If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld

Comments

• icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Regaining control of herself, Cindy found herself cheering, "RAH RAH CUT-" She watched Henry pick up Solandra's body and consume her. 'Oh. My. God.' She had no clue what to do. 'Is he like going to do that to me too?' The cheerleader kept her composure despite the troubling thought. She sighed wondering if this was one of those times she'd have to be nice. She hated being nice. "Hey, you. Could you like, you know, make those jerks come back you made disappear? They're kinda- and I'm totally using this word loosely- my friends. So like yeah," She asked in a fairly polite tone. She shifted uncomfortably, "Of course you don't have to if you don't want. I totally get it." She smiled and twirled a strand of hair with her finger.

Jack gazed around the room, paying no attention to anyone that was injured or unconscious. He hopped over to the door and tried to open it and when that didn't work he attempted to kick it down. Nothing seemed to do any good and the Jackanape shuddered realizing they were trapped. "What do ya reckon we do?" he asked Nick.

Lundy had probably sustained the most injury from the fight. Still unconscious, he remained tied up by the vines, his body limp and his head down. His broken jaw hung loosely open in a painful manner.
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "I'm not sure...." Nick said as he wandered around. He went to the spot on the wall where Solandra had begun writing her messages and turned to Rena, he walked over to the young girl and took her knife from her, bringing it to the wall and etching a message. 'Ancient Items of the Holders, I beg of you, take pity on us and let us out of this cursed place.' Nick was afraid, he had heard stories since childhood about the powerful and terrible capabilities of the Holder Items.

'د څه له پاره بايد مرسته وکړي نو زه تاسو ته، چې ما خورده فروشي تاسو ته د؟' The message returned to the wall, indecipherable to Nick or the party.

Nick shrugged and figured he'd continue his plea, etching more into the wall. 'If Miguel continues to do this, Sheol and all of Necros will be put back into war.'

'ښه دي. په سوي دي. ذهن نشين نه دي چې د امريکا د متحده ايالتونو، تور دېو. چې تاسو او ستا د سياره ارزانه بيه زما په ژوند کې زما پرسد تېاگانو، زما هيله لرم، زما سره.'

Nick felt a terrible chill rush up his spine as Henry replied.

Suddenly, thoughts flashed through Nick's head. Aconcagua, the videos of his girlfriend and her lover, Judge Singue and the feeling of pain that his sword caused as it crippled him. The elation he felt at meeting Charysadol, the happiness he felt as Dharma broke him out of prison, the happiness he felt when he first met the party, the sadness of his parents dying, and the sadness of being placed in jail for debt, his first love, his first day of school. Nick felt all of these as his body quickly disintegrated, and his head was put on the wall on the trophy stand.

"Nick!" Desoto had been screaming to no avail, he found himself unable to move as the man began to disintegrate. He muscled his way out of the vines, breaking a good deal of his feathers off in the process. The harpy ran across the room to find that Nick had already departed as his body started to vaporize.

The entire room began to rumble as a large strike of lightning sounded and large slashes appeared in the roof of the ceiling. "YOU SOLD ME" they said. Behind the slashes were revealed a swirling of purple clouds with lightning flashing through the clouds. Five-hundred and thirty eight faces flashed through the sky. A booming voice echoed out of the vent. "WHY SHOULD I SPARE YOU!?!?!?!?"

On the surface, Henry simply "stared" at Cindy, a strange cooing sound coming out from the being. He was aware Cindy had not been with the party long, and that he could not affect her even if she was.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2011
    George was breathless. For months now, he had been doing his best to repay his debt and gratitude to Nick. As he watched the man vanish before him, George lost the will to fight. He sit down and did his best not to cry. He did not care at this point. He no longer was interested in killing Miguel. If the young man survived, he decided he would continue on to see his lord by himself, unless one of the kids decided to leave with him. He felt bad for Desoto, but George didn't care at this point.
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "That... was weird." Clyde said as he saw Nick disintegrate. He looked at the others to see their reaction to what had just happened to Nick. Suddenly, strange things were happening in the room and Clyde felt uneasy. "I've got a bad feeling about this." he thought. "We really have to get out of here." Clyde said, whispering to himself.
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "My God," was all Daniel could muster as as he watched Nick disintegrate. For several moments, all he could do was stand there, unaware of anything and unable to do anything. When he did come to, he found it difficult to hold back his sadness as he went about reviving those who had been injured or put to sleep. For now, keeping himself busy was the only way he could prevent himself from breaking down.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    When Daniel revived Rena she sat up slowly pain throbbing through her body from Nick's last attack ((TT.TT)), though she was no longer affected by Clyde's pheromones because of Henry's presence. "What happe-" she started then froze when she saw Nick's head resting on the trophy-base. 'no no no no no no"no no nonononoNONONONONONONO-" her voice suddendly cracked and she realized that at some point she had started speaking aloud. "Not again," she sobbed quietly before her mind froze, 'Again? Wha-' Her head throbbed harshly and the sound of a phantom gunshot echoed in her head. She grabbed her head and started rocking back and forth slightly as a blurred silhouette flashed before her eyes as it fell to the ground. Her head throbbed again even more harshly, "He was only trying to help us, why couldn't I do anything? WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?!" She broke out laughing hysterically without realizing it, 'I can't take this.... not again......Again? What? Why is it again?!' Her head throbbed again sharply and she suddenly fell silent eyes going glassy for a moment before her eyes refocused.

