If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld

Comments

• BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Damien groaned as he woke up, clutching his head tightly. "My fu**ing head...," the drow growled as he rose to his feet, catching the last bits of Terry's conversation with Lundy. The former Lohengrin member sighed in annoyance as he made his way over to their new jackanape. "Why the fu** does Carmina care what we're doing. She certainly hasn't lifted a finger in assistance to us since that fu**ing bullsh** tournament so why start now!? And this better not be some bullsh** 'you saved my life so I owe you now' or so help me I'll march right back there and finish the job that mob started."
    que?
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Noting the Drow's awakening and advance, Terry just smiled. "Oho, your definitely the Drow boss-lady mentioned. Aside from what I just said, I don't have much insight into her head, just that this is probably a way to test my metal and toughen my skin. I just imagine this is how she shows her love, for her associates." Terry looked off with a snide smile on his face.

Terry then drew his attention to the girl's stirring "Rise and shine, little miss. Name's Terry." he exclaimed with a wave.
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Don't worry about it, dude." Lundy responded to Terry. "But I'm with Daniel. We'll tell stories later." He offered a faint smile. Of course Damien started complaining. 'God, Damien. Do you ever stop b****ing?' Lundy sighed in unison with Cindy both thinking similar things. Immediately a look awkwardness and horror spread across Lundy's face, finding the coincidence weird and hoping to never relate to her again.

"Oh...Terry was it? Whatever. Like I wouldn't talk to her if I were you. She's like not been herself lately." Cindy commented, studying her nails. She stopped and rummaged through Clyde's bag, picking out and examining the serums. "Okay, seriously. It's nice that kid left these, but like how the f*** are we supposed to know what does what?! None of these are marked!" She put the flasks away. "And this bag's pretty lame. Not really my taste."

Lundy shot Cindy an annoyed look. He quickly turned his attention to Lilith, "You're still not yourself, Rena?"
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Trust me, some of us would like to." Desoto said as Lilith awoke, answering the girls inquiry about Damien. "But it won't do anything, he can just come back. Well, it seems that Rena isn't here..Lilith, was it? I assume since Rev didn't work this issue's a lot more deep-seated...great..." Desoto turned to the others. "I'm headed to Gehenna to try and locate Hildegarde and find George, I'll be back by tonight. If anyone wants to go with me, come on. If not, try to keep our new friends company.." he indicated to Terry and Rena before boarding his crawler and heading for the city.
    edited June 2011
    "Oh f*** this place. I'm so going with you." Cindy immediately jumped up before anyone else could say anything, swinging Clyde' bag over her shoulder.
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    When Terry spoke to her Lilith simply said, "F*** off rabbit man, last one like you around here is lying over there cut into pieces by the b****** that beat the s*** out of me." When Lundy spoke to her she cackled, "You're funny. Of course I'm myself, I'm just not the little b**** Rena you want." She was cut off from saying just exactly how Lundy might want her when Desoto finally answered her original question disappointing her greatly. "Fine fine, I won't try anything for now. I'm not stupid. I've got no idea what's going on here and ya'll could kick my a** anyway." She grabbed a piece of wood left from the fire and began to violently whittle it, set on turning it into a toothpick.
    edited June 2011
    As Desoto and Cindy drove away, the Harpy spoke to the cheerleader as they drove "So, being a human saved you back there with Henry. Now that he's gone, you should maybe think about splicing.."
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Clyde arrived at a small town. He looked around to find a place where he could eat something before continuing his journey. Clyde eventually found a bar, after wandering around for what seemed like hours. After his meal, Clyde went to the harbor to see if there's a boat going to Doppelekereft. It was there that he was able to find someone who does splicing. Though, he's not too sure if he could find him again.
    "I hope I'm lucky enough to find someone else." Clyde sighed.
    edited June 2011
    Cindy frowned, "First off, I don't know how. Second, I don't even know what all I could like, splice." The cheerleader groaned in discontent. 'I am SO TIRED of you thinking you can go around and have others protect you. You should be embarrassed having a kid babysitting you'. Rena's words called out in her head. Truth was Cindy was embarrassed about being dead weight, not that she cared or anything about these people, but she'd like to be able to hold her own. It was in her nature to be competitive anyways. Rena was right though. The little girl with the knives had scared her even if she didn't admit it. 'Ugh, I guess I owe it to these guys that I splice or whatever.' Nonchalantly she continued, "But like I will once you let me know how it's done."

