If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW!Full Members
edited January 2012 in Miscellaneous Gaming
So this is something that has been done on this forum for the past 3 years and It's something that needs to keep on a truckin'
Thank you for your continued support over the last two years, this year and beyond.

You guys have been absolutely amazing and continue to smash expectations and bring me happiness.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So, Basically, Every video game you complete during 2011, You note it here. There's no `Do X, Y or Z games count?` Any and every game counts (except for ultra-casual games like Solitaire and Hearts.). Old, New, FPS, RPG. Everything belongs here. Not just RPGs. Even though this is an RPG board, It doesn't mean that you can't list whatever game you want, This topic is in the misc, gaming section for a reason. Regardless, If you've completed a game during 2011, It goes here. Dates of completion are welcome, just for fun, but aren't necessary, nor s the difficulty settings, neither will be in the final list. When making an entry PLEASE put what system the game is from, as that WILL be in the final list, If you do not have a system for the game, I'm just going to put whatever system I think it's best on. If I've never heard of the game, I'm going to make a system up. Also, Please post the full name of the game you finished. Thanks.

I'll be updating a master list on this post once a week on Sundays. You can make one post and edit it with new games you might complete, But when I post a new post that the list has been updated, I won't be looking at the old posts for updates anymore.

One last thing I believe I should mention, This is just for fun, This isn't any sort of competition or anything. It's just a fun way to be able to keep track of what games you've beaten and see what everyone else has accomplished over the year. I repeat, This is just for fun.

Games will be listed in the following order:

Systems (In chronological order. I.E. NES, SNES, N64, etc.)
Nintendo Family
Sega Family
Playstation Family
Xbox Family
PC
Arcade

There will be a sub-catagory after each system for downloadable games. (i.e. After the 360 listing will be XBLA games, After PS3 will be PSN games.)

Handhelds
Nintendo Family
Game Gear
Playstation Portable
Mobile Games (Phone or iPod)

So without further ado! Enjoy!

---

Acathala - Games Finished: 1
PSP
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

---

ACP - Games Finished: 6
PS3
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Mass Effect 2

DS
Ghost Trick
Murder in Venice
Secret Files: Tunguska

---

Bain nick - Games Finished: 15
Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Sengoku Basara 3

PS3
AFL Live
Dungeon Siege 3
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption

PC
Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay
Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 3 - Lair of the Leviathan
Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 5 - Rise of the Pirate God
Terraria

DS
Professor Layton and the Last Specter

3DS
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

---

Blitzmage - Games Finished: 1
PS3
Dragon Age: Origins (+DLC)

---

ChickenGod - Games Finished: 38
Wii
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Xenoblade Chronicles

PS1
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

PS2
Romancing SaGa
Shadow Hearts: From the New World

PS3
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Bulletstorm
Catherine
Crysis 2
Dead Space 2
F.E.A.R. 3
Killzone 3
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Mass Effect 2
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
White Knight Chronicles 2
Yakuza 4

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Sonic Generations
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

XBLA
Guardian Heroes

PC
Darkspore
Ever17: Out of Infinity
Fate/Stay Night
G-Senjou No Maou
Kara no Shoujo
Tsukihime
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

DS
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Pokemon Black
Radiant Historia

PSP
The 3rd Birthday
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin

---

Chromotrigger - Games Finished: 16
NES
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain

SNES
Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
Soul Blazer
Star Fox
Super Castlevania IV
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Mario Galaxy

Sega Genesis
Sparkster

PS1
Wild Arms

PS3
Dead Space 2

PSN
Limbo

Game Boy Color
Dragon Quest I + II

Nintendo DS
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen

---

Cidsa - Games Finished: 6
PS2
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd

Xbox 360
Halo 3

PC
Mass Effect 2

DS
Ghost Trick
Trace Memory

GBC
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge

---

Clix - Games Finished: 10
PS2
Tales of the Abyss

Xbox 360
Dead or Alive 4
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelation

DS
Pok

Comments

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    7thCircle - Games Finished: 38
    DS
    Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
    Rune Factory 3
    Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier

PC
    The Binding of Isaac
    Civilization IV
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dragon Age II
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
    Rise of Nations
    Sacrifice
    Tropico 4
    The Witcher 2 (x2)

PS3
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
    Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
    Demon's Souls
    Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
    Flower
    God of War 3
    inFamous
    Killzone 3
    Resonance of Fate
    Yakuza 3