"Ha, weak b****. It's just a f***ing head jeez." Rena walked forward with a swagger and poked Nick's head on the nose, "See, no harm done, and he ain't complainin'." She cackled and then muttered to herself, "First the old hag now this guy, sheesh she's such a wimp, it's only two people." She turned to the others, "So you must be her 'buddies,'" she said using air quotes. "You look like a pleasant group, think I've met some of you before." She walked forward with her head tilted, "My memories are fuzzy from back then, but I'm doing a lot better now." She paused looking proud of herself, "Even figured out what my name is. Wanna guess? Too bad, it's Lilith."
    edited June 2011
    Desoto's face contorted as he heard Rena begin cracking. "Not now.... why now?" He thought to himself about what to do in this situation. "This is horrible.. everyone's falling apart... what do I do?" Desoto leaned his head against the wall, completely bereft of hope. He had thought of asking Rena to negotiate with Henry as she wasn't there when the deal to hand him to Miguel was made, but that became unavailable as Rena went insane. "this is where it ends, huh?" the harpy muttered to himself as he lost hope

"You know, it isn't too much to ask for divine intervention from time to time." A low voice rang in Desoto's head.

Suddenly, the party found themselves magically transported back into the mountains, in front of Henry. Before them stood a strange group of people, none of whom were recognizable to the party. Several middle-aged appearing men, a person in a HAZMAT suit and a man with long grey hair tied into a pony tail. He held a hand up and looked at the beast that was Henry. He spoke in the same ancient tongue as the Elves from Archimede to Henry.

The person in the HAZMAT suit approached the party "Oh, it's you all again." The voice was recognizable as McKinley. "You're lucky we landed in Gehenna. Do us a favor and stay out of our way."

Desoto was simply happy to be alive. He was bewildered by the voice he had heard, and wondered about its origin, but was too distracted by the thoughts of Nick's death and his own salvation to think on it too long.
    edited June 2011
    Lundy rubbed his aching jaw, now back in place. He had only briefly caught a glimpse of Nick's head and even before he could react to that Rena snapped. "No! Nick?! S*** what's going on? Rena!?" He grew deathly still as he started to piece together what happened. Then suddenly he found himself transported outside of Henry with Nick missing. His thoughts now confirmed, he fought the urge to scream, to hit something, to kill something. Lundy couldn't fight the tears back though, he silently cried not bothering to wipe the tears streaming down his face. 'We've ruined his life...we took his life. Why did he put up with us?' He felt sick to his stomach. 'I never did anything to help him...I'm f***ing useless.' Then he remembered. 'Rena.' He looked up with red watery eyes and hopelessly said, "Rena...please listen to me. I don't want to talk to you, Lilith. I want Rena."

Jack looked around nervously. He was happy to be out of that room and now wanted to put some distance between himself and Henry. The Jackanape gave a slight frown to Lundy. Nick had died. So what? People die. "What's the little lady's deal?" Jack raised an eyebrow at Rena, dismissing her as another over reaction. He decided he wouldn't stay with the party any longer. He couldn't get over the fact that he had been betrayed. 'F*** you, Solandra. I thought we had a deal. If I had known ya turn on me I'd never have helped your b**** a** in the first place! I wish ya were still alive so I could kill ya myself.'