Lundy eyed Lilith curiously. He decided further talking to her was probably a bad idea. Feeling like crap, he walked over to Damien. "Don't punch me, but could I have one of those shots you took? Or even a cigarette? I'll buy you a pack next town we go to..." He asked in an indifferent manner. 'Wait. Or I'll just buy my own.' The thought hadn't crossed his mind until now.
    edited June 2011
    "Good to hear.. guess we're going to have to figure out what to do for finances...." Desoto muttered to himself as the two arrived in Gehenna. Eventually, Desoto worked his way to an apartment building that had not been destroyed. Upon wandering up to a particular room, Desoto found the door open with Hildegarde lying at her desk inside. The harpy approached the woman who was keeled over at her desk to find that she made no motion of response to his presence. Worried, Desoto tapped her. No response. He then shook her and called her name, finding that she was completely unresponsive. There was a small message on the table. Desoto read it.

'To whom it may concern, please remove this product, Hildegarde Delfina, from her residence. It has come to our attention that she has lived out her function and come to betray us. She has fraternized with enemies of my company and debtors and has sought research out to undermine my company. -Creviston Dharma.'

Desoto was very distraught, but found that he was significantly less bothered. Hildegarde's body was there. He was surprised to find out that she was a droid to begin with. Desoto was disappointed that he had lost a potential party member, and silently returned to the Crawler, heading towards Ashcroft Manor to find George.

"-EEEEEEEEEEEEESTING!!!!!" A voice rang through the heads of the party who remained at the campsite. The voice was that of a familiar Naiad. "Everyone listening!?!?!" The voice screeched throughout the heads of everyone at the camp but Terry. "I've uploaded some new software into the bugs in your head.:hello: Now if you all stay together in a group, I can talk to you from inside of your heads. I've got some bad news for you all...:sleepy: BUT!!! I've come to give you some help. Some ideas I think you'd like!" The Naiad giggled.
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Clyde boarded a ship going to Doppelekereft using the last of his money. "Maye I should have asked for money from Desoto before going. But, we aren't very close so I'm sure he won't just give me money. I really need to learn to think things through. Now, how am I supposed to earn money? I'm a kid for crying out loud!" Clyde said, repeatedly slapping his face as he realized he's screwed.
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "......." Damien was speechless when the naiad's voice echoed throughout his head the first time. "She's not here....I'm just going crazy....she's not here, she's not here, she's no-" Nope. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**!!!" the drow screamed, as always, giving everyone who be on the word exactly .25 points as he did. "Why!? Why of all the idiotic bimbos on this planet did we have to get the one, the only fu**ing one, this hell bent on making our lives more fu**ing miserable!?" Damien fell to his knees in absolute distraught. "Karma you evil bit**!!!"
    que?
    edited June 2011
    "Quit your bitching, Drow." Emilie commanded in an uncharacteristically serious tone. "I'm heere to offeeeerrr you all addeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeall." She squeaked in their heads.

"I've been listening in and I know about your plan now to take out Miguel. Gotta say, I'm interested. So here's what I'm willing to do. I'm willing to destroy the document containing transcripts of you talking about that plan. I'm even willing to go out of my way to make sure Vulcan doesn't intervene in your little victory. I'll let you take a break for at least a year. In exchange for my silence, I want you all to go on one more Vulcan mission. Not immediately after this. Like I said, I'll give you all a year of freedom at the least. Then we'll go on one more mission, it won't be something for me, but something for Vulcan as usual." She squeaked some as she spoke. "That's what I'll do, if you agree to this deal with me... if you disagree, and go on to either kill Miguel without accepting... or you just try to leave now.. then we here at Vulcan will find you.. and keep the missions coming... oh, and I heard what you said about death being a release Judy."

"There's a special treatment we use for our Enforcers who try to commit suicide, Judy. We use it on those who have attempted suicide, deserters, and those we think may harm themselves. It's called.... PIXYDUST!!!" Emilie said with a flourish... on the other end.

"What Pixydust is, is this: we have a large set of pixies bred here at Vulcan whose job it is specifically to do this.. what they do is shrink down to the size of dust, and swarm into your body.. if you ever try to do anything to kill yourself, they'll stop you.. from inside of you. They can break your bones and cause you immense pain, but they'll keep you alive. If you don't want my deal, and you don't agree to go along with Vulcan willingly, I'm sure the pixies will be happy to work alongside you.... So what do you say?" The Naiad added with a giggle.
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    At the sound of Emilie's obnoxious voice, Judy was about to follow Damien's example. However, the sudden shift in tone of voice, disturbing in its rarity, stopped the faerie from screaming an obscenity. Emilie's bargain sounded reasonable, chilling Judy to the bone. "Have I gone mad?" It was only once the naiad mentioned her by name and quoted her that she completely froze, though.

