If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Netherworld

Comments

• envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Demon it is." The servant said as he injected the fluid into George's spine. After the inevitable transformation, George would find his skin to be an oddly pale shade. While his skin was already pale to begin with, it took on a more gray tone, denoting his new demonic race.

"Unfortunately, we don't have the tech to tell what your new ability is at the moment." The servant continued as George came around "But it should be fairly obvious to you, like a voice whispering to you."
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Cindy sighed, though with a slight smile on her face. "Okay boys, let's go kill this Miguel."

"Doesn't sound like you found the joke too funny." Lundy smiled at Ramona. Terry definitely had an interesting life as well. "That sounds so cool, Terry. You must miss it." The Isra stopped and looked around the barren, magma encrusted landscape. The smell of brimstone drifted through the air. "It's funny how we're all so different. Coming from different places and different lives but some how all ending up here right now. I wonder what the chances of that is like." He gave his two comrades a look that seemed to say 'thanks'. "We should probably head back now." He motioned for them to follow him back to camp.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "Ah, interesting... Well, not hearing anything at the moment. Guess it'll come soon or later. Thanks, milord. I'll be back soon to help with the clean up of Gehanna. I'll do my best to represent the clan." George bid his lord farewell and departed with Desoto and Cindy.
    edited July 2011
    "All right..." Desoto began. "Let's get this done."

The three departed and rejoined the party.

"Got George back.." Desoto said, trying to smile, despite being upset about Hildegarde's abrupt death. "If we leave now, we can make it to Abaddon by tomorrow night. Anyone ready for a night of fighting?"
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Judy shrugged, indifferent to George. "We don't have much choice. Emilie phoned in, and she wants us to follow through with Miguel. It's either that or 'pixydust' for all of us." She gave a weak jazz hand to emphasize the name of the torture. "Pixydust is bad by the way, you don't need details. Point is, we've got nothing better to do."
    edited July 2011
    "Let's get this over with then," George said unenthusiastically. "...And I'll trust ya about that f**gy sounding torture method is legit."

"...You might like it, George. You are a pervert..." Ramona remarked straight faced.

"Hey, I've been good for a while now, so shut the **** up!"
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "My my, isn't this group a cheerful one..." thought Terry. "Well, helping them get rid of this Miguel guy can only stand to both make this world more tolerable and eventually may lead me to my dreams!" the Jackanape chuckled. He then began to hop up and down, riling himself up. "YAAAAHHHOOOOO! Let's get this show one the road!" He bellowed, then erupted into hearty laughter with his hands on his hips and his head to the heavens.
    edited July 2011
    "...duly noted." Desoto stated to Judy, wondering why Emilie had decided to endorse their mission. The Harpy was slightly concerned on whether she could be trusted or not, but he eventually resolved himself by realizing that it didn't matter apparently. If he didn't go through with it, they would all be tortured from the sound of it.

As Terry burst into laughter, Desoto gave the Jackanape a wide-eyed stare, somewhat concerned that the man was insane. "...yes, well..let's be on our way then.."

After packing up camp, the party boarded the Crawlers and proceeded toward Abaddon. After traveling the rest of that day, the night, and the entirety of the following day, sleeping ins shifts on the way, the party arrived at the giant crater that housed Abaddon. Several loud explosions could be heard coming from the floating city. "Sounds like the mercs have beaten us here... Let's hope they haven't taken Miguel out already..." Desoto ran down the bridge into the city to find that it, like Gehenna, was largely abandoned of people, the difference being that while Gehenna's people had simply relocated to the cities edges, many of Abaddon's citizens lay silent on the streets, not all dead, but unconscious and mangled many of them. Among the bodies, Desoto spotted Alex Marone, the Lycanthrope companion of Miguel's.

"Looks like they are after his team then..." Desoto muttered, he then turned to face Ramona, and spoke very quickly. "Ramona, I want you to go try to find Karen, the Mermaid who was with Miguel. Try and get her to come along with us."
    edited July 2011
    "Sure. Can I acquiesces Rena--I mean Lilith? She should be able to locate Karen." Ramona then paused and added, "I'd also like to bring along Lundy and Terry... They seem the nicest, and I don't know if I can handle Lilith alone."

"That's nice and all, but then how'll we find Miguel, dumbass?" George butted in.

"...It could be the apocalypse and I doubt someone like Miguel would flinch... I bet he's in his presidential palace, enjoying the view. I don't think Re-Lilith will be needed to find him."
    edited July 2011
    "Yeah sure thing. We'll help you, Ramona." Lundy answered for both him and Terry. He gazed around at the bodies sprawled painfully about. "...We better hurry. Rens- er Lilith, let's go."

Cindy frowned, "Um, like what about the splicing thing. I like still need to do that or whatever." 'I so do NOT want to end up like those people,' She thought to herself about the various injured/dead people laying around.
    edited July 2011
    "I don't think we're likely to find a splicing artisan right now, Cindy. In order to get Cyrano to show up, we need a tree, which Sheol doesn't have." Desoto answered the girl as he stepped over bodies. "Let's go, then." The Harpy kept his hand on his guns as he began to walk off at a brisk pace toward the center of the floating rock, where the Capitol Building, a large black structure made in an architectural style resembling the Kaaba at Mecca, stood.

