If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mass Effect

2»

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I actually get annoyed when I get Paragon points, which usually happens when talking to my crew. I tried to tell off the stuffy admiral who was all in my face when I arrived back at the Citadel, but that didn't get me any Renegade. Lame. Chris has 4 more levels of influence than I do. Does that go up with levels, or is it his class?
    I think it's class based. I know my Vanguard started with 3 levels available for charm and intimidate but it went up to 7? once I got inducted into Spectre.

Didn't get much time to play this weekend, but I did get behind the wheel of the Mako. Not nearly as acid-trip gone bad handling like Unreal 2 XMP's Harbringer but pretty close. At least the steering isn't tied to the mouse like in Borderlands and Pariah. Props to Bioware for not making that mistake.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    No, the availability of Charm and Intimidate is tied directly to your total Paragon and Renegade points, respectively. Spectre induction will unlock a few extra of each, but if you play straight Renegade, you'll unlock all the Intimidate points, while the Charm points will remain at 4 or 5.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I just find it annoying that in order to get more Renegade points, I need to intimidate, but I can't intimidate because I don't have enough Renegade points to unlock everything. It's like I started this path too late or something.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2010
    You can get more renegade points by standard dialogue choices. Apparently they tend to be the ones towards the bottom side of the circle.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2010
    I liked playing as an Infiltrator, though my Infiltrator was a new game+ and had the Assault Rifle skill as a bonus. He was pretty damn effective, too. Don't overlook the power of some of the tech abilities. They can be very useful when used appropriately, and almost all of them have really useful passive bonuses too

Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...