If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Jalapeno cheddar polenta is a fairly recognizable menu item in various restaurants. The cheese taste hasn't been very strong in what I've sampled though, so they might not use much for the reasons Meo mentioned.
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Well I use it often when I make pizza. Nice smoky peppery taste to it. But maybe I'm just weird.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I was told black jack cheddar would work great. Cheddar melts easy so it shouldn't be a problem. Polenta's pretty much just corn anyway so any cheese that goes well with corn is good, assuming you can mix it in properly. Gorgonzola was good because it had that wine-y taste especially in older gorgonzola that for me goes well with the polenta.
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited December 2009
    The PS3 is amazing! And now, with the Slim out, it's truly achieved its perfect form! Perfect Strength! Perfect Speed! Perfect Games! Nothing can stand in its way! Let it hereby be called.... the 'Super PS3'.

(Kudos to anyone who catches what I'm joking about...)
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
    edited December 2009
    Just pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 off Amazon to make use of 10 free dollars and a bank card I got for Xmas. Decided against the CE because, seriously, do I need another art book to not look at after the first few days? They can keep their exclusive content I don't really care.
    edited December 2009
    I'm keeping my PS2.

Ditching backwards compatibility with my current library is an arse move if they won't open source the specs for the original machine.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Just pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 off Amazon to make use of 10 free dollars and a bank card I got for Xmas. Decided against the CE because, seriously, do I need another art book to not look at after the first few days? They can keep their exclusive content I don't really care.
    Most of it will get scanned anyways.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I'm heavily considering the CE because...frankly...the standard edition cover is horribly ugly.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I'm heavily considering the CE because...frankly...the standard edition cover is horribly ugly.
    Yup. That's why I'm getting the CE.
    edited December 2009
    @Shentino: I'm still keeping the PS2 also. It was my best friend for so long...I couldn't abandon it, even if I didn't still have a few games for it in the ol' backlog...
    edited December 2009
    I'll would never get rid of my PS2 unless I get a BC console. My three favorite games require it man. ghostface.gif
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I'll would never get rid of my PS2 unless I get a BC console. My three favorite games require it man. ghostface.gif
    I got rid of mine, but didn't know my codebreaker doesn't work on it sad.gif
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, two of my favorite RPGs are on PS2; no way I'll abandon the system.

I doubt I'll feel the same way about the PS3 at the end of its lifecycle, though.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Logging in and seeing a happy birthday message from the forum moderators caused me to smile. I thought that was really sweet. ^_^ All in all my birthday yesterday was wonderful and I enjoyed myself immensely. ^_^
    edited December 2009
    Coincidentally enough Linus Torvalds also just had a birthday.

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/12/28/1438232/Happy-Birthday-Linus
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I have been playing Alundra recently. If you don't know already, Alundra is a dreamwalker - he can enter other people's dreams, and does so often throughout the course of the game. So I was thinking...

1. Alundra finds a life vessel inside a chest inside a dream.
    2. Alundra wakes up.
    WHY DOES HE GET TO KEEP THE LIFE VESSEL!!!
    It's just a game, I should really just relax.

Point #2:
    I don't know how many of you have actually sailed a boat. It's not very hard - I suggest you guys (during summer) go to the marina and rent a single-person sailboat. It's not expensive and they offer lessons. Anyhow, Link sails a boat in the Wind Waker entry. You find that, in real life, the fastest sailing position is when the wind is perpendicular to the direction of travel. That doesn't apply to all sailboats, but definitely applies to small sailboats like the one link uses or the ones you can rent at the marina. However, in the game, this is not represented. In the game, travel is fastest with the wind; travel is slower in other directions. They probably did this because actual sailing mechanics are counterintuitive and most people are not sailors.
    edited December 2009
    Played the Dante's Inferno demo. I never knew Christianity was so nipple-centric.

As someone who has voluntarily read the Inferno several times and enjoyed it each time, I have to say, I'm not enthusiastic about this game. And the demo did absolutely nothing to sell me.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I'm still waiting to see if they announce a digital CE for Steam before I hit up Amazon.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited December 2009
    Played the Dante's Inferno demo. I never knew Christianity was so nipple-centric.

As someone who has voluntarily read the Inferno several times and enjoyed it each time, I have to say, I'm not enthusiastic about this game. And the demo did absolutely nothing to sell me.
    Hells, man, Christians are human too. We all enjoy a little nipple from time to time, amirite?
    edited December 2009
    Don't go there ^^
    edited December 2009
    Ooh. Right. Wasn't thinking...Last time we got on the subject of breasts, we were on it forever, posting pages and pages of erotic pictures...

Wouldn't...Want...that...Would we? ghostface.gif
    edited December 2009
    While natural beauty has its place I think that modesty enjoys a role as well.

Call it yin and yang.

And my nominee for weird but oddly tasty food:

A crockpot full of 1/3 part red bean, 1/3 part brown rice, and 1/3 part wheat berry, with a dash of garlic salt and chili powder.

Scarfed down a whopping 6 bowls of the stuff tonight but my blood sugar hasn't gone above 170 and I feel pretty good.

I wonder if this is close to a better seasoned version of Big Brother Slop...I'm probably one of the weirdos that would like the stuff. biggrin.gif

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited December 2009
    Logging in and seeing a happy birthday message from the forum moderators caused me to smile. I thought that was really sweet. ^_^ All in all my birthday yesterday was wonderful and I enjoyed myself immensely. ^_^
    Small world, it was my dad's birthday yesterday as well. Happy belated homegirl.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited December 2009
    It's snowing again biggrin.gif
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2009
    40 degree heat (celcius you stone age calculators).

Whhhhhy do I have to work. And on New Years Eve as well.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited December 2009
    40 degree heat (celcius you stone age calculators).

Whhhhhy do I have to work. And on New Years Eve as well.
    Hah hah... I have to work on New Years Eve myself, but at four in the morning... By the time I get off i'm too damned tired to go do anything anyway confused.gif
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Strife2Strife2 Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I got back from vacation, and I'm back in gaming mode. I'm still waiting on Infamous because of mail hold, but I've got SvR to help with that. I might even dip into my RPG collection again and dig out something (banking on FF8 right now, but I'm not sure).
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited December 2009
    I am cooking some of the food today and then the rest tomorrow for our New Year's party. It's going to be a good time. Hope everyone has a happy new year. ^_^
    edited December 2009
    I am cooking some of the food today and then the rest tomorrow for our New Year's party. It's going to be a good time. Hope everyone has a happy new year. ^_^
    Hah hah, and you. I also hope I have a happy new year, since the going trend is having other people tell me if I was happy tounge2.gif
    edited December 2009
    After nearly playing through Final Fantasy XII again off and on for the past week or so, I am ready to make a proclamation.

No single traditional RPG of this console generation is as good, or even as well-crafted.

This was a surprise to me, as I sat there while playing, scratching my head and wondering why there wasn't an analogous experience on the PS3 or 360. I genuinely thought, this late into the consoles lifecycles, that we would have a great traditional RPG.