If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

33: SUPERHERO Game

Comments

• chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    (It seems the most practical way to avoid certain things. Of course, that choice would have brought its own "imperial entanglements"
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited October 2010
    (Independent, Windfall, Super Computer, Lawyer. Im ok with that. )
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    (Yep, no change of heart here. Enyo, you may wanna empty your pms as it's full. You may also want to check your website.)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    (K, one last thing: because of Windfall the team doesn't have to start in a garage or apartment. Since the money belongs to Tom, where will the team start and with what amount of luxury? We talking about a fully outfitted base with all the fixings or just a decent house? ...or what?)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    (How much will a recharge cost? I'd calculate with todays prices, but atm we don't have nuclear fusion. Since L.A.L.A. effectively does not need to eat anything, it seems only fair I don't get power for free.)
    edited October 2010
    (I guess the place we start in depends on Tom's backstory. Personally, I prefer not to be in a superbase. I'd want to build up to something like that. It's all up to Tom, though. I have a feeling he may be a Batman type character with a lair under his house.)
    edited October 2010
    (L.A.L.A. would like to help out with something so building up seems good to me. You probably don't want her planning the building layout though, just saying.)
    edited October 2010
    (Yes, I was wanting to create a Batman style character, back at stately Drummond Manor....... Fully outfitted base.
    edited October 2010
    (Well, you may not be able to slowly build a base, but filling up all those empty rooms in Drummond Manor should still be fun.

Oh, and I noticed Tom took a Professional Trait. I wasn't going to use them, but whatever, no biggie. Just note you can only have 1 at a time)
    How much will a recharge cost? I'd calculate with todays prices, but atm we don't have nuclear fusion.

(I don't even know where to begin with that, so I'm not going to bother. It's not really that important, she will have enough problems just creating an adapter that can handle the amperage, and Tom has the money to pay large bills so it's not a big deal anymore. Oh and fyi, I took the liberty of buying $100 worth of clothes for LALA. Figured the party does it for her)

AND SO...

The team applied for superhero status, and with their impressive victory over Dr. Calamity, not to mention a background search that revealed Koto's seniority status as a superhero, they got their license to fight crime as deputized crimefighters, aka. superheroes. As long as the party drops their captured criminals off at local police precincts, and have proof of the crime comitted (just get LALA some recording equipment and that problem is easily solved), they can fight crime and bring justice to the streets.

Of course, there were other issues. The party had to learn how to get along, there were fights and disagreements, and the usual stuff the occurs when a new team comes together, but after some trials and tribulations, they were able to come together as a team and they went on to defeat many criminals.

But this game isn't about local street crime...

DRUMMOND MANOR: Champion City North, Wealthy District

The party arrives at majestic Drummond Manor...but this is Tom's place, so I don't know what it looks like. Acathala, a description, if you please.

Anywho, I've taken the liberty of deducting $100,000 from Tom's account to equip the place for a full-fledged superhero team. He has furnished rooms for all party members, bought extra training equipment for his dojo, computers, software, installed a security system, and created a secret section of the manor for the team's business. There are no professionals on hand, save for the odd maid or butler or cook or whatever you want, so if you want to bring in a mechanic or other people, you will have the hire them. They will get the job done, but they're not as good as a super professional.

Joining the team is Mr. Emery Oussan, a lawyer who first began practicing in Africa before immigrating to North America. I'm gonna rule that Oussan was Tom's parent's lawyer. Tom's parents were worried about Tom, so they asked Oussan to watch him in case something happened to them. Seeing the trouble Tom has gotten himself into, Oussan has gotten involved in a lot of Tom's escapades (and the main reason Tom is not doing time as a vigilante) and now officially works for the team.

Being an independent team, nobody is around to welcome the team into the world of superhero work. In fact, everyone gets a rather impolite e-mail from Homeland Defense basically telling everyone to not screw up too badly and make everyone look bad. How they found everyone's e-mail addresses...well, they can do that (unless someone finds a way to stop this...).