Emilie's flourish did little to mitigate her description of the gruesome torture she had waiting. Judy had thought she felt resigned before, but now she knew it. "What can we say, that won't leave us mutilated?"
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Ramona had learned in her time with Emilie to not become immediately angry upon hearing that annoying voice. "Reasonable proposition," the genius remarked on Emilie's deal. Upon hearing the possible torture, even Ramona batted an eye. "What? ...Is that really standard procedure...?"
    edited June 2011
    Though originally put of by the tortured and lifeless body the girl mention, Terry found himself even more nervous of the party's intense silence, especially from the highly volatile Drow. After hearing Judy's troubling remark, he soon knew that something very awful was coming soon."Why do I suddenly have the feeling that I will need a change of 'pants' soon?" Terry uttered silently.
    edited June 2011
    "...um like sorry about your friend," was all Cindy said as they left. She didn't know the whole situation with Hildegarde but she could tell the Harpy was upset. "This place is so much more...like rough...than Earth," The cheerleader commented more to herself than Desoto. She flipped her hair back. "So you wanna go get Georgie boy back now?"

"Great. We can't even kill ourselves." Lundy said flatly. He sat down next to Ramona and Terry and buried his face in his hands. He could smell Jack's mutilated carcass and suddenly felt like leaving for a bit. "I'm gonna go for a walk. You two wanna come?" He asked the Dryad and the Jackanape, probably the two most pleasant people to be around at the moment. He started getting to his feet before either of them answered and walked off, assuming if they wanted to join him they would.
    edited June 2011
    "Sure," Ramona remarked. She joined Lundy on the walk. "Poor kid..." she thought to herself, ignoring the blatant fact that he was older than her. "He's always been with Rena. He must be hurting the most from losing her to insanity. I need to try and be friendly. He needs a friend his age." She put on a fake smile, a trick she had learned while staying with Emilie. Once they were a bit away from everyone, Ramona made an attempt at light conversation. "So, Lundy, where are you from, again? It's been so long since our introductions and so much has happened. I'm from NYC; I can't recall if I ever told you that."
    edited June 2011
    It was a nice surprise Ramona had joined him since he wasn't sure if either of them would, "I'm um from a nowhere town in Alaska called Nome. Ever heard of it? It's small and cold most the time. They do this sled dog race that starts there every year...I always wanted to be in it, it seemed so cool...I would have my dogs pull me around like I was a real musher. I guess that probably sounds stupid but that was really the only exciting thing that ever happened there." He felt like he was talking too much so he looked over his shoulder to see if Terry was coming. "So New York City? I always wanted to live there or any big city really. What was it like? Is it like it is in the movies? I guess you haven't really told me much about your life."
    edited June 2011
    Terry was at first too out of it to notice Lundy's invitation. Seeing Lundy so distraught reminded him of several sadder moments of his past. However once he and Romona set off, Terry quickly sprung up after. "Hey, wait for me!" he exclaimed waving after them catching up "I really want to cheer up this kid. The kids here have it hard enough. Maybe these light conversations may pep it up 'round here." Terry thought.