Cindy, though it may be hard to believe, wasn't a completely horrible person. She noticed the group was upset about something. Something bad had happened in there. They were one man short. Nick was gone. Cindy didn't say a word.
    edited June 2011
    Lilith was initially shocked by the sudden transportation out of the room, but it didn't phase her long. She looked around herself and easily concluded that she was out numbered and knew that it was best to not do anything to set them off even if the idea did tempt her. As she continued to eye the area coldly she noticed Jack acting nervous unlike the others and she decided to try her hand at mind reading out of curiosity. She could barely piece his name together from the fragments of memories she had access too, but it was enough and the momentary contact she managed with his mind made her snicker loudly. "You IDIOTS!" She continued in a sing-song voice, "You trusted that twitching little rabbit man? He betrayed you! I thought the b**** would at least pick some smart people to stay with." She broke out into maniacal laughter and then cut herself short, "Whoops there went the plan to not make them mad," she pursed her lips and shrugged, "Oh well." She broke out laughing again.
    edited June 2011
    Desoto glared at Lilith. "Damien, could you take care of the brat?" He snapped. "I think we have some business to take care of with Jack.." Without a moment to lose, Desoto drew his machine-gun and shot Jack twice in each leg before moving over to him. "You sold us out, huh? Funny thing that Rena had never mentioned that to us before, but whatever.. I guess you weren't important enough to be on her radar. So tell me, rabbit, was it just Solandra, or does Miguel know we're here too?"

"Hey Vinson, any idea what's going on?" McKinley asked the illusionist mercenary who was actually not making things strange, as per a request Everest had asked of him.

"Looks like our little honorary mercs aren't all on the same page. Sorta sad, I think.. would've been fun to fight alongside them." Vinson answered.

Everest, meanwhile, continued to speak in ancient tongue to Henry, gesturing to various places as he spoke. Occasionally, the abomination would utter a noise or speak in the same tongue, showing that there was communication between the two.
    edited June 2011
    Jack hadn't payed any attention to Lilith, her words didn't process until after a few seconds. He would have ran but Desoto was quick to shoot his legs out from under him, he let out a sharp cry. He grinned madly up at Desoto, "HAHAHAHA!!!! Whats a matter bird? Ya look a bit mad." He clutched his legs in agony, "About Miguel...Can't say for certain cuz I never talked to em'. Solandra planned to kill em'. So if ya use ya f***in' brain it'd make sense she never told em'. Ever since the tournament I let her know everything. Where we were. What we did. Who we met. We made a deal. B**** betrayed me as ya saw." He laughed bitterly, "I guess there's some sayin' what goes 'round comes 'round." Jack could sense his time drawing near. "It doesn't matter." He said flatly, suddenly removing his crossbow. He took aim at Lilith, that bloody girl who found him out. He staggered briefly and rapidly fired arrow after arrow at the girl. He wouldn't bother to reload.
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Damien didn't need Desoto to tell him to deal with Lilith. The truth of the matter was that he simply wanted to punch something. The one member of their group he tolerated had died and now this brat had to show up too? "Fu** that....," he thought to himself as he prepared to give Lilith the beating of her life. Just as he was about to though he caught Jack taking aim with his own crossbow. The drow instantly teleported in front of Rena/Lilith before teleporting safely away with the girl. Once the jackanape ran out of ammo, Damien turned towards him, a new look of fire and hatred in his eyes. "Get out of my fu**ing way, Desoto," he growled as he all but stomped over to the injured rabbit man. "The doctor is in!!" Damien grabbed Jack by the throat and dragged him away from the group before throwing him back to the ground. The good doctor reached into his coat, pulling out a syringe, pliers, a scalpel, and a pair of medical scissors. "Just to make sure you don't go anywhere...." The drow removed his own crossbow and promptly shot Jack in each of his appendages, effectively nailing the man to the ground.

"Now then, where should I start?" he asked to no one in particular as he pulled out a sharpy and raised Jack's shirt. "I think I'll start here....oh, then here, and finally here...," the drow said with a monotone voice as he drew several lines across Jack's stomach before removing the scalpel. "You might feel a slight pinch, fu**face," Damien said as he drove the scalpel into the man's gut, carving it lengthwise across. The good doctor repeated the process several times, being careful not to hit any of the man's vital organs. No, he wanted him to stay alive a little bit longer. "It hurts doesn't it? Look me in the eye and tell me how much it hurts...." Damien was practically leaning into Jack's face by now, waiting, hoping for the man to be stupid enough to speak. Next Damien took the syringe and surprisingly enough, stuck himself in the arm with it. "Morphine....I find it increases my enjoyment exponentially....," he said with a mad grin. The good doctor then took the pliers and scissors and, through a combination of the two, removed each of the jackanape's fingers. By now he could tell the man was about to pass out from sheer pain alone. That simply wouldn't do. The doctor removed yet another syringe from his pocket and drove it straight into the man's heart before pushing down on the plunger. Adrenaline shot into Jack's system, bringing the man back to life for the finale of his torture. The good doctor rose up from the bloody mess that was his most recent victim, pulling the crossbow out as he did. Without another word, Damien pointed it between Jack's eyes and fired, silencing the man once and for all.

