If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Blarg. I hate it when they say "Up to" a certain discount figure; otherwise, I would be all over games like Dying Light, Project Beast, and The Evil Within.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited June 2014
    Here's what the discounts look like (they start at $34.99 regular price):
    Price	FS Discount	BB Discount
    $34.99	$24.99	        $24.49
    $39.99	$28.56	        $27.99
    $44.99	$32.13	        $31.49
    $49.99	$35.71	        $34.99
    $54.99	$39.28	        $38.49
    $59.99	$42.85	        $41.99
    $64.99	$46.42	        $45.49
    $69.99	$49.99	        $48.99

I'm staying well out of the $70 bracket so at worse, I'm looking at an extra $4.50.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Some pretty solid flash sales running on GOG right now for their DRM-free Summer Sale. They are putting up 6 games every 30 minutes, and the sale on each game runs for 2.5 hours.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    Indeed...some great sales on there, including a ton of D&D computer games. Gotta love it!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
    edited June 2014
    The only price better than "cheap" is "Free". Those following my twitter feed have a chance to win some free GoG games!
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Steam sale day 3...
    There's a flash sale for Banished (city-building). It's probably not worth the $10 they are asking (50% discount); I'd stay away.
    Terraria is on the main sale for the 3rd day. It's probably worth the $2 they are asking for it.
    I don't own Skyrim yet. It's probably worth the $5 they are asking for it.
    edited June 2014
    Yeah...LOTS of good GOG and Steam sales going on right now. Jump on that!
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    awesomenauts is on sale on steam for 99 cents, cant beat that
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Ultimate 360 sale is on. Ultimate games discounts are available to Gold AND Silver members. Details here. Fallout 3&NV, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2, Gears 3, Portal 2, Trials Evolution, and Deux Ex: HR are some of the many games on sale many of which are in the $5 to $10 range.

I've also read a number of newer games being covered in the sale will also be on sale this week at retailers for cheaper prices (like AC: Black Flag is supposedly $15 all week at Best Buy), so keep an eye on your favourite retail outlets.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited July 2014
    Also, SMT Nocturne is on the list if you already own P4(G) and P3 from the fifteen other times it's been on sale.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited July 2014
    Best Buy is going to have a BOGO sale on a handful of 3DS games starting on Sunday. Having just got a 3DS, I will either pick up both Bravely Default and A Link Between Worlds (I'm passing on X/Y since I'm waiting for ORAS) or be a mature adult and not spend more money on video games.
    Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2014
    No Cadian, like me you will succumb to it and buy the two for the sake of sale status. Plus Nintendo NEVER has sales usually, so being able to get Link Between Worlds at a low price is a massive steal.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited July 2014
    Kirby's sucking is confined to getting powers, unlike Yoshi's New Island. (Paws, I am *so* sorry.)
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited July 2014
    No Cadian, like me you will succumb to it and buy the two for the sake of sale status. Plus Nintendo NEVER has sales usually, so being able to get Link Between Worlds at a low price is a massive steal.

UuuuuuggggGGGGHHHHHH why did the demo for Bravely Default have to be so good. And the 2015 core set for Magic: The Gathering just came out as well. More video games for me I guess.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2014
    Cadian wrote: »
    UuuuuuggggGGGGHHHHHH why did the demo for Bravely Default have to be so good. And the 2015 core set for Magic: The Gathering just came out as well. More video games for me I guess.
    I noticed that today as well, which made me sad. But since I bought Bravely Default and Link Between Worlds yesterday, I had no spare money to give, the rest is being saved for Anime Weekend Atlanta.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Steel & Steam for 2€ on Humble Store today: https://www.humblebundle.com/store
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited August 2014
    Ys Origin in the current Humble Weekly Bundle!

It's not only cheap, but also the only apparent way to get the game DRM-free for PC at all.
    (At the very least the only Ys game released in Europe for non-handhelds so far was Ark of Napishtim.)

Bundle also contains some other good games too.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for this tip! I am definitely getting it for Ys Origin.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2014
    Unholy Heights and One Way Heroics are good games too. You could have both for $1. I suggest checking these out.
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
    edited September 2014
    This is your last chance to grab a number of GOG games that are being delisted. As long as you buy them before they are taken down, you will be able to DL them whenever you want.http://www.gog.com/promo/last_chance_special_promo_270814
    edited April 2018
    deleted.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited September 2014
    This surprised me, as I thought they were de-listing Eternal Sonata a little while back.
    edited October 2014
    Figured there would be as good of a place as any to ask:

When I bought Smash Bros., I added $50 to my 3DS eshop thing account, and I now have $6.66 left. What should I buy?
    edited October 2014
    An exorcism? (I keed, I keed.)

Might be worth diving into the Virtual Console selections - Donkey Kong '94 (I think it's just called "Donkey Kong" on the eShop) or Link's Awakening DX are solid options. Unfortunately, most of the eShop original stuff is over $6.
    edited October 2014
    Shaymin wrote: »
    Might be worth diving into the Virtual Console selections - Donkey Kong '94 (I think it's just called "Donkey Kong" on the eShop) or Link's Awakening DX are solid options. Unfortunately, most of the eShop original stuff is over $6.

I've never been huge on the Donkey Kong games, and I've played through Link's Awakening DX more times than I can count, but thanks anyway. Maybe I'll pick up one of the GameBoy Mega Man games.
    edited October 2014
    For those of you who are familiar with Fairy Bloom Freesia, a sequel just popped up on Playism with a pay-what-you-want deal with a one dollar minimum, or ten dollars for the game and source code.