As Terry caught up, he caught their conversations about their hometowns and the like. Though Terry loved telling people about himself, he was far more interested in hearing them talk. "Alaska, eh? How brilliant! The snow, the dogs, the hot cocoa! I wouldn't mind seeing the place. Aren't the mosquito's big as birds there? Say, ever get into a knife fight with a polar bear?" Terry said, happily speaking a mile a minute. Looking over to Ramona, Terry asked, "Ah, the big city, reminds me of the time I spent in Cardiff. How's the nightlife 'round there? Any idea what shows that were on Broadway?"
    edited June 2011
    "I rarely had time to go to Broadway. I was a highly influential aide in the mayor's office," she stated casually. She quickly remembered how odd that sounded to most people. "Err, yeah, I was already working on my career at the time. NYC is my home, but I know it can be a bit of a nasty place at times, especially at night. I know I seem robotic at times and very, very quiet, but I honestly just wanted to rise to power and change the system. I still do not have the answers, but I had the time to find them. I guess even someone like me is idealistic at this age, regardless of how cynical I like to come off as. Also, you," she said, addressing Terry, whose name she had yet to learn, "Of course Lundy fought a polar bear while dodging bird-sized insects; what else could there possibly be in the arctic?" She laced her last line with a peppering of sarcasm. She was no expert on Alaska, but she assumed polar bears were rare in civilized areas and that mosquitoes did not live there.
    edited June 2011
    Lundy couldn't help but laugh at Ramona's sarcasm. "No, Terry. I never had the chance to take on a polar bear, they're pretty rare in Alaska. No abnormally big mosquitoes flying around either, thankfully...where are you from by the way?" He shook his head at Ramona, "I knew you were smart but I didn't realize how smart you really were. Working in the government so early, did you even get a chance to grow up?"
    edited June 2011
    "My mom always joked and said I was born an adult," Ramona said flatly.
    edited June 2011
    Elsewhere, Desoto and Cindy approached the Ashcroft mansion, and, after using the elevator, made it to the top. Desoto approached the gates of the mansion and was stopped by a loudspeaker emitting Lord Ashcroft's voice.

"What business do you have here?" The voice questioned more harshly than Ashcroft's normal tone. Even he had been put on edge by the recent events in Gehenna and throughout Sheol.

"Is this where George Ashcroft is?" Desoto asked into the speaker.

There was silence on the other end. "Here, George. It's some harpy and a girl." the Vampire lord stated as he put George on the speaker.
    edited June 2011
    George took the speaker. "...Oh, hey," he said flatly. He wasn't expecting to see Desoto so soon. "Everybody cooled down a bit?"
    edited June 2011
    "It would seem so..." Desoto quietly stated to George. "I lost it back there too.. I came back to see if you wanted to continue with us to kill that bastard in Abaddon. I'll understand if you refuse, and after this, I won't ever come knocking down your door for something I want done. But right now, we could really use you." Desoto was unused to making amends, and so his speech sounded somewhat stilted to him, but earnest, nonetheless.
    edited June 2011
    George remained silent for a bit. Finally, Desoto got his answer, "I'll come with you this last time. After Miguel's dead, I'm leaving. I don't mean anything bad against you, but the others are f***ing assholes I'd rather not be around any longer. Especially now that we can't kill Damien. Rena better?"
    edited June 2011
    Terry found himself chuckling at Ramona's sarcasm and Lundy's improved expression. "This girl may be more fun then I thought. Good to see she is trying to cheer up the Lundy as well..." Terry mused. After Lundy's question, Terry took a small pause to collect his thoughts.

"As far to where I hail from, I bounced around all of the UK and Europe during early childhood. Then I lived in Cardiff, outside of London for quite sometime. Beautiful place, it is." Terry said, casually strolling wit his hands behind his head and eyes closed. "Yeah, its best for me to keep the heavy stuff under my hat for now..." the Jackanape thought. "And even then, it still pales in compassion to the Glasgow, where I went to school." said the Jackanape beaming with his nostalgic thoughts.

Terry then turned his attention to the Dryad. "My my, aren't we ambitious... and witty too!" Terry exclaimed with a grin. "My apologies if I missed you during my introduction to your party and its campground. Name's Terry." said the Jackanape while lifting his hat in greeting.
    edited June 2011
    "Mmmm.." Desoto gave a noise signalling his own distaste for that answer. "She's not back to normal, but she's calmed down and isn't being a complete pissant now. Mainly because I told her there'd be bodily harm if she went on being a little prick."

Lord Ashcroft snapped, causing a small servant to appear besides himself and George. "If you're going to go.." He began telling his familiar "Then I'll grant you one splice operation. The races I've got are Demon, Drow, Banshee, and Naga."

"So it's settled.." Emilie called out to the other group as Judy submitted. "I'll run the paperwork and get things done.. SeE yOu ArOuNd!!!"
    edited June 2011
    George smirked at the thought of a splicing. "Hmmm... I know it's kind of random what I'll get, but I think demon's the best choice. Plus Damien'd be a little b**** if I copied him. ...Be nice to get speed; want to try and do Nick some justice. Thanks for this, Lord Ashcroft. It'll take a while to clean up all of Miguel's bulls***, but we might as well make a start before Shoel is sent spirally for too long. I'll try to get the kill so at least a Shoelian citizen finished the deed and not some Luminian or Dopelekereftian."