If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    MS has another one of those daily deal sales going on. Haven't played Skyrim on 360 yet? Grab it for $10. There are a bunch of other RPGs going for similarly low prices.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Picked up MGS: PeaceWalker HD for $5 today. I think there was one a couple days ago that I wanted, but I didn't realize that there were one day sales along with the weekly sale.
    edited February 2014
    I got Dust on GoG, and yeah, that's a fair assessment. It's a very nice Metroidvania with an absolutely GORGEOUS artstyle. I still remember when it originally came out on XBLA, and people on Giant Bomb were making a big deal about this as some sort of game for furry fetishists. I still laugh at that on multiple levels.

Also, Gianna Sisters is awesome. Hopefully they'll throw in Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams: Rise of the Owlverlord among the games they add later on in the bundle. That's another sweet title. I wouldn't mind seeing a PC version of Giana Sisters DS. A fine example of 2D Platforming, that.

We played Dust last year in the Supplemental Year of... and I cannot recommend it highly enough. A great, beautiful game made even more amazing when taken in context of the limited staff working on it.
    edited February 2014
    State of Decay is half-off today only.
    edited March 2014
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is 75% off on XBLA this week. I've heard really good things about this one.
    edited March 2014
    One of those games is supposed to be very good. I think it was the second, but I can't remember.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    Disclaimer: This deal won't apply to many RPGamers but it might apply to some.

It's one week from the Witch and Hundred Knight release date. This was offered at Amazon for $20 on 07Nov13. If you pre-ordered this game on or before that date, call Amazon and ask them to honor the pre-order price guarantee and give you the $20 price.
    edited March 2014
    All things Bioshock up to 70% off this week on XBL.
    edited April 2014
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen only $15 this week on XBL. Also lots of MS published games, like Crackdown, also reduced into the $1 to $5 range.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited April 2014
    Good idea, but that link is broken.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, that one worked. No idea why the PS4 one is free but the PS3 listing has a price though.
    edited April 2014
    Lots of Borderlands 2, Fallout 3/New Vegas, and Skyrim DLC on sale this week on XBL.
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Eschalon Book I-III are cheap today on GoG.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited April 2014
    GoG has a cute thing going on right now where they pit games up against eachother and the community votes which is better. The winning games are then heavily discounted.

Maybe one of your old favourites is one of the winning games? Don't worry! If it's a loser, you still get a good discount.

http://www.gog.com/gamerumble
    edited April 2014
    This is the first I've heard of the Sony All Access pass: a bunch of MMOs, including bonus stuff and discounts on DLC for said games, for the price of one $15 monthly sub.

Sound good? Bad?
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Hmmmm...I would hardly call a new option 'bad.' More choices for consumers is almost always a win (until there are too many choices.) However, I'm not sure who, exactly, benefits from this. Clearly, it's the segment of people who not only enjoy multiple Sony MMOs, but also, under normal circumstances, are on their premium monthly plans...as a number of those on the list are free to play at the basic level. But, how many people is that, really? Hmmmmmmm...
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2014
    We have a Golden Week sale on the PSN. RPGs of note including half price for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (meaning $20), Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross for $5 each, Persona 4 Golden for $20, etc.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited April 2014
    We have a Golden Week sale on the PSN. RPGs of note including half price for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (meaning $20), Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross for $5 each, Persona 4 Golden for $20, etc.

It took me a minute to realize that you were talking about the non-PS+ pricing there (Ys for $19.59, Muramasa Rebirth for $7.50 for me).
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    Dust and Saints Row 3 are the free games this month (in that order) on 360 Games with Gold. Both are FANTASTIC and if you don't own them and have a gold account you need to fix the situation.
    edited May 2014
    Crono wrote: »
    Dust and Saints Row 3 are the free games this month (in that order) on 360 Games with Gold. Both are FANTASTIC and if you don't own them and have a gold account you need to fix the situation.

I totally agree. Even if you pick up a 3 month sub for $20, it is worth the price for those two games.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure if anyone here is bothering with Mario Kart 8 (WiiU), but if you are and register the game on your local Club Nintendo before the end of July, you get a free retail game code.

NA options: New Super Mario U, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD or Wii Party U
    EU options: NA list + Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Nintendoland, Game and Wario, Mario and Sonic Sochi Olympics, Sonic Lost World
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited May 2014
    I totally agree. Even if you pick up a 3 month sub for $20, it is worth the price for those two games.

I think I have a couple free Gold Trials lying around if anyone wants to use them. Not sure if they include Games with Gold games since I got these trials before GwG came out.
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    edited May 2014
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    I think I have a couple free Gold Trials lying around if anyone wants to use them. Not sure if they include Games with Gold games since I got these trials before GwG came out.

I could use a code if you still have them.
    edited May 2014
    Shadowrun Returns is on weekend sale on Steam. Is it worth the upgrade to the deluxe edition, or should I save the $3 and stick with the standard edition?
    edited May 2014
    Everything I've heard of Shadowrun suggests they held back a lot of features, including some common sense design stuff, so I imagine any kind of "deluxe" or fan made mod package would improve on the game.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited May 2014
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Shadowrun Returns is on weekend sale on Steam. Is it worth the upgrade to the deluxe edition, or should I save the $3 and stick with the standard edition?
    Go with the regular version. I don't even remember what the Deluxe edition includes but I hardly think it is anything important. Just a heads up: Dragonfall is a much better campaign than Dead Man's Switch, but you need the former to play the latter.