If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I know there's some mods set in revolutionary united states, the civil war, and napoleonic times
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    The designers would have to completely rethink traditional shooter design conventions because of the nature of the technology at the time. It would be a unique experience. Something NEW.

I'd play that. Be limited to just that one or a few shots and then being forced to charge an enemy with knife or bayonet in hand. It would be pretty intense in a forested or dark setting. You detect movement in the foliage. Spin around and fire at a passing shadow and then an enemy charges out of the nearby brush and runs you through. Cavalry charges, gatling guns, cannons, heck maybe even passing trains with mounted turrets could be treated as special abilities. Knowing how much the FPS guys like to complain about how skilled shots should be king in shooters, being limited to just that one shot should make them very happy; otherwise, it's just proof they're big whiners.

Anywho, any game done well enough should rock regardless of the setting.
    edited November 2011
    Oh and as for the WW2 eastern front... There's Red Orchestra which is pretty realistic. Also notable for introducing iron sights and active reload I think.
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited November 2011
    The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (360)
    I should write a review, but I probably won't. I'm blaming Skyrim (which is to say, I'm lazy and hate writing and am a terrible person). Fun game, great co-op, lovely inclusion of Lore that tickles a Lord of the Rings fan. Play it when they put out a patch that prevents the saving bugs, or just back up your save file every chapter to a usb drive. Worth playing, only worth $60 if you're playing with a friend and get into it and go for the high difficulty levels. Or if you're just that big of a LotR nerd...like me. Eagle freaking owns. 3.5/5 Repetitiveness, poor UI design, and tech issues keep it from getting any higher.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link (PC)
    It's more Deus Ex, so it's just as fun as the main game. Play it and enjoy the novel/Deus Ex 1 tie-ins and the last line of the credits
    179811.png
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Batman Arkham City [PS3]

Main story was a bit short and there were some problems with the camera. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Voice acting, visual design and controls were all great. There's also a lot of side content that is very fun to do. Will do some more side quests and probably try some of the challenge maps.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited November 2011
    Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)

Meant to rent All for One, but they gave me this by mistake. A step down from A Crack in Time, but I'm pretty sure it was made earlier too. Most of the game was really easy, but the last boss took a few tries.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited November 2011
    Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (DS)
    I'll go into more details on my thread. Pretty good game overall, despite the language barrier.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2011
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    Arc The Lad (PS1) via the PSN. Short, easy and requires more games to satisfy the urge to kill certain villainous characters. At least I have successfully put a PS1 classic game onto my PSP (after much difficulty with updating..).

I got this from the Euro PSN only to find out we got the Japanese version over here. :(
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Nim wrote: »
    I got this from the Euro PSN only to find out we got the Japanese version over here. :(
    I dont know but i seem to be the only person iv heard who downloaded it bacause it was in japanese.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited November 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - Absolutely loved this game. My favorite Mario since Super Mario World, yes, it is that good.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Enslaved - 360 It's a really great game and seemed to have slipped under most people's radar with how fast the price dropped. Ninja Theory can really tell a story and animate well, both this have Heavenly Sword were great stories and this was a great game. It's definately worth checking out if you haven't and goes for around $20 new.

-Kel
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Record of Agarest War Zero (360).
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) So good! Going back for more coins.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Keldarus wrote: »
    Enslaved - 360 It's a really great game and seemed to have slipped under most people's radar with how fast the price dropped. Ninja Theory can really tell a story and animate well, both this have Heavenly Sword were great stories and this was a great game. It's definately worth checking out if you haven't and goes for around $20 new.

-Kel

I found the controls to be a bit sticky, but other than that yea, it was a good game, though definitely too short to warrant the original $60 asking price.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited November 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [PC]
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    omegabyte wrote: »
    I found the controls to be a bit sticky, but other than that yea, it was a good game, though definitely too short to warrant the original $60 asking price.

I loved this game to death, thought it was a highly underrated title. Beautiful world, though yes, very short. I thought I got my money's worth though.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (X360). Still have some odds and ends to clean up, along with the DLC. It's a shame I picked this one up so late, because I love the multiplayer on it. It is just impossible to find a game any more. I'll be starting on Revelations soon, but I'm worried that the storyline is becoming needlessly complex and will never resolve itself in any satisfying manner. Still, you can't go wrong with stabbing people in the face.
    edited November 2011
    Dead Island (360). When all is said and done, I judge this game to be a moderately good RPG held back by a few questionable design decisions and annoying glitches (spent $30k upgrading this awesome hammer I found and then it just disappeared from my inventory!). Looking forward to what will hopefully be a much improved sequel.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited November 2011
    Forgive me Zeboyd, for I have sinned...I procrastinated too much.

