If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

"chosen board moderator"

fergus the lesserfergus the lesser MemberFull Members
edited February 2003 in Site & Forum Support
his Excellency LordBrian,

>i fergus one of rpgamer's loyal subjects want to know what is your criteria/s in choosing a board moderator... as i can see that some of the regular board posters... has been chosen by your Lordship... i would be honored if my query shall be answered...

fergus, son of the greater

Comments

• KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I'm not answering for LordBrian, but I think this is one of those situations where you don't ask us, WE ASK YOU.
  • fergus the lesserfergus the lesser Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    nobody ask me?
    what or how i'll gonna ask to you? knights of LordBrian
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    That is THE suck-upiest thing I have ever heard.
    I could have sworn you capitalized and punctuated more often than that, though.
    Walken1.jpg
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sin @ Feb. 10 2003,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"That is THE suck-upiest thing I have ever heard.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I agree, you could at the VERY LEAST try to suck up in a less obvious manner. sarcasm.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"nobody ask me?
    what or how i'll gonna ask to you? knights of LordBrian[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

One other thing, you'll NEVER be a moderator if you fail to make any sense...
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I chose mods based on a number of qualifications, but the biggest ones were these:

1) How much respect both I and the rest of the staff had for the members

2) How coherent their posts were

3) What sort of mood I was in at the time, and

4) How active the members were, more or less.

We're not planning on making any new mods at the moment, though. And as Kami said, this is something we ask if you want to do, not something that you can request to be.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kamikaze @ Feb. 10 2003,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm not answering for LordBrian, but I think this is one of those situations where you don't ask us, WE ASK YOU.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't think he was asking to be one, I think he was asking what the criteria are for being chosen. I don't see what the problem would be with sharing that information.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I don't understand why people actually WANT to be a moderator. Can you imagine the number of tasks you have to perform? As for me, being a mod is the last thing I want.
  • StingrayStingray Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    I agree with Seraphic.

With great power comes great responsibility (who said that). I don't want the responsibility at boards like these.
  • The GeneralThe General Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"chiapet Posted on Feb. 10 2003,17wow.gif8
    Quote (Kamikaze @ Feb. 10 2003,05wow.gif0)
    I'm not answering for LordBrian, but I think this is one of those situations where you don't ask us, WE ASK YOU.

I don't think he was asking to be one, I think he was asking what the criteria are for being chosen. ?I don't see what the problem would be with sharing that information. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

strife amongst the ranks. ?i was going to post about how ridiculous this thread is, but bless your soul fergus...let chaos ensue.

• LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Come to think of it, the answer has been posted, so no more need for discussion.
This discussion has been closed.