If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Pokémon SoulSilver

2»

Comments

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited March 2010
    No... don't mention the Eevee team... Sinnoh ruined that dream for me. There's now 8 Eevee/-Eons, but I can only carry 6. T_T
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Heh heh. Someday I'll try running around with a full Eevee party. The darn things are so cute.

Hmm, I got a Pineco from headbutting a tree, maybe I should look into it. Never even seen one before. smile.gif
    It's basically a defensive type of Pokemon, which I like to have one of because it adds changes up my battle strategy just a little. Toxic probably works great with it, but its evolved form is Bug/Steel so it's got a nasty weakness against fire. Of course I'm thinking of using a Scizor too so I don't have a big problem with double weaknesses, but it's still something to keep in mind.
    Quote: wrote:
    No... don't mention the Eevee team... Sinnoh ruined that dream for me. There's now 8 Eevee/-Eons, but I can only carry 6. T_T
    Well that's true, but I would tend to take Flareon out of the equation because of its high attack, which I'm not a big fan of with Fire types. Most of the best Fire attacks are special attack derived so it's kind of a killer. Without Eevee, it leaves a decent 6 member party. I think I can live with just three types this go around, but I still have to decide between Umbreon and Espeon for my third. Umbreon's classically been my favored of this particular generation, but it's hard to ignore Espeon's pure Psychic might.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited March 2010
    For Espeon, evolve an Eevee that's learned Bite. It'll make for an oddly useful psychi-killer.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Friday, March 19, 2010

I head up the lighthouse. There are a lot of sailors here with water Pok
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Ryan RadcliffRyan Radcliff Caballero The WoodRPGamer Staff
    edited March 2010
    I just bought SS, but I think I am going to borrow a friend's Ds so I can import some of my babies from Diamond and start the game with a bunch of super pokemon.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you. They exist so you may know your freedoms."
    edited March 2010
    Saturday, March 20, 2010

I head across the water east of Ecruteak Village to Mahogany town. Mahogany is a town of ninjas settled just south of the Lake of Rage. I'm sure the Lake of Rage is a great place to dock your houseboat for a peaceful vacation. Something fishy seems to be happening around here... literally. There's been a huge storm over the Lake of Rage, and there's a red Gyrados rampaging around out there. Naturally, I go over to check it out.

Everyone is standing around staring at the red Gyrados. Somebody's gotta make a move; might as well be me. Besides, that cool dragon-thing would be an excellent addition to my collection. I head out and capture it with a Heavy Ball that Kurt made for me the other day. The storm still hasn't ended, though, and the Magikarp are flopping all over the place. After scouring around the lake for hidden treasure, I return to shore and run into a mysterious guy with a cape and a Dragonite friend. He says there's a mysterious radio signal that's driving the fish crazy, and wants me to help him check it out. He's pretty cool, so I happily agree.

I figure a good place to start my investigation is the "Souvenier Shop" in town with the hilariously suspicious sign. Indeed, they're hiding a secret entrance to a Team Rocket base. The place is littered with traps, but luckily Team Rocket are stupider than a box of Geodudes, so they tell me how to disable and avoid all the traps. My caped friend and I delve down into the deepest depths of the Rocket Base and together we beat the Rocket Executive who runs the place. Not long afterwards, we disable the radio signals and save the lake. Go us!

I head over to the gym, and the type of Pok
    edited March 2010
    Monday, March 22, 2010

Greetings, Pok
    edited March 2010
    I've beaten my first gym in Kanto. So far there doesn't seem to be much of a story here except "go beat all the gyms and fill your Pok
    edited March 2010
    I've beaten all the Kanto gyms and am working up to the second Elite Four, however that works. Kanto has been a bit of a slog overall. Johto has a far superior design, both in terms of aesthetics and gameplay. It's kind of neat to look around and see what's changed since Red (or FireRed in my case), but not enough has changed to make it truly interesting.

The most annoying part, however, is that the Pokemon are still at their Pokemon Red levels. All the trainers and gym people have level 40-60 Pok
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited March 2010
    Nekobasu finished HeartGold this week and said he'd aim to review early in the week if you don't mind waiting on him.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited March 2010
    Nekobasu finished HeartGold this week and said he'd aim to review early in the week if you don't mind waiting on him.
    Yep, I was going to touch base with him before putting mine together.
    edited April 2010
    I can now say that I've finished the biggest challenges in SoulSilver. I beat the highest level encounter in the game, which is actually the highest level encounter in any Pok
    edited April 2010
    The review is up!
This discussion has been closed.