If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Forum outage

shentinoshentino MemberFull Members
edited October 2009 in Site & Forum Support
Just a little curious as to what happened yesterday.

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2009
    The forums going down is nothing new, but it did last longer than normal. In fact the site hasn't been down like that in a while, so I couldn't really venture a guess as to what the problem was.

• shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    What piques my curiousity is that connections to port 80 later came back as "Connection Refused", which implies that there is no process on that port.

The implication is that the webserver itself on board.rpgamer.com was offline, and not just the forums. Which, btw, also explains why the static page of rules at board.rpgamer.com was out.

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I've had numerous problems connecting to the forums over the last 6 months so I just assumed it was a network hiccup.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Yeah.

Not every day you have a board problem that you CAN'T blame on ikonboards.

Unless the board software itself crashed the webserver, there's something funky going on.

And here I was hoping that the outage was a vB upgrade in progress tounge2.gif