I suppose the team will have some unique reactions to arriving at Drummond Manor. It will have to do because I'm too distracted right now. First mission details to arrive tomorrow.
    edited October 2010
    (Since I'm lazy, here's a link instead.)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Hatley_Castle_front_entrance_Aug_2006.jpg

Tom meets the gang outside the mansion entrance. He is dressed like an advert for abercrombie and fitch. "Hey there people, I'm glad you could come."

Later on he asks LALA to make them new secure email addresses.
    edited October 2010
    Koto soon finds a nice, quiet place to walk around the manison, keeping to herself as much as possible. She does however unpack her stuff and put it in the room set aside for her.
    edited October 2010
    L.A.L.A.'s new outfit seemed a lot more appropriate than the bubblewrap she had been wearing earlier. (Desciption later)

"This house has room for more than four people." L.A.L.A. knew once she had completed a tour "We should invite homeless people to stay here. Then they will have a home!" L.A.L.A. suggested "We can easily store up to five average humans per cubic meter."
    edited October 2010
    (Where were we living during the three months before as we were crimefighting?)

Jericho takes a little tour of the place. "Nice place you got here, Tom." He is a bit confuses at some of the items in the home. He accidentally breaks a few things when he tries to figure out what they are. Oops. If the internet is available, he tries to figure out how the computer works and gets whatever information about modern times as he can.

He takes what little he has to his room. He looks through the footage he captured on his camcorder of all the crime they have busted. To make things easier to, he asks LALA if she could incorporate the camcorder into her system to keep a recording of each battle they get into and anything else special that may occur. He then takes the time to buy some civilian clothes ($1500 worth) for any normal outing, changing into costume whenever he goes crimefighting.
    edited October 2010
    L.A.L.A. will take the camcorder to Koto. "Hello Koto!" L.A.L.A. states enthausiastically "You know robotics. Could you upgrade my visual systems with the hardware in this recording device? Then I can record each battle and anything else special that may occur!"
    edited October 2010
    "Uh, sorry," Koto stammers. "I don't really know anything about robotics, just music." She then tilts her head to the side as if in thought. "Wouldn't you come with hard drives (or whatever they have in this age) for storing data?"

Koto will inquire with other superhero organizations about anyone with the necessary skills to upgrade L.A.L.A however.
    edited October 2010
    "You repaired me. Therefore you must know robotics." L.A.L.A. reasoned. This was true, Koto had healed L.A.L.A. during the encounter with Dr. Calamity. "Have you ever used a recording device? Many people who know about music have used recording devices." L.A.L.A. explained further.

After being queried about hard drives she replied: "I come with several redundant data storage units and I can upload my visual input and sensor data into the supercomputer when we return from a mission. However, Jericho wishes me to use this recording device." she explained.
    edited October 2010
    (Hmm. I didnt know you could do that.)
    edited October 2010
    (Yeah, robots process visual data and use it to guide their actions, so it's not much of a stretch for them to save that data.

And sorry, but that 3 months thing was poorly placed. All this happens shortly after the team is formed. I'm gonna remove the 3 months bit)
    DRUMMOND MANOR: Champion City North, Wealthy District

When the team first arrives at Drummond Manor, they find a tall, strong looking black man with no hair standing next to Tom. He is wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase.

"I am Emery Oussan. You may call me Mr. Oussan. I deal with the team's legal matters," Oussan speaks with a fairly thick accent. "After you have finished unpacking, I need your team to gather in the dining hall so we can discuss some details."

The team eventually meets in the dining hall. Some snacks have been provided by the staff, but without a dedicated cook, it's little more than finger food. Mr. Oussan stands at the head of the table and he is removing some things from his briefcase.

"Let me start by congratulating you for earning superhero status," Oussan begins. "Now, your work to date has been satisfactory, there is no question about that, but there are a few laws we should discuss before you begin your real work. First things first: try not to kill anybody. Technically, you're civilian mercenaries working for the government. Legally speaking, you're glorified security guards. You can capture criminals and drop them off at a police station, but you have no more rights than the average police officer. Fewer rights, actually. You also need to prove the criminal actually committed the crime."