Cthulhu Saves the World (PC)

I only now beat the game, after having waited about a month and a half. Lovely game it was, and I do await your next release oh makers of the insane.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Got the achievement that says I beat the full game, so I suppose The Binding of Isaac (PC) is done. It's probably a bad sign that nothing in the game seemed remotely gross to me; there could have been no blood, anuses, corpses, or vomit and it would have been the same experience to me. Two exceptions: Mom's Pad as a weapon and Isaac peeing on the floor when his health is critically low both always made me giggle. I only fought it once, but the worm boss that attacks by puking poison out of its mouth and gushing blood out of its anus was a funny concept.

Great balance between difficulty, luck, and skill in a randomized crawler, and in ~20 attempts I only saw about half the items in the game so it's very replayable.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited November 2011
    Planescape: Torment (PC).
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Final Fantasy V Advanced - GBA

Enjoy this game, enjoy how after you get a ton of classes mastered your freelancer job owns everything in the face.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360).

Enjoyable, but not as good as Brotherhood IMHO. Good story, but the new gameplay additions were hit-or-miss (+: hookblade, -: annoying den defences, mostly useless bombs). The Desmond memory sequences were very interesting (and the reward for completing them all is strangely hilarious) and a couple of the Masayaf Key dungeons were great. Other than that, the Hagia Sofia "secret" level was the highlight of the game.
    edited November 2011
    Well, whaddya know! I also just completed Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360)...well, I will by the end of tonight anyway. I just wanted to say "whaddya know!".

Also not my favourite AC. It's a good thing this franchise has a great story because the gameplay is starting to feel tedious: jump here, climb there, grab this, wrestle with the controls here, get frustrated when Ezio does the complete opposite of what I want him to do, etc. This AC is also more unpolished and I encountered some weird bugs during my time with the game. At one point, an entire troupe of guards by a templar den spotted me...and then began attacking eachother! I guess Ezio has some fans.

I still enjoy the tomb/lair/key dungeons. The highlight for me was the River Chase.
    edited November 2011
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Well, whaddya know! I also just completed Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360)...well, I will by the end of tonight anyway. I just wanted to say "whaddya know!".

Also not my favourite AC. It's a good thing this franchise has a great story because the gameplay is starting to feel tedious: jump here, climb there, grab this, wrestle with the controls here, get frustrated when Ezio does the complete opposite of what I want him to do, etc. This AC is also more unpolished and I encountered some weird bugs during my time with the game. At one point, an entire troupe of guards by a templar den spotted me...and then began attacking eachother! I guess Ezio has some fans.

I still enjoy the tomb/lair/key dungeons. The highlight for me was the River Chase.

Must say thats one of the best most amuzing bugs I've ever heard of
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited November 2011
    Funny as hell. Not so much because they attacked eachother, but because of the context. This from the guy who used to assassinate people in Oblivion by Frenzying my target and watching him/her attack a guard. I should have used the distraction to capture the den, but I was too busy laughing.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited November 2011
    No weird glitches in my playthough (only the usual "oh sorry I thought you wanted to jump backwards off this tall building, not climb higher up it" control curiosities), but I recall a highly amusing/slightly creepy invincible and apparently pacifistic guard in Brotherhood. He'd get back up every time I assassinated him, but never retaliated (or fled, for that matter).
    edited November 2011
    Final Fantasy V Advanced - GBA

Enjoy this game, enjoy how after you get a ton of classes mastered your freelancer job owns everything in the face.

I wish I could "Whaddaya Know" you on this one (Holy Hivemind, Batman), but I just started The Rift last night. This is my second trip through the game (PSX version was the first) and I'm actually mastering jobs this time around (I didn't know about the passive bonuses applying to Mime/Freelancer) which should make the final boss go down a lot easier this time.
    edited November 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    I wish I could "Whaddaya Know" you on this one (Holy Hivemind, Batman), but I just started The Rift last night. This is my second trip through the game (PSX version was the first) and I'm actually mastering jobs this time around (I didn't know about the passive bonuses applying to Mime/Freelancer) which should make the final boss go down a lot easier this time.

Only advice I have is make sure to wear a shield. Ninja's duel wield over rides it but between Artful Dodger, Shiradori (think thats the skill) and a shield it's very rare to get hit.

I'm currently finishing up mastering classes and other things. Got over half of the 25 masterable classes mastered .... all the melee heavy ones. Sadly the final class is only after you beat the after game dungeon which is really hard.
    sig.gif

edited November 2011
    Only advice I have is make sure to wear a shield. Ninja's duel wield over rides it but between Artful Dodger, Shiradori (think thats the skill) and a shield it's very rare to get hit.

I noticed shields make a ton of difference. When I was running through the pyramid I had Bartz playing as a tank using Knight with HP+30% while Krile and Faris donned the mage robes. Utter bliss.

When I played this game over a decade ago (wow it's been that long) I didn't understand some of the RPG archtypes (ie. tank, dps, etc.) like I do now. Although FF isn't really a series you need to strategize that heavily it does help with making good party compositions. I'm mostly running a 50/50 split between melee and mages all this game, and started focusing on the main classes once I hit the 3rd world. Krile and Faris each almost have the 4 main mage classes mastered :)
This discussion has been closed.