If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Clix wrote: »
    You can do it, bro. We
    Spoiler:
    don't
    believe in you!

Hah, considering it's taken me over two years to finish Persona 4, I'm not surprised ;)

-kel
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finished Ys: the Oath in Felghana (PSP). Just as good as I remember it on PC. Though I don't remember the double-boost being in the PC version; I should re-load my save and check my memory.
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Nyx wrote: »
    Yay! Another person who liked Roro! :D

Yep! It was a fun game. :) I dunno exactly why, but I've been very addicted to it lately. It just has a certain charm, I guess.
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • UnfortunatesUnfortunates Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Mass Effect 2 PS3

Wow. If I would have played this last year it would have been my RPG and game of the year. Sucks that I decided not to play it on PC. This game is just fantastic. Huge improvement over the first in many ways. I cannot wait for ME3 now!
    Spoiler:
    Managed to save all of my team as well during the suicide mission. Will be going back to do a Insanity playthrough next then I shall have my platinum trophy.
    :love:
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates
    3DS Friend code - 2320-6129-4261 (nickname Zukkar)

Feel free to add me!
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Good luck, Unfortunates... the Insanity run can be very frustrating with certain classes. Also, I recommend using a fresh character instead of one that is leveled up. Seems counter-intuitive, but it will make your job easier.

Finished Doritos Crash Course (XBLA) today. For a free game, it was actually pretty fun at first, before it got frustrating in Japan.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Updated once again. Still working on getting the hang of weekly updates. Hopefully I'll get it down shortly. Sorry for not having them on Sundays like I mentioned, I keep getting busy on Sunday lately.

In updating, I added Dead Space 2 [PS3] for myself, which I finished just tonight. So freaking great. The tension that the game brings is second to none.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited January 2011
    FFX-2 (PS2). I stand by my argument that if this was accurate, Live Aid would have ended all African war and famine. It didn't, so this is pure bunkum.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Finally polished off Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS. Had about 90+ hours on it before but the last boss took a lot of prep, so yeah... Pretty neat neutral ending for me.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished off Luminous Arc 2 [DS] finally. Felt like my IQ took a nasty beating throughout the experience. Clearly, I hate myself. Now to mail this back to Jumes so I never ever have to see it again. :D
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Just beat Costume Quest (PS3) in time to go home!
    edited January 2011
    Finished Bonded Realities [XBLIG]. Review coming soon.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Yakuza 3 (PS3). I enjoyed it even though the pacing is awful and the open world setup is a decade behind what western developers have been doing. Loved Rikiya as a sidekick. Hated the orphanage quests. I spent the game hoping that the orphanage would be destroyed and nothing bad would happen to Rikiya.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • UnfortunatesUnfortunates Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space PS3
    Dead Space 2 PS3
    Dead Space: Extraction PS3
    Dead Space iPhone

Had a Dead Space marathon as I had never played the original and thought I'd finally give it a try because of all the hype, and man I am glad I did. Fantastic series! The iPhone Dead Space actually is extremely good. It is not a remake of the first game but actually takes place between 1 and 2.
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates
    3DS Friend code - 2320-6129-4261 (nickname Zukkar)

Feel free to add me!
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2011
    Finished Mass Effect 2 (PS3). Played through as an Infiltrator, and mostly ran with Thane and Tali. Really wish Legion was available earlier in the game as I liked him too. Everyone lived.

Really good game, and I can see now why it was reviewed so positively. I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else did, but I still found it very enjoyable, particularly the combat. My biggest gripe was the lack of guns/equipment in general. For a shooting game, I have never seen such a small selection of weapons. I did like most of the characters personalities and their loyalty missions quite a bit, but the main story was rather boring. Not much else to say that hasn't been said, looking forward to playing the third game now to see if anything serious happens from the choices I made.
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Yakuza 3 (PS3). I enjoyed it even though the pacing is awful and the open world setup is a decade behind what western developers have been doing. Loved Rikiya as a sidekick. Hated the orphanage quests. I spent the game hoping that the orphanage would be destroyed and nothing bad would happen to Rikiya.

