If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

How kid friendly does RPGamer like its ads?

watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamerFull Members
edited October 2009 in Site & Forum Support
'Cause I noticed this one flipping me off today... rock.gif

This is the banner ad:
http://m1.2mdn.net/1411118/I-700.jpg

This is the specific link to the ad if you need it:
http://n4403ad.doubleclick.net/click%3....%3fhttp

Comments

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited October 2009
    You just now noticed that ad? I've been seeing it for well over a year; probably two by now.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited October 2009
    If being flipped off is what it takes to keep RPGamer afloat, then I guess I can live with it. But beware, the body-building supplements that you see in some of those ads taste a little funny when washed down with Hornitos tequila. laugh.gif
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited October 2009
    If being flipped off is what it takes to keep RPGamer afloat, then I guess I can live with it.
    I know on BeyondUnreal they have a thread for reporting spammy advertising so the staff can contact whoever they use to remove the ads from the adroll. Maybe we should do the same?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Does it really bother anyone?
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I've brought unsavory ads to the staff's attention before. I usually wait to do it in the most ironic way possible, i.e. right after I've been scolded for not being kid-friendly.

That said, they're good about getting offensive ads taken down.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I usually wait to do it in the most ironic way possible, i.e. right after I've been scolded for not being kid-friendly.
    Good to see I'm keeping up with a time-honored tradition biggrin.gif
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Heh, for some reason I never noticed that, though I remember seeing the ad quite a bit. Doesn't bother me as much as that gothy chick that only had bits of hair covering her chest, but it was pretty borderline and I never thought of reporting it.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2009
    Sounds like Mikel will be filing to have it removed. If you find any other questionable ads, please post a new topic. Thanks for bringing it to our attention smile.gif (I'll close the topic after we have confirmation it's removed).
    edited October 2009
    I must have seen that add a thousand times and never noticed anything untowards, I guess you don't always see something that's staring you in the face. :/
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Yes well I try to ignore Avril Lavigne as much as possible too.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited October 2009
    You just now noticed that ad? I've been seeing it for well over a year; probably two by now.
    Yeah, normally I browse with an ad blocker, but I just happened to have it off at the time. Doesn't bother me, but in the past the folks running the site typically preferred things to stay fairly PG. Hence why I was more quizzical than irritated.
    edited October 2009
    Flipping the bird isn't PG?
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Nope. Not since the "incident" at the Nuns, Pregnant Ladies, and Adorable Grandmas Expo (NPLAG), back in '06.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2009
    I've spotted the ad again a couple times today, if anyone was thinking of report it. Next week we'll have someone follow up again tounge2.gif
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I could not care less, kids should see more, so they are conditioned for the future biggrin.gif
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Because there are so many children running around that haven't been flipped off.

But it's still rude.
  • ConfusedOnceConfusedOnce Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Firefox + Ad Block Plus = Safe from ads. smile.gif
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I think that vB has google adsense integration.