After rushing through the maze of a city for about thirty minutes, Desoto came to the presidential building. He figured now would be a good time to see if the others had come with him.
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Daniel was the first to catch up to Desoto. "I wasn't expecting to find this many people in Abaddon, after what we saw in Gehenna," he said with a grim look on his face. "This is just horrible. We'd better hurry so we can put an end to this insanity." He paused a moment to see who else was coming.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited July 2011
    George had kept up, despite being weighed down by his armor. "OK, this is it, right?" he asked, looking forward at the presidential palace.

Meanwhile, Ramona ordered Lilith, "Locate Karen, now. We need to find her before the mercenaries."
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Judy didn't join the conversation for a few moments, as she was still catching up. ". . . Hope . . . so." Despite her time in Necros, she was still not used to running around.
    edited July 2011
    Desoto turned tot he others and nodded. He carefully crossed the street to the Capitol building slowly. The surroundings were oddly silent as he approached and saw that the fence was blasted open, and Desoto looked toward the building to see a hole blasted through it. "..crap.." Desoto sighed as he charged in, hoping that the mercenaries had not already done their job. As Desoto charged through the building, he found neither hide nor hair of the Elemental President. "Crap!" Desoto shouted as the others entered. "He's gone.."
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "Quiet Desoto...," Damien muttered as he carefully looked around the room. "If the bastard knows we're here he could be hiding in the electrical system." The drow put his back to the others in the group, taking in everything about the room that he could. "Keep an eye on any power outlet. Lights, lamps, televisions, anything."
    que?
    edited July 2011
    "The electrical system?" Cindy repeated quietly with a tinge of worry. She reached into Clyde's bag and took out a flask containing what she thought was acid or some harmful substance. She bit her lip and raised her arm ready to throw at any unseen threat.

Lundy kept watch around Ramona and Rena with his ax in hand. "Come on Lilith, did you find her yet?"
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Terry was uncharacteristically quiet, for once. He was attempting to use his improved hearing to gauge the carnage around the area, and attempt to see how far the others have gotten. "Give the little miss some quiet, I am sure she could concentrate better if she got some focus. Its quite a battle out here." reasoned the Jackanape. Terry then took the time check his hidden weapons, and the numerous inner pockets of his coat for his various other items for battle. "I will keep with my hidden daggers for now..." he thought.
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited July 2011
    While the others may have thought that Lilith was trying to focus on Karen, she was actually trying to keep her temper in check. When Terry finally told them to give her some quiet it calmed her down slightly. She turned to Ramona and snapped, "Look b****, don't think you can just order me around; I take requests and begging. And you," She turned to Lundy, "How the f*** do you think I'd have found her if I can't remember which damn person this Karen is? I'm not your precious Rena, all I have from that b**** is memories she didn't f***ing want to keep and some fragments from others." By this point she become agitated again and had to focus on not following through with the urge to attempt to slit their throats. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath reminding herself that they outnumbered her at the moment. After a moment she opened her eyes, "Look, you want me to find this Karen chick? Try asking nicely, tell me who the hell she is, and I'll see if I can pull up a memory of her to go off of. Can't find people without knowing what they f***ing look like after all."
    edited July 2011
    "Ramona, didn't mean to order you. We're a bit on edge since there's a bunch of dying people lying around and it's pretty much a race to kill Miguel now. Sorry, Lilith. We need you to find her, please." Lundy remained calm and spoke in an apologetic tone. He thought back to the tournament, vaguely recalling details of the woman. "Karen...she was a mermaid. You fought alongside her in the tournament against Damien and Carmina...in a swamp I think. And you two won. You and Karen beat Damien and Carmina. Does that help at all? I don't remember what she looks like...Ramona?" He shrugged and looked at the girl for help.
    edited July 2011
    "No, I do not recall what she looked like," Ramona remarked.
    edited July 2011
    As Desoto's sector of the party waited in the capitol building, a television turned on. White noise first appeared on it, followed by the image of Miguel on the screen. The man looked haggard by this point, his hair dead and some of it falling out in clumps, his eyes scarred and obviously blind by now. His teeth had begun to decay and his face was scarred. "That you Desoto!?" Miguel called out over the TV. Suddenly, a series of sparks emitted from one of the outlets in the room. "Hehahaheahhahaehaha" Miguel began to laugh. "Good to see you again, man.." He gave an earnest smile from the TV. "There've been some annoying guys going around blowing s*** up.. keeps me awake at night.." Miguel held his head and laughed. "I wanted to live a good life, Desoto. I wanted to be a hero.. a hero like in those stories you wrote. You wrote stories with heroes, right?"

"I wrote mystery novels.." Desoto informed flatly.

