The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Netherworld - OOC

Comments

• envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited May 2011
    all right. Just wondering. Didn't want to leave you out of the loop unnecessarily
    edited June 2011
    icbmalaria is now given control of Cindy and Jack
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Lundy "Wooo"
    Jack "SUPER JUMP!"
    Cindy "Ugh."
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Hey everyone, I wanted join up. Here is my character:

Name: Terrance “Terry” Donoghue
    Sex: Male
    nationality: London, England

abilities: Conversationalist (able to talk himself and others out of sticky situations), contortionist, a excellent judge of character and intent, very hard to fool without a large amount of coaxing, sewing, clothing alternation, beginner knowledge of TaiChi (used for acting exercises and was the alternative to ballet lessons).

personality: Has a very inviting and approachable demeanor. Often cracks jokes despite the state of the situation. When face by adversity, normally responds with laughter and snarky comments, but on the inside, a frantic and calculating mind is working out all scenarios for him to come out on top. Loves attention, as it often brings out the best in him. “Life's only fun with an audience, right?” Has a very quick and sharp tongue. Though he knows when to shut-up, he will always make his opinion known if it can improve the state of a situation, or just to screw with someone.

ambitions: Wants to bring laughter, entertainment, and art boons to the world of Necros.

Enjoys: The arts, new experiences, food, music, dancing, telling jokes, reading, and writing.

Dislikes: Standing still, silence, boredom

romances: None

appearance: 5'6” with dark hair, dark skin, and brown eyes. Though his clothing on earth was pretty commonplace for a penny-pinching college student, after arriving into Necros and splicing into Jacknape, his fashion sense took a small change in order for him to enjoy his new “role”. When not expecting battle, he wears purposefully worn suits of faded colors black and brown. Disappointed after not receiving rabbit ears after splicing, he wears a worn top hat with rigid rabbit ears on either side while inside. He also is hairier the most humans, but noticeably softer. However, this increase in hair did not translate to his face, but has him able to grow a beard really quickly, but he prefers to keep it at stubble.

Background: Terry's life was anything but sedentary. As a child, he and his parents often traveled all over the UK and Europe. With his Mother being an archeologist and his Father being a Museum Curator, Terry was exposed to the hundreds of years of socialites and their art and entertainment. However, at the age of seven, a grease fire destroyed a hotel they were staying. Only Terry survived out of his family. He spent the next ten years of his life in an orphanage in Cardiff. He spent the next year effectively as a mute. Because of his age, it was quite unlikely he would be adopted. After a year in Cardiff, a strange letter was sent. This was the card that changed his life, set his destiny into motion, and laughter became his greatest weapon.

He soon decided to spread laughter too others. None should suffer like he did without it. His interest in comedy eventually lead him to theater and costuming, were he felt right at home. After finishing his high school degree, he scrimped and saved through various performances and part-time jobs. He went and graduated from Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow Scotland. He graduated from there and was ready to take on the world of comedy and theater. Unfortunately, he met his untimely end by a rouge night bus (or so he says).

After ending up in Necros, he found his way into Lohengrin, as they were they only group he could find that offered some of the very boons to world that he envisioned. He would eventually like to persuade them to add acting to the inventory.

He died with a collection of plays, every play he has ever performed and plans too, and the letter that changed his life.
    (this stuff will be filled in later in the RPG)

Race: Beastman - Jackanape

weapons: Light Grieves, with hidden daggers or knives for quick kills. Also carries light knives or daggers in various parts of his clothing and armor.

armor: When in battle he wears a light jacket with numerous hidden pockets and secret compartments. Durable slacks. Also leather gloves for the occasional attacks using his hands.

class: Rouge/Thief

spells: Gravitational Magic and Movement Magic

Gravitational:

Ib. Buoyank
    IIa. Crush
    IIIb. Lat

Movement:
    Ib. Ikon
    IIIa. Celran

skills: Improved hearing, strong leg muscles, quick thinking, and faster then average
    edited June 2011
    Terry approved. Welcome aboard SuccessorM.
    edited June 2011
    Name: Niles Desdemona (codename: Everest)
    Sex: male
    nationality: Ceredae, Doppelekereft

abilities: Rather much a jack-of-all trades. He has a great amount of knowledge for everyday things.

personality: Everest commands a very charismatic and friendly personality. The man is generally a friendly person who wishes the best for all people of Necros. He is an adventurer by destiny and has explored more of the Untamed than any mortal in Necros. Never one to flaunt his powers, Everest usually lets others fight to show their own worth rather than simply ending everything himself.

ambitions: To map the entirety of the Untamed.

Dislikes: Humans (though more a slight disapproval than an outright opposition), Vulcan

romances: ADVENTURE

appearance: Everest stands at nearly seven feet in height with faded white hair tied into a ponytail behind his head. His skin is tan and he has scars covering his face and body, including a notable one carved into the palm of his hand. He normally dresses in very traditional explorer garb, a mantle with various amulets and reflectors, as well as phials of chemicals and survival equipment. A homemade set of armor, gloves, and boots. He is very muscular and has aged well. His eyes are a deep crimson and his ears are pierced with various tribal earrings.