The drow returned to the group a bloody mess. Bits of Jacks flesh and whole pools of his blood covered the good doctor's clothes as he made his way back to Lilith. Without so much as a word the doctor raised his fist and slammed it into the girl's jaw. This was followed by yet another fist, then another, and another until Damien found himself in a flurry of wild swings. Damien finished with a powerful kick to Lilith's temple, sending the girl careening over. "....I'm done."
    que?
    edited June 2011
    "That... was the most sickening thing I have ever... seen." Clyde said he watched Damien do unspeakably horrible things to Jack. He turned and walked away from the group. "May I be excused for a moment? I need to find some place to, uh, throw up." Clyde said, trying to hold back his gag reflex. "Mental note: don't ever do anything to make the Drow angry."
    edited June 2011
    McKinley gave a brief applause as Damien tortured Jack and beat Lilith up. "A tad pedestrian, but not bad for an amateur. Tell me, did he have any abilities apart from physical ones?" The Cryptid asked Desoto, who still stood over the body, a haggard look on his face.

"No.."

"Too bad" McKinley continued. "I'd have made an offer to purchase the piece if he did.. Vinson, do you think Everest is quite done yet?" she turned to face the illusionist.

"Looks like he's almost there" Vinson responded, pointing toward Everest.

"برگردیدبه دریاها،شمابیشترخواهیدیافت که آنجاازاینجاانجام بدهید" The mercenary spoke in a female voice to Henry.

"من آن راسخت می یابم که ،ملکه ،باوربنمایدکه شمابه سادگی هدایت کردن به من

برای منافع خودتان هستید" Henry responded to the mercenary.

"
    شماآتش بس موقتتان بوسیله ترک کردن جزیره هایتان ،خودشکسته ایداگرازیامال ) متعلق به (

خواهد

بپردازید Hastur شمابایدقیمت راحالازیرجریمه

اگرشمامقاومت کنیدبیشترمن مهربان نخواهدبودم" Everest began to raise his voice, speaking harshly to the creature.

"من شماراباورنمی نمایم

چه نیروش شماتوسعه داده اید دیدن" Henry screeched.

At once, Everest sighed, and drew in a breath. The other mercenaries, seeing this, covered their ears. As soon as Everest began speaking, the party listened, even had they not wished too, they could not tear themselves away from the man's voice, now speaking in a male voice and in a translatable Necrotian.

"You have tried my patience for too many years now, artifacts of rage and suffering and decay! My people have long been freed from the terror of the past you represent! Do you think by taking an innocent you could protect yourself? I care not for these humans you have taken, and I would sacrifice them or any other one or few people to ensure the safety and future of this world! You call yourself Henry Topaz now? Well then, I shall use the name you have appropriated, and make it so that you may struggle! Henry Topaz, I, Niles Desdemona, Seventh Incarnate of the Empress Ceres of Archimede, command you to throw yourself into the Stygian Abyss, offering these treacherous items back to Yhoundeh and the Gods!"

Everest gave a quick gesture to his mercenaries, before pointing at Cindy, prompting Vinson, McKinley, Elbrus and Salado to all form a circle around her in defensive postures.

A loud screech came from Henry as the strange mass began to lurch off, first slowly, as it seemed to struggle, but eventually picking up speed and running toward Abaddon as if in a trance. Once the abomination disappeared, Everest turned to the humans. "I do apologize for the intrusion. I am Everest, Supreme Commander of D'onofrio."
    edited June 2011
    "Uhh..." Cindy raised her eyebrows questionably at the people surrounding. She got the point they were protecting her from Henry, but she didn't feel threatened by him since she had been chilling with him and Solandra earlier and neither tried to harm her. She of course didn't know anything about the artifacts and that they could try to attach to her.