"Oh... Ginger.. yeah, Ginger.. she was hot Miguel, you were lucky with her... good girl.. tried to get it on with her a couple of times... she was a psychologist... always tried to tell me something was wrong with me...I had nightmares a lot... waking up in deserts... had my skin picked off by birds.. I'd get up and find myself being carried off by a river, Desoto... and everyone was watching me... get carried away... do you know what I did, Desoto? I drank them... I'd float all the way downriver... until the river smashed me up against a rock wall... I'd turn facing the river, and I'd open my mouth and drink it all... then when I got so bloated I'd crawl out onto the land and begin picking those people apart... I'd take them apart and wear their skin and go to their house and f*** their families...I made sure to wear their skin when I did that... so that they would be calling out the names of their loved ones.. Other dreams I'd be at that river in the desert by myself, and I'd talk to it.. I'd tell it about what all I'd been doing, I didn't even speak Spanish, Desoto.. I was just making up words that felt right..Ginger told me I was messed up for that, so I think I may've killed her.."

Desoto was puzzled by Miguel's statement. Ginger was alive, was not a psychologist, and given how vocal Miguel was about who he'd slept with, had never mentioned Ginger.

"I like electricity..." Miguel squeaked as a lamp began to shine brightly before exploding in the room. Outside of the window, the building next door lit up brightly as well before a loud bang could be heard and several windows broke. "I've electrocuted pets before... I've electrocuted girls that I f***ed, I think I killed someone once by electrocuting them. I'm going to kill you all now..."

Suddenly, Miguel materialized in the room from one of the outlets and shot a lightning bolt directly at Damien. "COME ON!! SCREAM WITH ME!!!" Miguel laughed maniacally.
    edited July 2011
    The moment Miguel appeared in front of the group, Damien's eyes zeroed in on him. The drow immediately teleported directly behind the changeling. "Kinetics!!" he called out, attempting to freeze Miguel in place.
    que?
    edited July 2011
    Miguel was frozen in place by Damien's spell. A smile on his face. Suddenly, one of the clocks in the room began to activate, and a radio turned on, playing Miguel's voice. "I can feel it...Try cutting me down.. Even without motion, I can still exist as electricity.." Miguel chuckled over the radio. "This spell will wear off.. I'll kill all of you when that happens.. it'll be great. You can't even outrun me..."

Desoto came up with a plan, though he was not sure if it would work. "I need someone fast! George, Damien, you two stay here!" Desoto ran off from the room, hoping someone would follow him as he went about searching for the buildings circuit breaker.
    edited July 2011
    "Try me, fu**er," Damien growled back at Miguel. "I can hold this spell as long as it takes. But while I wait...." Damien pulled his crossbow from his coat pocket, taking aim at Miguel before firing a series of bolts into the man. "Piss me off and what I did to that jackanape will look like a mercy killing."
    que?
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    The bolt that would have hit Damien when Miguel materialized had hit Daniel instead as he was beginning to enter rage mode. The intense pain combined with the slight reduction of blood in the brain caused him to black out.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited July 2011
    "Oooooooooooooooooh" Miguel groaned in joy as he was pierced by the bolt. His body took on a smell of ozone as the bolt fell through him, his own flesh turned into pure electricity for the moment it took the bolt to fall, leaving a small wound in his chest, and were he able to move, he'd have been laughing ecstatically. "Gotta say, normally I'm the one who dishes it out.." The radio responded. "Guess we're just gonna have to count everything you do to me so I can return the favor tenfold.. I'm not one to be outdone.."

The lights in the room began to shine as the bulbs exploded and broken glass showered down on the remaining occupants.
    edited July 2011
    "S***!" Cindy ducked and covered her head with her arms as shards rained from the ceiling. She eyed Desoto leaving and quickly made off after him, picking out fragments of glass from her arms and hair. There really was no point for her being involved in the fight anyways. "Desoto! Like where are you going?" Cindy asked before she suddenly realized what Desoto was probably trying to do, thinking back to her physics class in high school. 'Duh, like of course. Electricity. That *****, Mrs. Tisdale, always said something about like electricity can't exist without like a circuit or power source or something. And like Miguel's totally electric.' The cheerleader didn't leave him time to respond, "Nevermind. I totally get what you're like trying to do. We should go like check the basement." With that she ran ahead of him and made her way down a flight of stairs leading off the main hall. "The breakers like have to be down here somewhere." She called back to Desoto.
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Lilith took a moment to sift through her memories before finding a memory from the tournament which caused her to laugh, "OOOOH that b****, I remember her." She continued on in a taunting voice, "Rena felt SOOOOO bad about taking away her chance to get the certificate that she just tried to pretend it didn't happen." She stifled a giggle before continuing, "So I hope one of you remembers her f***ing last name 'cause Rena certainly didn't."
    edited July 2011
    "..." Ramona's face was struck by a look for sere despair. "...No, I don't. I do not tend to memorize every name I run across."

Meanwhile, George joined the fight against Miguel. Since Miguel was busy staying stationary, George was willing to take a shot. "Shad," he whispered as inaudibly as possible. He was hoping the blind changling would not notice the darkness that surrounded him, making him vulnerable. He had to rely on Damien to take a ranged shot.