Background: Everest was born the seventh reincarnation of Empress Ceres. He was informed of this and has essentially lived the life of an explorer and emperor since. He is called upon from time to time as the leader of D’onofrio to go on missions with the mercenaries, but he normally spends his time in the Untamed.

(this stuff will be filled in later in the RPG)

Race: Elf

Weapons: himself

armor: stated above, a homemade armor made to resist most weapons and enhance his own strength.

class: Emperor

spells: none

skills: As the reincarnation of the Empress Ceres, Everest has the unique trait of gaining his own ability similar to the way demons would, as well as the ability to use the abilities of all his previous incarnations.
    Will of the Sovereign: Allows Everest to exert a supreme will which can bend others to his will for the time being.
    Enhanced Strength
    Ancestral Knowledge
    Chronolock
    Perspicuity: Immunity to all forms of mental manipulation or control.
    Faunal Manipulation
    Power projection: Allows Everest to give all of his abilities to any reincarnation of himself.
    edited June 2011
    Desoto's reaction to Cindy is as follows:

Sam02.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Name: Solandra Chalice
    Sex: Female
    Nationality: France

Abilities: Excellent cook.

Personality: Solandra has changed somewhat during her time in Necros. She is now highly dedicated to the art of destroying people. Her personality reflects this, as she has developed something of an understanding for what situations would best torment people. She is sadistic and not above using unfair tactics to achieve her ends.

Ambitions: Become a Gourmet Chef

Dislikes: People insulting her cooking.

Romances: None

Appearance: 5'7", blonde hair disheveled over her top half. Solandra's skin is tan and she has various multicolored veins pulsating through her body, signaling the storage points of various chemicals. Solandra dresses in an elegant gothic lolita fashion. In addition, Solandra now has six arms, three on each side of her body, all of which are fully prehensile. She is slender and good looking, though the exact features and proportions of her body change as she alters her body chemistry constantly.

Background: Solandra grew up in France and learned the greatest French passion, cooking, from her uncle. Since then her devotion to the art has been almost religious, leaving passion for all other things behind. At the age of 17 she began attending professional cooking classes and was hired as a chef at a 5-Star restaurant. After two years of hard work she rose up to the rank of Sous Chef and was maintaining a 4.0 at her college. Unfortunately, she died in a bloody accident involving knives and a rat in her restaurant. Solandra has traveled with Miguel since arriving in Necros and eventually decided it would be best to let Miguel accrue power and then to take it away from him.

Race: Succubus

Weapons: Various chemicals and phials of alchemic concoctions.

Armor: Prefers to rely on her charm to keep her safe, she wears gothic lolita clothing.

Class: Saboteur

Spells: Mastered Status Magic "Agonfield", Umbramancy

Skills: Able to create and secrete many varieties of chemicals which have varying effects on her body, as well as those around her.
    edited June 2011
    Deploying chart in 3, 2, 1.

Untitled.png
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Zalera I'd like to remind you that Clyde is an Alrue and would be able to make himself immune...
    edited June 2011
    The wild Solandra used Attract!
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Wild Damien ran away!
    que?
    edited June 2011
    All right, so I've been giving things some thought.

We are approaching the end of the first major story segment of Netherworld. After this we'll have one final transition-arc before the second and more major story of Netherworld begins. For this arc some major changes will be occurring as we begin our fight against Vera and her ten droids.

Now here are some things I've been considering. First of all is the role of our party: I don't think our current party can in all reality fight these droids and win. That is why there will probably be a massive reforming of our party when we complete this arc with Miguel. New characters will be required if you wish to combat the droids and survive. However, don't take this as me simply shutting down your characters. If you truly feel that your character will contribute something to this newer party, or if you simply want them to stay around and develop them further, by all means, I encourage you to do so. Desoto still has story relevance so he will be staying even though he will not be as actively engaged in combat with the main bosses. I am currently debating between the idea of having two parties or simply having one large one. If we stick with two parties, then one will go on to confront the major bosses, this party being comprised of the best fighters you have to offer, and the other one will be going on missions much like the ones we've been going on prior, where they may be a much more broad or specific goal than simply killing the droid. This first option is the one which I am currently preferring right now, as it allows two distinct groups to be formed which may have very different personalities from each other, which will more greatly show the two different styles of gameplay. The other idea is to have one large group consisting of whoever wishes to continue after this mission involving Miguel, as well as whoever else joins after this point. This guarantees that your character will be there to witness the main plot as it unfolds, though it puts them into greater danger, and they may be killed by the droids.

Next up is the role of death in this RPG. Death is supposed to be a major theme in this game: we started with the deaths of our characters, the world we are in is filled with it and essentially revolves around it, our home planet has been bereaved of it, we are confronted with the possibility of it constantly, and, in all likelihood, it will become a reality from time to time.