Lundy simply didn't care anymore. He remained completely unfazed throughout Damien's gruesome torturing of Jack and violent beat down of Lilith. He silently watched Henry run off into the distance, knowing it would be the last time he would see the abomination. Lundy answered Everest, "I'm Lundy Rivers. A human. Most of us are." He looked over his shoulder to see if he could still see Henry. "...You must have gotten us out of there. Thanks. We've been to D'onofrio before. We met some of you." Lundy nodded to McKinley and Vinson before turning back to Everest. "What are you guys doing way out here?"
    edited June 2011
    "Ah, so you're those recruits K2 mentioned." Everest began. "Well, we're probably down here for the same reason you are. Kill Miguel Lamara. We can't tell you who hired us, but I will advise you to stay out of our way. Jacqueline McRae, finish up your business dealings."

McKinley, who had returned to observing Jack's body, put a frown on her face as her real name was given out. She nodded to her fellow mercenaries as they gathered.

Desoto glared at the man, understanding that they were competition against the ultimate goal he had in mind, freedom from Vulcan.

"Well, I suppose we'll be on our way." Everest spoke with a smile as he and the mercenaries began walking off in the direction Henry had headed.

Desoto looked increasingly desperate and infuriated, his face contorted into a madness as he went over and shook Rena "Wake up, Rena! I need to know what their plans are! Tell me, Rena! Jacqueline McCrae! McKinley! Read her mind and find out, dammit!"
    edited June 2011
    Ramona sat quietly away from everyone. For the most part, she wished she had been left unconscious. He was terrified to see the group completely broken like this. Most of all, she did not want to be targeted by any of them.

As Desoto lost it, George started to walk away. He wanted to say goodbye, but he figured no one gave a damn. Everyone was so caught up in their own drama that they barely resembled themselves. George turned and gave a final, sad look at Desoto. He felt for the man, but Desoto wasn't really himself anymore. George could care less about the others. He did not see the point in being tied in with these people, whom he could barely tolerate. While no one was paying attention, George left. He decided to make his way to see Lord Ashcroft.
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    As one of the less-injured, Judy was a lesser priority to Daniel's healing. She was only woken as the mercenaries began leaving. ". . . Who?" Her attention was pulled to the foreground, with Damien and his bloodied coat. She was appalled, but it was clear that the fighting was over, so she left it unexplained. Unsure of how the fighting had effected anyone else, she looked around the rest of group. The faerie saw George leaving, but she assumed he was doing the same thing as whatever Clyde was. She saw Jack's body at some distance, but did not recognize him. Tallying up their numbers, Judy finally realized they were missing at least one person. " . . . Nick . . . Where's Nick?" Dread filled her as she was met by a general silence. She strained her face in a grimace, dropping her polite faerie speech. "What the hell happened to Nick!?!"
    edited June 2011
    "He's dead!" Desoto screamed. Realizing that Rena wouldn't wake up, Desoto let go of the girl, allowing her to fall back to the ground. "He was killed back there in that hellhole! We all would've been if those mercenaries didn't show up! Now Nick and Jack are dead! Damien's f***ing high on goddamn morphine! Rena's passed out and is being a psycho *****!" He stood up and moved around. "D'onofrio's gone on ahead to try and take out Miguel." He said with a sigh. "George and Clyde are missing...So right now it's just you, me, Ramona, Daniel, Lundy, and Cindy."

Tears filled up Desoto's eyes as he realized the situation they were in. "I'm headed back to Gehenna.." he muttered as he moved over to his Crawler. "I'll be back in a bit, just grabbing some camping supplies.."

Surely enough, Desoto returned within the hour with tents and various other supplies as the sun began to set. Desoto helped make camp and started a fire to cook dinner, which he had also brought back along with him. Desoto turned to the ones around him who were awake. "I think we should maybe split up after this.. We've lost three of us today, and I'm counting Rena as incapacitated... My plans have changed a bit... If we tried taking on all of Miguel's group, we'd die before we ever reach him... So right now, I just want to get to Abaddon, try to convince Karen to leave them, and then take Miguel on... I was hoping that the mercenaries would be clearing out the rest of his party, but without Rena there's no way we could find out except to go there."