Mr. Oussan nods in LALA's direction. "Looks like that won't be an issue.

Second, try not to cause too much damage. People and insurance companies do have the right to sue you for damaging their property. Registered crimefighters can argue the damage was unavoidable in court, but there is a maximum ceiling. Because Mr. Drummond is wealthy, it's likely a judge will not rule in his favour. It is a good thing I'm here, but I can only do so much. Some damage is okay, but try not to go overboard, and don't forget about security cameras. You may want to disable them in any area you're operating. It's difficult to argue one's methods is excessive without any evidential support.

Finally, if you defeat a villain with a known bounty, be sure to claim that bounty immediately. Also, if there is another superhero present during a fight, make absolutely certain they don't provide any aid. They can claim a part of the bounty if they can prove they were present during the capture of a supervillain. You will be surprised how often a non-team member wins half of the entire bounty this way. Bounty claims can get messy, so try to get them resolved as quickly as possible. I'll make sure you get your bounties, but it's up to you guys to make my job as easy as possible."

That concludes my business. Be on the look out for supervillains, be careful, and good luck out there."

MISSIONS:
    *mega man stage select music begins playing

MECHA MENACE: Holy crap, Batman! A 40 ft. robot is rampaging through the streets of the city!
    Difficulty Synopsis: A frontal attack could be suicidal. The team will have to use finesse, their brains, and the cooperation of locals to defeat this metal monstrosity.

METAL MONEY: The infamous corporate supervillain is...calling for help? WTF!?!?
    Difficulty Synopsis: It will take a lot of determination and team resources, but if the team keeps their wits about them, they will win the day.

SCARLET TERROR:
    The rides at an amusement park have gone out of control! The fingerprints of Scarlet Terror are all over this incident.
    Difficulty Synopsis: Team work will be paramount during this mission, and the final confrontation will be rough, but it can be done. Unfortunately, LALA may be a major target during this mission.

**The synopsis will change as the team gets stronger. Right now they're at their weakest, so every mission will feel tough. I sugget doing the Metal Money mission first and saving Scarlet Terror for last.
    edited October 2010
    (What are the time limits on these events and is it a 'pick one' or a 'pick your order' choice. i.e. if we go after one now, can we still go after the others?)
    edited October 2010
    (I vote for metal money)
    edited October 2010
    (Same here.)
    edited October 2010
    To L.A.L.A.:

"I must admit I am surprised my healing ability worked on you," Koto says. "I've never tried it on a... robot before. Is that the proper term to use to describe you? I am familiar with recording equipment, but I have no idea how to integrate it with your... circuits."

(Metal Money)
    edited October 2010
    (There's no time limit on the events. They don't start until you choose to begin them)
    edited October 2010
    (Metal Money it is then :) )

"This body is a robot." L.A.L.A. confirmed Koto's query. "How do your healing abilities function?" she inquired "Healing people is a good thing." she knew
    edited October 2010
    (I'm ready when everyone else is.)
    edited October 2010
    (Sorry, my dad is visiting and he wants me to help him do some stuff, so I may have difficulty updating over the next few days)
    edited October 2010
    (Tom would like to buy this for the group vehicle http://www.stoof-international.de/en/armoured-offroad/mb-g500/. It doesn't give a price, I would imagine it goes for around 500,000 to 750,000)
    edited October 2010
    To L.A.L.A.:

"I once just assumed that it somehow supercharged the natural healing ability of humans," Koto replies. "Now, I don't know."
    edited October 2010
    METAL MONEY

MISSION DETAILS: At approximately 7:13 PM, a group of unidentified gunmen infiltrated and attacked Metal Corp. Tower. Police arrived at the scene 10 minutes later and SWAT was quickly called in to neutralize the situation, but the gunmen have shown a remarkable degree of training and discipline and have fought off all attempts to control them. There are also reports of Metal Corp. security involved in the fighting.

