If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Fire Emblem Release Date...

RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway?Full Members
edited June 2010 in Role Playing Games
July 15th, 2010.

You know, I'm plenty used to Nintendo keeping Fire Emblem info close to its chest. You know, like, announce the game, drop a screen or two, and then about a year later announce it's coming out in like three weeks and drop 50 screens. That's fine. It's not Mario, or Metroid, or even Pikmin, its one of those niche titles they put out. So its understandable that they don't give it a media blitz on release.

I've not known Nintendo to secretly develop the entire game, then announce it barely two months ahead of the release.

On the upside, maybe they'll announce the international release date is before the end of the year...
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Comments

• NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited June 2010
    The only reason that I want my DS back.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited June 2010
    Yep, there's Hardin looking evil, that's definitely a remake of Book 2.
    Maybe this is just a super-enhanced development cycle, because Intelligent Systems is SO GOOD at what it does that games magically pop out of the ether almost completely formed? Yeah, that's it.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2010
    I greatly approve of this news.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited June 2010
    Huh, that is odd. But yeah, I hope this means we'll be getting it relatively soon.

Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited June 2010
    That'd be nice. Nintendo of America has been known to take its good sweet time with localizations though. Hard to say.
    Upon looking at that page, I have to wonder what the 'My Unit' is all about. Without being able to really decipher the kanji, it might be a revival of the tactician from Fire Emblem 7 on GBA, or it could be something completely different.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • SheleighaSheleigha Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    That'd be nice. Nintendo of America has been known to take its good sweet time with localizations though. Hard to say.
    Knowing Nintendo of America, at E3 I'm sure they'll spend at LEAST 3 hours talking about Wii Party, the new hit Wii game, touch on the new Zelda for like 10 minutes, and Fire Emblem? Eh? What's that? >_>
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Upon looking at that page, I have to wonder what the 'My Unit' is all about. Without being able to really decipher the kanji, it might be a revival of the tactician from Fire Emblem 7 on GBA, or it could be something completely different.
    According to 1up it's a completely customizable unit that gets somewhat integrated into the story. So if you are annoyed at there not being enough dark mages or whatever, you can make your own (be it only one).
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Rather than spam the board with Fire Emblem threads, thought I'd share some info on the new game posted over at andriasang.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/15/fire_emblem_update/

The My Unit feature sounds like the Tactician on steroids.

"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes