disconcerting at first, but I got used to it.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...