Metal Money himself called the police and is currently holding a position in his office at the top of the tower. A police helicopter was radioed in to help evacuate survivors, but the gunmen have deployed EMP Rockets and very accurate DEW's to threaten the helicopters. SWAT snipers have dispatched a few of these gunmen, but more appear moments later. The skill and weaponry used by the gunmen is elite and reminiscent of a highly organized mercenary squad, but their exact identity is still unknown.

Registered Crimefighters have been called in to assist with the situation.

MISSION OBJECTIVES: The most obvious objective is to neutralize the situation, capture the gunmen, identify them, and rescue the survivors; however, this is an excellent chance to gain access to Metal Corp's private servers and find some incriminating evidence to implicate Metal Money. As bad as the situation is, the real prize in this whole incident is Metal Money. The successful retrieval of incriminating evidence will lead to a $1 million reward. Since Metal Money is not technically a wanted supervillain, there is no need to capture him; however, if he does do something worthy of capture, a bounty of $250,000 will be awarded.

FROM THE SUPER COMPUTER:

COMPLETE SUPERVILLAIN PROFILE FOR METAL MONEY: Originally your average technology and industrial metals corporate tycoon, Metal Money, whose original nickname is "the Metal Man", decided to enter the world of corporate crime some 15 years ago. He used these illegal practices to transform Metal Corp. into the titan it is today. Shortly after the first major discoveries that allowed robotics to seamlessly operate with the human body, Metal Money became obsessed with the idea of using cybernetics to achieve immortality. He spent an enormous amount of the company's budget, far more than it can afford, to research cybernetics all for his benefit. When the program could not match the advancements in other programs, he arranged kidnappings of the world's greatest experts and forced them to work for him. He also committed numerous cyber-thefts and stole billions of dollars. Despite all of this, Metal Money was never convicted for any of these crimes: the kidnapped scientists disappeared, there were no witnesses, the cyber-thefts were traced to hackers and didn't go any further, corporate accountants did an outstanding job hiding the money, and those rare few individuals who did find anything of value suddenly won Metal Corp's multi-million dollar lottery and said nothing (only to suffer fatal accidents shortly after).

Metal Money's descent into supervillainry began when he "hired" the now infamous Dr. Calamity and forced him to work ridiculous hours. The madman, who had not quite snapped at the time, created a "fake" cybernetic piece as a trap to kill Metal Money, but Calamity's trap didn't work that well and the piece only wounded the corporate supervillain. Dr. Calamity, who had created an army with the company's cybernetic rejects, used his resources to escape Metal Corp. Shortly after that, another supervillain, Mr. Goo, decided to attack Metal Corp. while its CEO was wounded and recuperating in a private infirmary. He kidnapped the injured Metal Money and demanded the company use its cybernetics to restore Goo into the man he used to be. Superheroes were called in to rescue Metal Money, but Mr. Goo had created an acid trap to finish off Metal Money if anyone interfered and the corporate tycoon lost a number of limbs and the function of a few major organs. He was forced to undergo a radical cybernetic procedure that transformed half has body into a robot. Mr. Goo has harassed Metal Corp. ever since, demanding Metal Money "honours his promise" to restore Goo. Metal Corp. has issued a bounty for Mr. Goo and has spent millions on hiring mercenaries to hunt the supervillain down.

COMBAT HISTORY: Despite being half-robot, Metal Money's greatest weakness is the fact he only looks intimidating. He is no more "super" than the average human and his greatest asset his his mind and his resources. There is no official record of him being personally involved in combat, but unofficially, his combat skill is unremarkable and he often deploys traps and other cheap tricks to defeat opponents. It is well known Metal Money personally refers to himself as "Metal Man" and abhors the name Metal Money.

**Now that you have some mission details, you may want to use it to prepare yourselves. The team can easily visit a store on their way to Metal Corp. Tower.
    edited October 2010
    (Can we make inquires of the requestor? Koto is curious what is meant by "more appear moments later". Are they using some sort of teleport device or super villian?)