If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sakura Wars VI Coming To The Wii

RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway?Full Members
edited November 2010 in Role Playing Games
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/30/sakura-wars-vi-finds-love-on-wii/

Dare I hope NISA give it to us? Apparently Sakura Wars V sold under expectations :plain:
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Comments

• Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited August 2010
    Well don't look at me, I bought a copy. Granted I haven't even touched it yet, but...
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited August 2010
    Unless Sega is going to license it really, really cheap, I would doubt it would see an English release. :(
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Unless Sega is going to license it really, really cheap, I would doubt it would see an English release. :(

I still wonder how NISA wrenched the license to the last one free.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Rebochan wrote: »
    I still wonder how NISA wrenched the license to the last one free.

I assume even Sega doesn't care much for a 5 year old game.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Since Sakura Taisen VI will actually be a new title, I'd say we have a better chance of getting it than we did for a 5 year old PS2 game.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Let's hope so!
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Hi folks! it's that Scottish verbose guy balance here, I just finished Sakura Wars So Long my love on the wii and absolutely LOVE IT! so yeah I'm hoping more comes over.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I boiught my copy of Sakura Wars, I did my duty! I'd love to see it though!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • caddyalancaddyalan Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Somehow this news went under my radar. And I try to follow news on Siliconera closely. I guess it was because the notice was posted about a day before PAX Prime...

I purchased two copies of the *PS2* localized version of Sakura Wars 5. Why? Because I was willing to pay a few more dollars for the original dialogue. (I've seen the Wii edition only at Best Buy, and the PS2 edition only at Gamestop.)

Shamefully, SEGA has been hit-and-miss with its localizations. Yes for Shining Tears, but no for Shining Wind. Yes for Sands of Destruction, but no for 7th Dragon or Shining Force Feather.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Well this wasn't a Sega localization so we'd probably not expect it from them either.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited September 2010
    There's been no official announcement since I posted that, and TGS just came and went with no announcements related to it. Following up on it, it seems the image in the article was a hoax done by a fan who got excited about an actual Sakura Taisen announcement in Famitsu.

Darn, I got my hopes up :P
  • caddyalancaddyalan Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    According to this recent Siliconera article -- http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/17/next-sakura-wars-title-is-an-online-browser-game/ -- it sounds like the next Sakura Wars game will be browser-based. Not much other news yet.

This seems to suggest that the heyday of Sakura Wars games on consoles is over, and that the staff are trying to do something different with it. Though I could be wrong. We'll see.