PSP
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Xbox 360
    Bastion
    Catherine
    Cthulhu Saves the World
    Deathsmiles
    Gears of War 3
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    L.A. Noire
    Lost Odyssey
    Fallout: New Vegas + Old World Blues and Honest Hearts
    Saint's Row 2
    Saint's Row: The Third
    Sequence
    Torchlight

---

Clix - Games Finished: 5
    DS
    Pok
    edited January 2011
    Also, as my first game of the year:
    On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 1 (PC)
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Staff doing their own updating? I'm fine with that if that's what we need to do.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (DS) - Got a bad ending and am going back for more.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Beat my first game of the new year! Heavy Rain [PS3] - I wanted to try this but the price point was just too high to justify the purchase. Saw it was on sale at Gamestop, so I bought it for myself and my Scottish girlfriend. An amazing experience. Watching Ada play now hoping she won't make the same mistakes I did. :D;
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Time to pop my 2011 cherry too!

1/1/2011 - Armored Core: Nexus (PS2). Thought I'd crack it open while I waited for Silent Line to come in from eBay and was treated to another awesome Armored Core experience. While I'm not a huge fan of the removal of the verbose emails in this one, it's a pretty fun little game that keeps the user somewhat engaged in the ongoing struggle. Beating
    Spoiler:
    Nine-Ball
    at the end was a bit of a pain, but it's not Armored Core if you're not screaming at the screen for the last boss. The game contrased AC3's ending by being incredibly depressing, but at least it's a good setup for when I get into Last Raven.

Wanted Nexus here to by my last 2010 game, but there were way too many hard missions. Ah well, first game of 2011 isn't bad either.

Anyway, I'm hoping to best myself this year. I did 40 last, so the goal here is to reach 50! Here's hoping I can get'er done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Nyx wrote: »
    Beat my first game of the new year! Heavy Rain [PS3] - I wanted to try this but the price point was just too high to justify the purchase. Saw it was on sale at Gamestop, so I bought it for myself and my Scottish girlfriend. An amazing experience. Watching Ada play now hoping she won't make the same mistakes I did. :D;

I love that you're playing Heavy Rain at the same time I'm playing Rorona.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited January 2011
    1/1/11 (12:05am, so it counts): Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
    Well, got the end credits, but nowhere near the point to where I can go after all the L80+ maps I got trading at EB Games in July *le sigh*. I haven't even unlocked the last six classes yet.

Still, I told myself I'd finish IX, IV and V before I could buy VI, so I've got about a month and a half to go.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited January 2011
    That was... Fast. Though I guess having a save file from Nexus helped.

1/1/2011 - Armored Core: Last Raven (PS2). Leviathan ending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 2 (PC)

I liked the story of the second better but the mechanics of the first were superior. I really didn't like the fact that I had extra parts left over. The game was easy enough I'm considering an insane run, and I'm like...just up the block from Easy Street.
  • FunctionFunction Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment (PSN).

nice game over all, simple story, lots of chars, everyone can do everything and long dungeons..
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    7thCircle wrote: »
    I love that you're playing Heavy Rain at the same time I'm playing Rorona.

How are you enjoying Rorona, lovely? :)

Ada and I have been obsessively playing Heavy Rain since we got it. She watched my entire playthrough, and decided for her playthrough to do the exact opposite of what I did.
  • solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Last night, I finished Prototype (360). I wish the game were better. The combat was very frustrating until I unlocked the Whipfist, at which point it became easy and slow. One note: I did experience serious tension when the game introduced a clock halfway into the final boss fight, which I literally finished with one second remaining. If that's not a scripted result, it was certainly exciting.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished my first game of the year:Super Metroid (Snes)

Time: 8h15min
    Items: 79%
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - NDS

Enjoyed the game and can't wait to see what a "sequal will bring. Sadly I missed one Djinn T_T
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Woo, first game passed for the year, and with 15 mins to spare of the day.

Donkey Kong Country Returns, Wii, 4/1/10

Loved it, even though some stages took 20 of my lives +.