Desoto sighed as he looked at the others. "So, thoughts?"
    edited June 2011
    Ramona spoke up, "Maybe we can recruit some new allies? How about Nuremberg and Carmina? I doubt they've made it too far from Gehanna..." She paused and added, "Didn't you mention that lady you met at the tournament? Hildagarde? Maybe we should try contacting her as well. I bet we can come up with something. Miguel has got to have more enemies than supporters."
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Here's a thought...," Damien muttered, having finally sobered up from his morphine injection. "How about we stop playing fu**ing hero, and let the people who are used to this sort of thing deal with it?" Naturally the drow expected some sort of retort for this suggestion but with George gone there weren't many people left to keep him in line. "No matter what any of you say it doesn't make a difference who kills Miguel. If we kill him then there will be just as many Necrotians out to kill us as always, maybe more since they were liberated by 'disgusting humans.' Your little plan to split up is also terrible by the way," the good doctor yawned as he spoke, scotching closer to the fire. "As much as I hate every single one of you....you're probably the only people on this planet not planning to kill me...," the drow fell against the ground, exhausted. "Fu**ing morphine....."
    que?
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Several feet away, a man was nearing the area of the party. However, its better to say he was limping. Or, maybe even better to say he was staggering. In fact, the Jackanape seemed to have 'walked' the entire way. The Jackanape, referred to as Terry, was on his last leg.

"I should remember never ever to get on boss-lady's bad side again...”, thought the man. He then came to a sudden stop, he could make people out across the way. "Yahoo! I am sure this is them! But, I should enter stealthily... just in case." He then took a creeping pace, while advancing. He even opted to crouch and steadied his top hat and manufactured ears. Edging ever closer, he began to see the party. In fact, the situation felt amazingly tense.

He began to note whether or not they met the descriptions that Carmina gave him, hiding behind any cover he could. "A harppy, Drow, a regular human woman, just what I was looking for! Now, all I have to do is ju-", his body froze. The horrors of the day were finally catching up to him." Of all the days to skip lunch... and dinner... and breakfast... Guess my stamina only goes so far. Well so much for a grand entrance." The Jackanape chuckled.

Terry began to dust himself off, straighten his hat, and reached into his coat pockets for a white handkerchief. He then slowly rose from his hiding place, raised his hands, holding his white flag and advanced to the campsite. “Pleasure to meet you all. I am here at the behest of Carmina Orff and Lohengrin. Might you all spare a -” he didn't finish. Instead of introducing himself to the party, he introduced his face to the ground beneath him. Firmly.
    edited June 2011
    Desoto gave a short glare to Damien. "I'd like to, Damien. Really, I would... Maybe you're right, maybe us doing the job wouldn't let us escape Vulcan.. they probably know about this plan now anyways. While I did consider that a partial benefit, there was something else I wanted.. Hildegarde mentioned some things while I worked alongside her. There is a way to go back to Earth, to open the Light-bridge again. It requires a simultaneous spell to be cast at five different locations in Necros simultaneously. One of those locations is in Abaddon.. While I know D'onofrio doesn't care if the Light-bridge is destroyed... as you can imagine, it might be something I want. Miguel will probably try to destroy Abaddon if he feels that he's being taken down. No Abaddon means no spot to cast the spell at. I don't even need us to personally kill him for that, but I do need to protect Abaddon. The best way to do that is to kill Miguel ourselves, since he won't blow the place up while we're on it.. Just trust me there, I know him well enough... he won't.." Desoto sighed.

Noting the new arrival, the harpy looked with interest. "....oh, so you're the one Carmina mentioned..." Desoto looked on as the man fell, judging him incompetent. "Well... sit down and eat I guess... Don't think Miguel would take someone so.... likely to fall on their face..."
    edited June 2011
    Lundy frowned at Terry. 'Yay. Another Jackanape.' The Isra shot a jet of water at him to wake him back up. "I'm Lundy, that's Desoto, that's Damien, that's Judy, that's Ramona, that's Daniel, that's Cindy, and the unconscious girl is Rena." Lundy quickly and unenthusiastically introduced everyone. "Ramona, maybe you're right. Maybe we should try to recruit some new people. Maybe even this guy right here." He said pointing to Terry. "What are you doing out here? You trying to kill Miguel too?"

