If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Pressure Cooker has the best music in the game (imo).
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    1/7/2011 - Silent Line: Armored Core (PS2). Completed the story mode and made it to the top of the arena rankings, using save data converted from AC3. The end wasn't quite as much of a resolution as AC3's was, but it sets up into Nexus quite nicely. With this, I've beaten every Armored Core game I have except for Armored Core 2: Another Age, Armored Core: Formula Front and Armored Core: Nine Breaker, and the latter two will probably not get much play due to the lack of a proper campaign mode. I do, however, intend to get the other two PS1 Armored Core games. It's been a fun time playing all these supremely awesome games in the series. All franchises should be this consistently solid, we'd be much happier gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    God of War 3 (PS3)

Not great, but not bad. The set pieces were awesome, the gameplay was average, and the plot was huh? I believe other games have taken what the original God of War did so well and sprinted right past this series.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    The first casualty of the new year for me is Fallout: New Vegas (PC). I went with the Wild Card path, but I saved right before I made the choice that locked me out of the other paths. So I can go back at some point and work through them without too much trouble. Though, I suspect one of them will take a while, as a ton of quests related to it failed when I made my choice. Should still be lots to do.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished my first game for the year, another Vanquish (Xbox 360) finisher. Was highly enjoyable, too short to be worth paying full release price imo for but was certainly a great use of £20.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    7thCircle wrote: »
    God of War 3 (PS3)

Not great, but not bad. The set pieces were awesome, the gameplay was average, and the plot was huh? I believe other games have taken what the original God of War did so well and sprinted right past this series.

I was thinking that as soon as I started playing God of War 3. I ended up putting it down after an hour or two because frankly, it just doesn't work anymore. It's been done so much better by everyone else and their grandmothers too.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished and S-ranked Costume Quest [XBLA] and it's DLC; Grubbins on Ice. I loved the game to pieces. Incredibly enjoyable games and fun little diversions to boot. I do hope that there is more to come from the series thought. DLC, another game, whatever they have to do to keep this going. The cliffhanger ending makes me want to jump back in for more! Don't leave me hanging Double Fine!
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished Duke Nukem 3D (PC: Windows via eDuke32). I've had a co-op game ongoing with a friend of mine for a while. Today we finally picked it up again and finished Episode 3.

In other news, I gave in and picked up the PSP version of Ys: Oath in Felghana, so I will probably be replaying that next.
    edited January 2011
    Knocked out Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (DS). I'd been on the last case for a bit. It's funny how many games I seem to always have mostly finished at the end of a given year just waiting to be finished off.

Anyway, it was amusing, the characters were characterful, and I don't think I'll be playing the next one for a while.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga (PC)
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360).

A step forward for the series in some areas and backwards in others.
    +: Awesome story, awesome combat, improved sidequests.
    -: bugs, Lairs of Romulus < Assassin's Tombs,

+/-: EPIC cliffhanger ending
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Completed and S-ranked Dead Rising 2: Case West [XBLA]. I love these little mini chunks of Dead Rising... I can't really handle the arbitrary time limit and archaic save design of the full games but when it's cut up into bitty chunks like this, I'm more than into it. Losing your entire game and having to start over because of dying is lame, but I feel it's much more manageable in these smaller games. Maybe it's all in my head and I'd love the proper games if I'd get into them, I just can't seem to get a grip on it in the scope of a real game.
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished the other day

New Super Mario Brothers on the DS.
    Didn't get all the coins, going back slowly and getting some of them between dungeon runs on Etrian Odyssey 3 and maps of Yggdra Union. Finally after 2 years, Persona 4 will be finished this month! :)

-Kel
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Katamari Forever (PS3) - Though it was mostly my wife's game, she had me playing it more often than not.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited January 2011
    Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - OK, I beat the NES portion of it, but I still saw the credits so it fits, consarnit. Not going to jump into the postgame content until I beat V and then VI at the very least, but that's more burnout after 30+ hours than anything. Also, it was kinda easier going through with the female PC than I expected.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited January 2011
    The post game content doesn't really take that long, thankfully. Glad to get it done and over with.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2011
    Finished 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (DS) as my first game of the year! I got most of the endings, but I'm missing one bad ending and just decided to look it up. Seems like it was the most boring one in the game too.

Fantastic game though. When I heard about the short length, I really didn't think it was worthy of a purchase. Maybe it was because I was used to the length and more innovative puzzles of Phoenix Wright, or perhaps it was just that I didn't like other Aksys localized games. Regardless, when I first started playing, I was hooked from begining to multiple end. The story was just fantastic, much better than most of what I've come across lately. It was also incredibly atmospheric, there was a tension hanging in the air supported by several tunes that complimented the mood well. The puzzles were a little boring, I admit, but most of the time there was a break period in which the player was told a side story or interacted with individual characters to learn more about them, which was reward enough. If I actually played this game in 2010, this would have been my sleeper hit of the year, and anything less than a 9 would do it injustice, I think! :p
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like I need to get a copy of 999.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Been seeing masses of love for it, become the latest item on my import list, just wish every country had the epically quick postal system Japan has.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited January 2011
    It would help if every country was roughly the size of California :P

But yeah, even shipping internationally is fast from Japan. Why does it take me 3 days to get something from Japan, and also 3 days to get something from elsewhere in the same state I live in? DOES NOT COMPUTE!
    edited January 2011
    Completed House M.D.: Case Files (PC). Awesome dialogue, wretched mini-game treatments.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Just completed Mass Effect 2 [Xbox 360]. Loved it. :)
    edited January 2011
    That was fast. Frogs Vs Storks (PC)
  • UnfortunatesUnfortunates Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood -PS3
    Sly Cooper: Thievius Racoonus - PS3
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves - PS3
    Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - PS3

AC: Brotherhood surpassed my expectations. I was expecting a very short expansion-like game but I was pleasantly surprised. Plus the multiplayer is actually quite enjoyable. The Sly Collection I got as a gift and I have to say I hate that I never played them back on the PS2 they are fantastic games!
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates
    3DS Friend code - 2320-6129-4261 (nickname Zukkar)

Feel free to add me!
  • solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited January 2011
    I just got the A ending in Nier (360). I then immediately restarted and was
    Spoiler:
    unpleasantly surprised by the astounding length of Kaine's origin story to read before the first save point.
    Even so, I'll keep going through to see the rest.
    Spoiler:
    I did run into the fishing fail for a while, though. At least that won't have to happen again!
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2011
    I just completed Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen for the DS. It's certainly not a bad way to get introduced to the Dragon Quest series. I enjoyed it, for what it was worth.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited January 2011
    I just completed Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen for the DS. It's certainly not a bad way to get introduced to the Dragon Quest series. I enjoyed it, for what it was worth.
    Nice, Dragon Quest V is really good as well, so you have more fun to look forward to.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors [DS]. Got a stinker of an ending. I'm going to keep replaying the game as I see fit, because I do want to see the true ending, but my review games really need to take priority at the moment. Still, what a nifty game!
    edited January 2011
    Cthulhu Saves the World (XBLIG) is finished. Loved it, so now to work on the review.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii).
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
This discussion has been closed.