You pretty much summed up my opinion on this exactly, lol.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Just beat Ghost Trick (DS). Aside from the trial and error gameplay I complained about earlier, it's a fantastic game that addresses every issue I had with the Ace Attorney series. The plot was extremely engaging and despite the fact I started to figure some of its tricks out, it still kept me guessing until the end credits....though unlike Ace Attorney, I never hit a plot point that felt totally contrived.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space iPhone[/B]

Had a Dead Space marathon as I had never played the original and thought I'd finally give it a try because of all the hype, and man I am glad I did. Fantastic series! The iPhone Dead Space actually is extremely good. It is not a remake of the first game but actually takes place between 1 and 2.
    I really really want to play that game. Oh man. I love the Dead Space series so much that I'm actually buying a Move to play Extraction. Yep. Next'll be an iPod touch for that too
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited January 2011
    Enslaved (360)
    Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice (PSN)

Unfortunates: are you going to play Dead Space: Ignition too?
    179811.png
    edited January 2011
    I did. Only to add to the story... But holy crap. What a hot mess of a game that was. So terrible... If you didn't get it through a preorder... I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Nyx wrote: »
    Finished off Luminous Arc 2 [DS] finally. Felt like my IQ took a nasty beating throughout the experience. Clearly, I hate myself. Now to mail this back to Jumes so I never ever have to see it again. :D
    Apparently, I have bad tastes in games. :(

I know, I know, different strokes for different folks. I'm just being silly. :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Death Knight (Iphone)
    edited January 2011
    Apparently, I have bad tastes in games. :(

I know, I know, different strokes for different folks. I'm just being silly. :)

I still love and adore you Strawberry, I just couldn't stand that game. :) Your taste is fine. I'm blaming this one on Jumes!
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    Finished Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS), enjoyed it, although did seem maybe a bit easy some of the time. Did defeat the final boss in three turns (but there were a couple of failed attempts on it initially). Missed two Djinn early on but got the rest so ended up with 70.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited January 2011
    If you blame me for Luminous Arc 2, Nyx, I'm blaming you for The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road. In no way did I lead you to believe that LA2 was going to make you happy, did I? DID I?
    Strawberry Eggs: my stance hasn't changed since I reviewed LA 2 and you observed the fundamental difference between our respective views of the title. What's interesting is that Nyx appears to have responded even less positively than I did.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2011
    Indeed, I believe I was the one assuring you, Nyx, that the second game was much better than the first. So I think it was more my fault than Jumes' ^^;

I'm just a bit bemused that people would dislike LA2's story that much. I didn't think it got that much dumber than most RPGs can get. I really liked most of the characters, too. They could have been better developed, but they were certainly better than the first game's. But like I said before, "different strokes fro different folks." :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Just wrapped up Aqua's story in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PSP). Getting faster at completing this with each character. On to the bonus chapter, I think.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited February 2011
    Finished Dead Space 2 (PS3) on Zealot difficulty.

Awesome game here, loved every tension packed minute of it. My only complaint would be that the main story didn't seem as fleshed out or well explained as it could have been. Nearly everything else was improved upon as far as I can remember form the first Dead Space. Probably would have been scarier too if I had never played the first one.
  • RewindRewind Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    For my first completed game of 2011, I chose to an oldie but a goodie (at least for me)

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (via Wii)

I've had my Wii over a year, and it's the first game I decide to download (actually it's the first game I've purchased for it in almost a year). I was actually surprised by how much I remembered from playing it years ago, and while it is lacking in many areas, it was still a fun romp.

Unfortunately, it may be the last game I complete for a while as 2 of the 3 games I have on tap are not what I would call easy.
    PSN: TLDragoon
    edited February 2011
    Just completed Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood [PS3]. Only one more game left and then I guess I'll have to go backwards and play the Secret of Monkey Island and LeChuck's Revenge. :(
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Completed Shadow Complex (XBLA)... sort of. I really just reloaded a save near the end of the game so I could go back and find the other 20% of items that I was missing to get the Completionist achievement. But I did beat it and the credits ran, so it counts.
  • valsarvalsar Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded [DS] As much as I enjoyed it, I don't really plan on getting 20/30 trophies to see the secret video in game.
This discussion has been closed.