If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

Comments

• redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Atlus with a minor sale on Dragon's Crown and SMT IV begs the question: is the DLC for SMT IV worthwhile? I didn't even know there was any for it, and it turns out that there is a dozen small bits.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    What the...? Not my store? FARK!

I finally had a use for Witcher 2 too.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited November 2013
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    Everyone who wants to trade one used PS3, 360 or WIIU game for a new copy of ACIV, Battlefield 4 or COD Ghosts for the PS3, 360 or WiiU can head to futureshop stores while supplies last. One game for one game. From the 9th to 11th.

Any game that has a price in their system will be accepted. Not sure what's going on with this, but it's totally legitimate. http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Gaming-Announcements/Trade-In-Offer-November-9-11/td-p/462113?cmp=facebook

Offer is also good at Bust Buys in Canada.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-cod-ghosts-battlefield-4-and-black-flag-for-trade-in-at-best-buy-and-futureshop-in-canada/1100-6416090/
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited November 2013
    I took advantage of that with Rock Band track packs for CoD: Rin Tin Tin and ACIV on WiiU. Spent about 3.5 hours in line to get them. Total gong show.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Mother... I really want AC4 but I'm broke as he'll... This would have been perfect. Damnit, Canada.
    edited November 2013
    *sigh* Was in Toronto today. Went to a Futureshop there. Sold out.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited November 2013
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    *sigh* Was in Toronto today. Went to a Futureshop there. Sold out.

Oh, everything in Toronto was gone by early afternoon yesterday. It was a feeding frenzy. I didn't hear about the promotion on time. :(
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited November 2013
    Wow. Some of those sales change by the minute.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited November 2013
    lol Witcher 2 lasted the longest: 300 copies to 18 in about 5 minutes.

I wonder if anyone ever gets around to playing all of these heavily discounted PC games?
    edited November 2013
    Did GOG just pull a Woot-Off?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited November 2013
    Trenched, or Iron Brigade (whichever you prefer) is now free on XBL as the current Gold game. This is actually a good entry for the Gold series because it's one of those games that IS good, but you may not have brought yourself to buy it for whatever reason.

Resident Evil: Revelations is also only $20. This version got some extra content. Plays like the "missing link" between RE4 and the old RE gameplay.

LA Noire is only $10 on Amazon.
    edited November 2013
    "Best of the leaked Black Friday" deals.

I'm assuming this mostly applies to American stores, although I hope that Diablo 3 for $25 deal shows up in some way.
    edited November 2013
    XBL has their "Black Friday" weekly sale up. A number of games are heavily discounted such as Tomb Raider, Dust, Metro: Last Light, and Mark of the Ninja. Skyrim and its DLC is heavily discounted (I can't see the actual prices because I own it). If for some reason you haven't played Fallout 3, you can get it for $7 this week.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited November 2013
    That page lists more deals than I'm actually seeing on XBL (it's on my TV right now), but sometimes stuff goes unshown in the "featured sales" section. Or just check later. It changes by the hour at times.

Still, good find. Like this:
    Black Friday 1-Day Offers (29th Nov only)

Diablo III (US, CA & MX only) - 33% off
    WWE 2K14 - 33% off
    WWE 2K14 Accelerator DLC - 50% off
    Halo 4 Champions Bundle - 50% off
    Rayman Legends - 50% off
    Magic 2014 - 50% off
    Spider-Man: Edge of Time - 67% off
    Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - 67% off
    Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - 67% off
    Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - 67% off
    X-Men: Destiny - 50% off
    X-Men: Origins Wolverine - 67% off
    X-Men: The Official Game - 67% off
    Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen - 66% off
    Onechanbara - 80% off

Cyber Monday 1-Day Offers (2nd Dec only)

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 75% off
    Red Dead Redemption - 75% off
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - 75% off
    Dark Souls - 75% off
    BattleBlock Theater - 67% off
    Rayman Origins - 50% off
    L.A. Noire - 75% off
    Fast and Furious: Showdown - 75% off
    Men in Black: Alien Crisis - 75% off

I KNEW I thought I saw Diablo 3 on sale somewhere! And damn Capcom for releasing Dark Arisen and not giving me a chance to download the expansion stuff separately.

Man, the Cyber Monday deals are nice.
    edited November 2013
    I'd rather not inflict this horror upon anyone, but in case you're interested, you can currently get every WoW expansion and Mists of Pandaria for just $15.

**Dragon's Dogma + Expansion is only $13.
    edited December 2013
    Cyber Monday is active on XBL. Red Dead, La Noire, The Witcher 2, and Dark Souls for $7.

Also spotted Saints Row 4 at FutureShop (online) for $30.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    The Fallout deal is slashdotted (website inaccessible due to traffic spike) but the deal is good for 48 hrs (ending 2PM Saturday). Still a decent deal. Check back tomorrow.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited December 2013
    It was a bit of a fight, but I managed to grab the games.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I have F1 and F2, migh as well get Tactics now that it is free.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2013
    I didn't realize that the Fallout Games will soon be pulled from their catalog due to Interplay losing the publisher rights. Thank you for linking the article! Now I know! You will still be able to DL it after the fact if you've 'purchased' or added it to your GoG account for free while this deal is running.

I've said it multiple times on our podcast...I *wuv* myself some GoG!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited December 2013
    HAPPY MERCENARY DAY!

Today on XBL (and supposedly today only), Borderlands 2 is 75% off! The Season Pass is 33% off! Most of the other DLC is also slashed in price.

X-Men Destiny is also on sale, and Shoot Many Robots! (pretty much a 2D Borderlands) is FREE!

**Today is Terraria at 67% off. Also the entire Walking Dead adventure series if you haven't played it yet.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the update. I had fun with the two demos for Project X Zone, so I think I may end up getting it, even though I've heard it gets boring. On a complimentary note for those in the US, Best Buy is selling eShop cards at 20% off next week. Combining that sale with the eShop sale makes it even better.
    edited December 2013
    I traded my Project X Zone to subsidize my Vita purchase, so the opportunity to pick it back up ultra cheap is appreciated. And I'll be in the US to (hopefully) be able to grab some cheap eShop cards.