Also, pay attnetion in some areas, I've noticed one character from another game in the background. (Also, just about every song from DKC is in it, although remixed. Makes me even happier).
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished my first game for 2011: Cthulhu Saves the World (XBLIG).
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Final Fantasy X (PS2).
    I have thoughts on it, certainly, but it's neither a new favorite nor something I detest. I could foresee playing it again in the future, but not soon.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited January 2011
    Digital: A Love Story (PC)

It takes about 90 minutes and I highly recommend it. Its story affected me in way that is "that shouldn't have affected me that much". Which is a mark of good storytelling I suppose. Highly recommended, you can get it here: http://www.scoutshonour.com/digital/
    179811.png
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3) Got the True Ending with Lionela hanging out with Rorona at the end. I usually like my video games like I like my men: dark and hard, but I can enjoy giggly fluffy games too when they're done well. Rorona was a lot of fun.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    So one of my gaming resolutions for the new year has been to get back my s-rank on games that have had stuff come out since I'd been so busy and haven't had a chance to keep up on it. I'm actually making a really good progress with this plan of attack and have reinstated my S-rank and gotten all the possible achievements, in turn beating them for the new years on the following games.

Dragon Age: Origins [Xbox 360] (1750/1750)
    Mass Effect 2 [Xbox 360] (1255/1255)
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World [XBLA] (250/250)

And today, I've added a new entry to the realm of my S-ranked games. Number 22. Welcome.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light [XBLA] (200/200)

I still have a few games that I need to finish the DLC on to get my S-rank back on before I can really move on, but all in good time.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Beat Vanquish for the 360. Hard game to put down once you start playing. Very manly, fast-paced shooter which is kinda confusing for a Japanese game.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    HeeHo wrote: »
    Beat Vanquish for the 360. Hard game to put down once you start playing. Very manly, fast-paced shooter which is kinda confusing for a Japanese game.

I picked that up over the holidays, haven't started it yet.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    HeeHo wrote: »

Playing it at the moment on Chapter 4, a little different form what I usually play but really good fun. The Japanese can do the manly stuff if they want, e.g. Metal Wolf Chaos :p
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    My first completion this year was Ys Seven (PSP). Loved every minute of it. I'm debating picking up Oath in Felghana despite already owning the PC version, but I think I'll end up getting 1 & 2 Chronicles next (I have yet to get any version of Ys 2).
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Ys 2, really? Unless you played Ys 1 back in the 80's, it's hard to buy it alone considering the two have been packaged together in almost every re-release.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    I dunno. I have weird feelings about Ys Seven. I'm just not feeling it at all... I honestly and truly hate the fact that I have to change to different party members and I can't just fight things as Adol and switch to different weapons (like in Ark of Napishtim). Not playing as Adol at all in Ys Origin didn't bother me in the least because he wasn't actually meant to be in the game, but the party member swapping of 7 has bugged me a lot more then I thought it would. I'm trying to trudge through it, but the prospects are looking grim...
    edited January 2011
    1/6/11 - Armored Core (PSOne). I'd been on the game's last level for months. Months! Way too much platforming in a game with those mechanics, and it's the only stage where there's that much of it. Only other game in the series I've played so far with this annoying a level was AC2: Another Age, and that game's annoying for other reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Despite what I thought, my first game of 2011 was Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS). This time I went for the Amane path. Also, unlike my first time playing through, I had
    Spoiler:
    forgotten that I had to talk to Kaido first, and he ended up killing Keisuke. Dear me was that death gruesome, even though these are little sprites. . .
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited January 2011
    VVVVVV (PC). Man, was last year a good year for indie platformers. Between this and Super Meat Boy, I died over 3000 times and loved almost every minute of it.The open-map format is also unique and wonderful. On a side note, that music! Wonderful!
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    Ys 2, really? Unless you played Ys 1 back in the 80's, it's hard to buy it alone considering the two have been packaged together in almost every re-release.

Yeah, I played Ys 1 on Master System. I picked up a Master System rather late a couple years ago and found a copy of Ys 1. Since I didn't have a TG CD at the time, it was the only domestic way to play it. I was eying importing the Ys 1 & 2 release for PC, but I stalled on that. By the time the TG CD version came to virtual console, the DS version was also on the horizon, so I waited to see how that turned out. When the DS version turned out kinda lousy, I eyed the PC release again, but before long the PSP version was announced.

Regardless of all that, I finished LocoRoco 2 (PSP). Turns out I was a lot closer to the end than I thought when I put it down last.
    solo wrote: »
    VVVVVV (PC). Man, was last year a good year for indie platformers. Between this and Super Meat Boy, I died over 3000 times and loved almost every minute of it.The open-map format is also unique and wonderful. On a side note, that music! Wonderful!

Oh yeah.

After playing the demo, I bought both the game and the soundtrack at the same time. Personal favourites include Predestined Fate, Potential for Anything and Pressure Cooker.
This discussion has been closed.