If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I'm finally caught up on the two comics I read daily (but fell aside over the holidays):
    http://www.sinfest.net/index.php -- Sinfest
    http://www.questionablecontent.net/index.php -- Questionable Content
    Brilliant biggrin.gif
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Chicken tacos for dinner. Yum.
    Creepy, dude. I had tacos too. Chicken and beef though.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited January 2010
    That is one over-the-top link. Almost McGruder-esque in its approach: I thought this was a lost Boondocks episode for a second. smile.gif
    Hah hah... seriously. I really don't even know what I just watched.
    I believe the term you are looking for is "what the hell was that and where do I get more of it?". laugh.gif
    If only all politics were like that. I would enjoy watching the news more.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited January 2010
    http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening

Do de do fix the memory leak and bizarre CPU problems first please Bioware. Or don't.

• DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Apparently they need to fix their website as well.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited January 2010
    40 bones? Hell no, Bioware.
    edited January 2010
    I guess it will depend on how significant an expansion it is. NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer was $30 for a 25 hour campaign in a completely different setting, which I thought was fairly reasonable. I'd expect at least 30 hours from this, along with a larger array of new enemies/characters/classes. I've been hearing 15 hours though, which would be ridiculous.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Have people been laying the "it's too MMO" criticism at DAO like they did with FFXII? Because in FFXII it's fairly superficial whereas in DAO the entire combat system is like WoW deja vu.
    edited January 2010
    I remember reading a thread on RPGCodex that was about coming to terms with Dragon Age and the "MMOification of RPGs" in general.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    That is one over-the-top link. Almost McGruder-esque in its approach: I thought this was a lost Boondocks episode for a second. smile.gif
    Hah hah... seriously. I really don't even know what I just watched.
    I believe the term you are looking for is "what the hell was that and where do I get more of it?". laugh.gif
    If only all politics were like that. I would enjoy watching the news more.
    I do believe they're making a series based of this, including animated Margaret Thatcher, Teh Bushes and a bunch of other world leaders, current and former.

And all of them play mahjong for some reaon.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Because mahjong is funny, when it's portayed as a blood sport. laugh.gif
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited January 2010
    That made mahjong look cool enough that I'm tempted to learn to play. Good call on the McGruder comparison ACP, that could have been right out of the Killer Kung Fu Wolf B episode.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I'm sick of mahjng, as its one of the only games my dad plays, and he plays it with the sound on. thosetile noises can only become so ammusing after100 days straight.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited January 2010
    Quote: wrote:
    Good call on the McGruder comparison ACP...

Yeah, I thought you'd get a kick out of that. That guy embraces over-the-top writing without fear.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Try having a bunch of old lady Filipino aunts hanging out in the garage chain smoking, drinking, and playing Mahjong. It's hilarious. ^_^
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    You need three other people to play Mahjong...
    The anime Saki aired around two seasons ago. It is a tournament anime about Majhong in the same way Hikaru no Go is about Go. Anyway, it features a case of what do you mean it's not awesome (playing tiles, throwing your REACH!™ stick, and sitting at a Mahjong table).

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Man CES is just lame this year. Tablet PCs and 3D TV.

*snore*
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2010
    There's an interesting class of products that has been (recently?) released.
    Seagate is showing off their HD Theater Plus which plays media off a connected USB harddrive. You used to need a computer for that. All you need now is a tiny special purpose box. As I said in the gripe thread it is too darned bad that game consoles are so terrible at this media playing function. With the console they (you know, from *them*) are trying to build a platform. Making it easy to play illegal video content (i.e. downloaded anime) is not high on the priority list. Seagate et al are not trying to build a platform - they can put whatever feature in their device they want.

I took notice of a product called WD TV HD. It's a weird looking product name, to be sure - the WD is for Western Digital. The WD device has more formats it can play - the Seagate device is lacking in the subtitle department. The WD can read Derri
    edited January 2010
    I remember reading a thread on RPGCodex that was about coming to terms with Dragon Age and the "MMOification of RPGs" in general.
    Just found it. Aggroooooooooooo! 20j1paa.gif
    edited January 2010
    I've been back at work from my winter vacation for several days, but I've been surrounded by a residual "vacation bubble" which sort of keeps the work atmosphere out and the happiness in, but I feel rumblings in the Force ™ that tell me that the bubble is about to burst and let the miasma of labor pour over me. Nice while it lasted, though. biggrin.gif
    - Mark Twain
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I've actually been able to hold off the work pains for about a week after my vacation.. I'm off for the next two days, but I have a feeling Monday i'll feel like a slabe again myself.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited January 2010
    I know it's cold when our dog gives me a look, then runs out pees as fast as possible and dashes back in, snuggling against my legs. Ahhh winter! biggrin.gif
    edited January 2010
    rpgcodex rules they hate everything. Thanks for turning me on to these guys, ToD.
    edited January 2010
    A lot of PC RPG communities are like this. I think it has something to do with the fact that PC exclusives are practically non-existent now, and the few that do exist are kind of bad.
    edited January 2010
    Re: Raina
    Quote: wrote:
    I know it's cold when our dog gives me a look, then runs out pees as fast as possible and dashes back in, snuggling against my legs. Ahhh winter! biggrin.gif

Cats are good for that, too. I once let the cat out (at its insistence) into a snow storm. Normally a bad idea, but I knew it wouldn't go far. I swear I think I saw its jaw drop once it got off the porch and into the snow. It made a beeline back inside, then shot me nasty looks all day. Didn't stop it from sitting at the window all day and looking out at the snow, though. Indoor animals are just hilarious in snow.
    - Mark Twain
    edited January 2010
    Ha ha yes they are! It was snowing today and our cat Loki meowed to be let out at the back door. I opened it for him and he gave me a look, so I closed it. Then he's at the front door meowing to be let out. I told him that it was the same and opened the door. He stared at the snow and stared at it then gives me a look like I did it on purpose. biggrin.gif
    edited January 2010
    They live in a different world than we do, that's for sure.
    - Mark Twain
    edited January 2010
    My old cat liked playing (or walking around in, or whatever cats do) in the snow. I think they get cold a lot faster in winter and want to come in sooner. My old cat caught mice every so often. It didn't eat the mice, it just brought them to us. Are mice not tasty? I guess not as tasty as cat food. She caught birds too...birds are difficult (but not impossible) to catch if you're a cat. We had a birdfeeder too. The cat would stare at the birds through the window, and sometimes the birds would run away. Our cat was an outdoor cat. It ran away from home when it was about 5 years old...it probably would have returned if able. I think it got eaten by something or possibly hurt.
    edited January 2010
    Your cat was showing affection by bringing you mice. Loki likes to bring me birds and baby rabbits, then he purrs and preens while I pet him and tell him what a wonderful hunter he is as I gently release his latest victim to freedom. I'm sorry about your cat running away though, that's sad. =(
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    My border collie is often too hot in the summer (too much black fur!), but he absolutely loves the snow. He`s 10 now, but he frolicks like a puppy every time there is a dusting of snow - jumps around in it, eats it and begs for snowballs to be thrown at him.