I intend to make bosses that are appropriate to the party's level of power. While the heavy hitters will be confronting the droids, the other party will be confronting enemies who, while still powerful, are not on the same reality-altering level that the final bosses are. For this reason, I warn you all about the possibility of your characters dying. From now on, death is going to be a more pressing reality in fights, and if you don't fight smart, you may be killed. Don't worry, I won't ever kill anyone permanently in the way that I just killed Nick, where there's no hope to possibly fight back because we're essentially in a death trap. However, if someone that is truly weak goes up against Pearl (the final boss) hoping to charge her with a knife in the hopes that I'll simply say "Pearl dodged and knocked the player unconscious" you will find yourself sorely mistaken, as she will most likely dodge and blow them to smithereens. the same applies to all of the droids, if your character charges in unprepared and is simply incapable of competing on their level, then they will be killed.

I know this might seem unfair, to present people that have worked very hard on their characters with the threat of imminent death. That is why I am giving this warning. The only time I will restart a battle is if the overwhelming majority of the party dies in that one battle. I will try to be fair, like I said, and proportionate in the fights we will be going up against. However, just be aware that if you wish to compete with the final bosses in combat, new characters are practically a requirement. I want you to create these new characters not as though they were just something to beat the bosses with, they should have as much character as anyone else, and I want everyone to have fun playing them, as I want everyone to have fun playing any of their own characters. If you wish to continue having your character exist, though you don't care if they are actually there for the plot, consider having them join the secondary party. If you wish to have them stick around as we fight the main villains, simply be prepared that they may very well permadie in combat against them.

I had some other thoughts, but as always my memory fails me, if anyone has any objections or questions or suggestions then please ask me. The only things I am absolutely unwilling to do are rewrite the entire story, or make the bosses weaker.
    edited June 2011
    First post, I am sure Terry will have many promising adventures with your party's floor.
    edited June 2011
    If Damien were any higher he'd mistake him for Jack and start slicing again.
    que?
    edited June 2011
    I was worried about that, but its great to see that he passed out right before I did :D
    edited June 2011
    Passed out? No, he's still very conscious.
    que?
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    ya know if anything he'd think Jack came back to haunt him

........ are we camping by his mutilated corpse?
    edited June 2011
    yes

we're kinda messed up like that
    edited June 2011
    Craaap.

This is going to be an interesting night.
    edited June 2011
    Upon Nick's death, here are how his finances are to be handled.

Nick did not have any money on his name as a Doppelekereft citizen. His city has been repossessed by the Doppelekereft Central Bank to repay his debt. Formerly, Nick was considered the de facto "representative" of our Enforcement Squad whenever we worked with Vulcan. However, now that title is passed on to Desoto as being the one who has been with Vulcan the longest. Since he was with them during the time between the tournament and Lumina as well. As such, we are drawing upon Desoto's "salary" from now on.... Desoto has no salary.... the exception to this rule are Rena, Lundy, Cindy, Clyde, and Terry, who are using the money of their original Vulcan-assigned guardians.

So yeah, while Rena, Lundy, Cindy, Clyde and Terry can easily spend money (and George too, via Lord Ashcroft), the rest of us really can't buy anything for now.
    edited June 2011
    Lundy: Hear that Drow?! You can't buy cigarettes but I can!
    edited June 2011
    Actually, something I just remembered... Clyde killed his entire team.

In which case, Clyde is either going to have to find a benefactor, or get a job to get money.
    edited June 2011
    Just so you know Sean, I remember having Damien give Cindy a necrotian almanac back when Sat was still controlling her so she would know a little about the races and such.

Also, Damien will beat you to death for a cigarette.
    que?
    edited June 2011
    I think Damien snatched back the almanac though I can't say for sure and don't care to look for it. Especially since even if it was given to Cindy (and not taken back) she wouldn't have bothered to look through it and probably lost it anyways.
    edited June 2011
    George's new ability is mind-body swap. He can swap bodies with an individual provided he has a clear shot at them (the transfer takes place in the form of a thought-wave, not a beam or something). The transfer can stay in place until either George dismisses it (from his new body). Or George's original body is in significant peril, causing an instant switch so that the original owner might protect their body. When George is switched, he has access to all physical abilities and racial abilities of the target. The exception are techniques the target has developed themselves which require a certain knowledge of the art to perform. He keeps his own spells while in the targets body, and the target maintains their own spells while in George's, also having access to his racial abilities as a Vampire and the ability to walk on walls and ceilings, which he has carried over from his long time as an Archne.
    edited July 2011
    I just realized, it's Netherworld's second birthday. Happy two years everyone. We completed my goal of beating Miguel by this time.
    edited July 2011
    Yay! Happy Birfmas Netherworld!
    edited July 2011
    Wheeeeeee!!!

Where's the cake......
    que?
    edited July 2011
    ... there is no cake in Necros... Vulcan took it away from everyone