Cindy moved closer to the fire. "I'm sorry, so like what exactly are we going to do?"
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Desoto," Judy said, ignoring Terry's arrival. At this point, she was no longer willing to meet any new, interesting people. "We must continue with the plan. If we fail, death would be a release. Even if we were to survive Miguel, we would still be forced to contend with those metal lunatics we met in Gehenna, and perhaps face the wrath of the Paledonians. Were we to survive all of them, Vulcan would grind us to the bone with further missions. Were we to somehow magically survive all of that, come out unscathed, then ride off into the sunset on your rainbow bridge, by that point Earth . . ." Judy paused, her visions of Earth from Dudley at the front of her mind. She swallowed and continued. ". . . the Earth we knew would be beyond recovery. We need to end this, soon, one way or another."
    edited June 2011
    Clyde returned a few minutes later but he made sure no one noticed him. He silently wrote a note addressed to everyone. After he finished writing, Clyde left the note pierced by his dagger. It was stuck on the ground so someone may see it. He also left his satchel with all the flasks containing chemicals so they could make use of them.

This is what the note said:

During the short time I traveled with you, I barely did anything useful to the group. I felt more like a liability than an ally. I've decided to go my separate way and get stronger. I have been thinking about doing this for quite a while now. I don't know how or when we will meet again, but I'm sure we'll cross paths once more. Goodbye. For now.

"First, I need more potent chemicals. I guess the best way to do that is to splice into an Incubus. And I also need new types of chemicals. Second, A new weapon. I'm getting tired of carrying this heavy spear around. I'll take this with me for now but once I find a new weapon, I guess I'll sell it or something. Now, where do I go?" Clyde said as he walked in the direction to the nearest city.
    edited June 2011
    Desoto looked at Judy. "There is one thing I've been hiding.. For the duration of our time here in Necros, I've been occasionally hearing a voice talking in my head. It's shown up several times whenever we're in trouble. While I was with Vulcan and researching Vera, I found a few voice recordings which had other people in them. Specifically Creviston Dharma, the different heads of Research and Development at Nod, and the Dream King himself. The voice in my head perfectly matches the Dream King. I'm not positive yet, but I'm beginning to think the Dream King has taken interest in us and could protect us or even allow us into Nod. If Vulcan or anyone else follows us after we kill Miguel, then I plan to seek refuge there." Desoto turned to Terry. "To catch you up, we're trying to kill the president of Sheol.. we were originally trying to keep it secret from Vulcan, for fear that they'd try to sabotage us somehow.. but the cat's been out of the bag for at least the past day... We've lost a lot of members and-" Desoto stopped and found the note Clyde had left. "...as I was saying.. we've lost a lot of members of our party.. Right now, I just want to get some sleep.. Tomorrow I'm gonna try heading to Gehenna.. find Hildegarde, see if George wants to come back now that we've calmed down some..."

With that, Desoto fell asleep, and the night passed.
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    After his blackout, Terry regained his composure and tried, in vain to remove some of the dirt from his clothes.. He wiped away small traces of blood from his nose, and surveyed the campsite. Looked over to Lundy from yesterday. He decided to poke at him to get his attention.

"Hey there, hope you didn't think me rude from the other day." Terry said with a smile. "I was dog-tired and, you could say, that the night just seemed to get away from me." Terry chuckled. "At any rate, I should answer your question. Why I am here? I am simply following the orders of my superior. You see, I kinda got on boss-lady's bad side, by which I mean Ms. Orff." he said, giving a pained smile scratching the back of his head. "I got separated from boss-lady and he-who-wields-children during the tussle you and your group stumbled in on. And, lets just say she was not amused by absence, accidental as it may be... So, she assigned me to be follow after the lot of ya' and provide whatever assistance I can, to avoid punishment." Terry laughed nervously. "This however didn't stop her from stipulating that I can only pursue you all on foot." Terry said looking down at the ground sadly, but quickly perked up.

"As far as your falling out with Miguel, I rather despise the sate of Sheol right now. I can't even hop to a pub 'round here less I be shot, stabbed, or hit with a brick!" He exclaimed. "Not to mention this greatly hinders my goals, and its caught Lohengrin attention." Terry scratched at his newly growing beard. "So, that's about it for me, at least for now."

"Oh, less I forget." Terry hopped back and pulled his hat down to his chest. "Terrance Donoghue at your service, thought Terry is just fine." he followed up with a small bow. "I would to love hear more about you and your crew here." Terry said plopping down, sitting with baited interest.
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Not a good time, Terry," said Daniel as he did some quick healing on Rena before reviving her. "Hold still," he told her as he cast "Rev" on Rena. "How do you feel?"
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited June 2011
    Lilith groaned, "Horrible, thanks for asking. Now where's that b****** that did it to me? Can I kill him?"