If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2011
    Finished Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) today.

Pretty good game here, but I think playing it right after the stellar 999 naturally impacted my opinion of the story. Gameplay was mostly enjoyable, the puzzles were much more innovative interesting to figure out than 999's were, and some of them were very satisfying to solve. Others however required exact timing or 1 time events, where if you messed up or did things in the wrong order, you are forced to continue looking for what you might have to do, only to realize you need to restart from a checkpoint, which is quite frustrating. The plot started off very slow, but handled itself pretty well in spite of it's subject material (amnesia etc). I felt as if it didn't get going at all untill 6 out of 18. The ending was thoroughly enjoyable, although I thought one aspect was needlessly thrown in for drama purposes and went a bit overboard. Overall I'd say its a little better than Apollo Justice was, but not quite as good as most of the PW trilogy or Miles Edgeworth even though it had a colorful cast of characters.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    1/16/11 - Quake 3 Arena (PC) - Hurt Me Plenty difficulty through all seven tiers. Xaero is a pain in the rear until you figure out that you're supposed to rail duel him. Took me a few tries, but I got through it OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space (PS3) - My final run through after getting my platinum is complete. Dead Space 2, I am truly ready for you.
    Dead Space: Ignition (PS3) - One of the worst games I have ever played. So frustrating. If I did not want the suit you get for Dead Space 2 by beating it, I'd never have touched it.
    Halo: Reach (X-Box 360) - Epic.
    Deadly Premonition (X-Box 360) - SUCH an awesome game, screw the critics on this one.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Radiant Historia (DS). My thoughts will have to wait awhile, but eventually everyone will have access to them.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Puzzle Kingdoms [PC]
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Just knocked out Aphelion: Episode Two – Wings of Omega [XBLIG]. Definitely a much more polished experience compared to the first game. Except a review on site tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    And the first update of 2011 had just occurred!

I have every plan on doing this yesterday, but I was drugged out of my stupid little mind because of a tooth removal. Painkillers goooooooood, man.
    edited January 2011
    Just completed Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay [PS3]! On to episode 3! :)
  • UnfortunatesUnfortunates Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Tales of Graces F (PS3)
    LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)

Of course you can't "finish" LBP2 but I completed the story levels and creation tutorial and published a level so I guess that counts.
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates
    3DS Friend code - 2320-6129-4261 (nickname Zukkar)

Feel free to add me!
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Final Fantasy XIII [PS3]

Used Lightning, Sazh and Vanille. Tried to defeat the final boss a few days ago, but didn't manage to win. Went back to Pulse, killed more than half of the marks. Upgraded some weapons and accessories. Went back today and five starred the bastard.
    Took me 5:20 to bring it down.

Started the battle with:
    MED/SYN/SAB

then mixed it up with:
    MED/SYN/MED
    COM/RAV/RAV

I'm satisfied with the game. It isn't that the game is awful or anything, but this wasn't what I was expecting after waiting for five years. Great graphics(technical and design), music and some very cool locations. Bad story and script, did not like the characters very much. The battle system was hit and miss, I liked it, but it wasn't very challenging, even less than other FF games. The AI would not always do what I was hoping for. I'm happy I played it and I will most probably pick up FFXIII-2 day one.

The ending made no sense to me at all. I'm not saying it just because, I actually have no idea what was going on.

7,5/10
    edited January 2011
    Oh Chaos Seed, how you defy convention all over the place. Having seen the credits thrice despite making it through a comparatively small portion of the game, I can actually say I've beaten it, even when I've only seen a few scenarios.
    No, I'm not going to explain it. I'll review it someday, but not in this forum thread.

It was on the Saturn.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    You forgot to mention a system, Dood!
    edited January 2011
    I do my own updating, so it doesn't matter.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished Crisis Core for the PSP. Weird, I thought I was going to hate it! 2nd best PSP game I've played so far. In a way, it was kinda like playing a remake of FF7 so yeah. The ending was sad but I thought it was going to be sadder. The only thing that kinda irked me about the game is the way "random" encounters are done. If you step back into that same place, you trigger the fight again even if you had just fought it.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited January 2011
    In with two entries for the new year. Shining Force (GEN) as part of the Year of Classic RPGs and Splosion Man (XBLA). Now I've got a couple of weeks to take care of my backlog before February.
    edited January 2011
    Just completed Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 3 - Lair of the Leviathan [PS3]. I love you, Murray. Onward to episode 4!
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Super Robot Wars J - GBA

Beat this one using Calvina and the Coustwell. Started a new game with Toya and the Granteed. FUn game. And beating it with Calvina gives a slightly girlie ending which makes this man happy too.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Alpha Protocol (PS3)

Really enjoyed this game. The choices you made in dealing with characters throughout really seemed to matter, for the most part. The game play had some let-down moments, as others on this site have said. Most notably in regards to the boss fights, which could be frustrating, especially at the end. But I really liked role-play aspect of it all, and may play again sometime to see how differently things can turn out.
    edited January 2011
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    I do my own updating, so it doesn't matter.

As the case may be, I'd still like to see systems listed, if only for uniformity so people don't get the wrong idea.

So, please. If you would.
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished Sly 2 on PS2 today. Now it's on to finishing Persona 4 finally. Sly 2 was in the P4 case so that's why I finished that instead. 4 more PS2 games till i'm done with all my backlog on the PS2.

-Kel
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Keldarus wrote: »
    4 more PS2 games till i'm done with all my backlog on the PS2.

-Kel

You can do it, bro. We
    Spoiler:
    don't
    believe in you!
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    So cold, Clix.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah dude, Ice burn.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Though it's a month late and that marathon has since finished, I finally completed Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii). I didn't quite do everything I wanted in the playthrough: I wanted to do the Twilight Place Katz quest, and complete Gladsheim, but I was running out of time for the marathon and skipped Twilight Palace, and figured I may as well leave Gladsheim alone, too.

Anyway, while I kind of understand why half the fan base for Tales of Symphonia dislike this game, I simply cannot sympathize. Yes, it's not as good as the first, but I just love this game. The good ending always leave me with a smile on my face. :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished Digital: A Love Story (PC).
    *sniff sniff*
    edited January 2011
    Just polished off Venetica [Xbox 360]. Review coming either tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2011
    I'm long since the time where i count 100% as completed, thusly, I have donw all that I want to in Sengoku Basara 3 on the Wii. (25/1/11).

I've activatd every character, and passed of them at least once. Thats enough for me. Still put ample time into the game as is.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Beat Castle Crashers on the 360. Started a new game with my sister and her BF and we eventually finished it over the course of a few casual get togethers.
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3). Now time to replay for different endings. :3
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
    edited January 2011
    Finished Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3). Now time to replay for different endings. :3

Yay! Another person who liked Roro! :D
This discussion has been closed.