If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Probably not one on the internet though.
    I have heard the 2000-2009 decade called the oughts' but 2000s is more popular.
    I'd just go with the tens for now and see how that goes.
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited January 2010
    The Oughts'? Never heard that one before, whats it supposed to mean?
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Never heard it myself. It is kind of awkward though, calling it the tens. Just doesn't roll of the tongue at all, given that ten is the only number that shares that word, there is eleven, twelve, and then a sequence of teens. We need to figure out something other than the tens.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I'm not sure either but my aunt called me today and said, "Happy Twenty-ten!" So did my Dad when he called. I guess that's how some folks are doing it.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2010
    There is a party storage chest in DAO. If you buy DLC. I don't even...
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2010
    It's being called the Noughties down here by all the woman gossip stuffs. Which will mean it will stick, eugh.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Quote: wrote:

And its not even in your camp.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Why am I awake at this time of night? I must have something wrong with me.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2010
    Why am I awake at this time of night? I must have something wrong with me.
    Even more surprising is you're on IRC!
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, it's almost like I have a life again.

Well, an internet life, at least.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Got excited seeing someone post Fallout: New Vegas info on another forum, only to find that the source was Sillying gameFAQ. Hasn't stopped a half dozen sites from spreading it as if it's even remotely credible though.

• Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited January 2010
    The Oughts'? Never heard that one before, whats it supposed to mean?
    That's what 1900-1909 was called. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited January 2010
    Ha ha yes! ^_^ It's way too cold outside. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the wind. It slices through you which made my morning run with Sport a bit uncomfortable. Even he was so cold he went and hid under his dog blanket when we got home. He's a trooper that one. ^_^
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited January 2010
    1 is definitely the best. I haven't played 4 yet, but I still believe that they started off stronger than they could keep up with. I appriciate 3 for the fact that it is a step back that included mechanics more believable (no nanites, no fancy bone reading radio, no genetically marked virus') and a story that helps to expand on not only the MGS series, but the first two Metal Gears. 2 was garbage, comparatively. And what the hell was up with having the katana only at the end!? That was my favorite weapon. Oh, and <span class="spoiler">the ghosts of the founding fathers secretly still running the country? What the BLEEEEEEEEEEP!? It went from awesome sci-fi military series to wanabe Twilight Zone.</span> Oh, and Raiden sucked. As far as I can see, they did something good with him for MGS4.

Oh, and after seeing scenes for God of War 3, I can now officially say something I have not said in the past 4 years. I want a PS3 now. laugh.gif
    Ur. I turn my back for a while, and people start saying Kife.

Okay, not Kife. Where to start...

MGS1 has the best atmosphere and story, by far. The gameplay and graphics put it behind the next three, though. You'd probably be interested to hear

<span class="spoiler">Snake returns to Shadow Moses for a level in MGS4, and extremely nostalgic and subsequently awesome stuff happens.</span>

MGS3 was amazing, and I did like the story and how laid back it was in comparison to 1 and 2. I loved the katana too. I liked to kill people with it.

As for the 'Ghosts of the Founding Fathers', I won't spoil MGS4 for you, but I will tell you that's only what they claim to be. The end of MGS2 did get way too insane for my tastes, though the rest of the game was great, including Raiden, who is an insane badass in MGS4. Can't wait to play as him in MGS: Rising.

I'm right in front of the end of MGS4, and I love the hell out of this game. It's great.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
    edited January 2010
    1 and 3 are Eighties action movies. 2 and 4 are well not.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Quote: wrote:

And its not even in your camp.
    You already have one anyway - its the dwarven merchant.

Sell your extra stuff to him. It`ll be there later if you change your mind.
    edited January 2010
    I really felt throughout 4 that I needed to go back and play the first two again, and three for the first time. I haven't played the first since launch, the second since launch, and never played the third. There was just a lot of black holes and references I did not get, and stuff I thought I did, but it was fuzzy.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited January 2010
    So I finally got my PC back yesterday after it blew out on me the week before finals started. Just my luck, one of my professors e-mailed me a couple weeks ago asking me to send a copy of one assignment that wasn't uploaded to our database site correctly. Of course I had no way of retrieving the file since I never mailed it anywhere and didn't have a copy of it, so I had to wait until yesterday to send it. Thankfully it sounds like he'll accept it and change my grade once he looks at it.

And dammit I need that grade: it's 15% of the overall course grade. Good thing I had 100% on every other non-exam grade so I ended up with a C+ before this. I want my A though, so it doesn't look like I just nearly averted disaster yet again.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I should hop on IRC, though not through my normal means, since I have other things on my mIRC program. (And I don't know if I can have 2 different Irc servers going at once on it).
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited January 2010
    ESPN article titles about Chien-Ming Wang are always hilarious.

"Agent says 15 teams have asked about Wang"

edited January 2010
    There was a NY Post headline once that was CHIEN-MING WRONG. Made me giggle.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited January 2010
    That is one over-the-top link. Almost McGruder-esque in its approach: I thought this was a lost Boondocks episode for a second. smile.gif
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2010
    I'm finally caught up on the two comics I read daily (but fell aside over the holidays):
    http://www.sinfest.net/index.php -- Sinfest
    http://www.questionablecontent.net/index.php -- Questionable Content
    edited January 2010
    You should start reading Pictures for Sad Children.
    edited January 2010
    That is one over-the-top link. Almost McGruder-esque in its approach: I thought this was a lost Boondocks episode for a second. smile.gif
    Hah hah... seriously. I really don't even know what I just watched.
    edited January 2010
    You know I thought school starting again after vacation would let me get some sleep, some sleep. Bright and early at Four A.M. these two things happened: Our cat Loki decides it's time to sing his heart out and my youngest daughter Ariana (she's 8) was poking me and poking me chanting the infamous "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mommy, Mom, are you awake? Are you awake Mom?" I looked at her with one eye open telling her, "I am NOW. What is it?" and she smiles sweetly and says......"I'm hungry, can I have breakfast? Pllllleassssseeeee?" T_T
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited January 2010
    4:00. It's a good hour for breakfast. If you're not human, and you despise the notion of sleep, just like every little child I know. Okay, they're human, they just don't like to sleep, that's all.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Hah hah... seriously. I really don't even know what I just watched.
    I believe the term you are looking for is "what the hell was that and where do I get more of it?". laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited January 2010
    Chicken tacos for dinner. Yum.