If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Unpleasant banner add

SiliconNooBSiliconNooB MemberFull Members
edited July 2010 in Site & Forum Support
There's an obnoxious advert banner for Mother energy drink where if you accidentally scroll your mouse over it a big can of Mother appears, making some of the links at the top of the page unresponsive, without an obvious means to close this advertisement ... It's kind of frustrating.

(I don't know how much control you have over which adds are displayed on the site since some seem to be regionally specific, but it's hugely problematic given that it appears every time I go to change tabs.)

Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Comments

• StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Well who does control the ads if not them? Am I missing something, here? That does sound bad though...Mother must be an Aussie drink, I've never heard of it. I have now, though, so I suppose the ad worked in a twisted way...
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    ... It hasn't made me a customer ... sad.gif
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2010
    It's advertisements like that that makes me consider Adblock Plus a necessary component of the Firefox browser (even though it is only a browser extension). It makes me wish there was a similar program for IE.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I just use FlashKiller for Firefox. It's nice because it does not automatically block anything, but a single click and all the Flash on a page goes away.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited July 2010
    I'm a Mother addict but that ad sounds like it could put me off it forever. Obnoxious crap like that is the reason Firefox + ABP is a must.