If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Finished Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky [PSP].
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (PS3).
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Saints Row: the Third (PC)
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Costume Quest (XBLA) What a fun little game. A whimsical, fun diversion. Glad I finally got around to playing it.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Bainick's passing games again! Someone should stop him!

Anywho, Mario Kart 7 is basically passed. Never takes me long to pass the game early on, but then it's playing the little games I make for Mario Kart 7 (3DS) that gives it its worth. And yes, it only came out today.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I just beat Dark Souls for the 360. I might've underestimated the lock on feature in this game. I never used it once except for the last boss battle where it was super useful. I had a good 100 hours but I think there was a lot of 'break time' where I wasn't actually playing. I tried not to use a strategy guide or any any faqs at first but this game is just so unforgiving.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    12/4/2011 - Saint's Row: The Third (360). Normal difficulty. That's one hell of a ride! One of the best games of the year, bar none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Mass Effect (PC)

Been a good 4 years since I last played and beat this, and it's still as good as it was originally. If ONLY I could bring EVERYBODY with me for the final battle, that way I could hear all of their remarks. Too bad the Mako can only hold 3...
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Finished up Assassin's Creed: Revelations [360] last night. It was a great game with some very poignant moments in the fiction, Especially the end. I have a very bittersweet feeling with the fact that I'll never play Ezio or Altair in a new Assassin's Creed game, but the conclusion of their stories was so... right, that I can't really complain too much. I just hope that whatever new protagonist that they make (unless the next game is Desmond only) is as compelling as those two were.

Requiescat in pace, Ezio and Altair
    edited December 2011
    Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

No words can describe how much I hate this game. The AI is overly cheap and loves to pull off combinations of hell that they shouldn't be able to pull off in 50cc. Last lap of the final track for the Flower Cup, got hit with 3 Blue Shells, 4 Red Shells, and 1 Green Shell...when I was less than 3 feet from the goal! Ended up getting last place there due to that. Don't expect me to continue with this game any longer, I probably won't.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Last lap of the final track for the Flower Cup, got hit with 3 Blue Shells, 4 Red Shells, and 1 Green Shell

This right here is why I stopped caring about Mario Kart, or indeed, any game of that type. I think Penny Arcade put it best when talking about another game of the "powerup-based car combat" type, namely Blur.

881006463_iFrkB-L.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1). Based on thoughts around here, taking 60 hours to finish this is rushing through.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Crimson Gem Saga (PSP)
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Catherine (PS3) Enjoyed the story a lot. Some great twists, but MAN is that game HARD.. Like REALLY hard, and I feel it went on a few puzzles too many, but overall worth playing, but playing on easy is the way to go unless you're a HARDCORE trophy hutner.

-Kel
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Completed Dead Island to my standards which is to say I played through the game with all 4 characters. It's a shame the game didn't live up to its potential in the long term. At first it was tolerable because the game had not been patched yet, but the patches came and the majority didn't work and those changes that did work actually reduced the flow of the game. I'm still looking forward to the sequel and hope the game takes advantage of its potential, but for now, Borderlands with melee weapons and zombies this game is not.

I feel a little guilty about never playing the game online, but with Skyrim sitting on my shelf and giving me puppy dog eyes and even more great RPG's on the horizon, I just can't justify the potential time sink.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Finally finished The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

This is probably my second favorite Zelda game just behind Link to the Past. I'm not really a huge Zelda fan, but this game was fun throughout and held my attention much better than any other game in the series has since LTTP. My only real complaints were controls and the feeling like a little too much content got reused. Hopefully the next Zelda is as likable and easy to play as this one was.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Oh that nice to know, since my favorite is A Link to the past too! Thanks for the info :)
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Finished Disgaea 4 (PS3). Same game, same skin, same interface as all the others. On one hand it is the best in the series considering the tiny, minor tweaks made it ever so slightly more interesting to play. On the other hand, the interface is treading into DQ land where many inconveniences in the interface have lingered for too long. The story and script were totally phoned in, which was disappointing since that's the only thing that really separates one Disgaea game from another. This was the least funny NIS SRPG I've played. If I didn't have a big stack of 2011 games to play at the moment, I'd probably goof around with it more like I usually do, but I expect Assassin's Creed, Batman, and Saint's Row to all be more fun.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Metal Slug(PSP) from the Metal Slug Anthology
    a fun small shooter game, when I need a "small" break from RPG
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls: Final Fantasy (GBA)

Just thought I'd toss this in for the year. Quick game now a days compared to the NES version
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited December 2011
    Persistence paid off, and finally Parasite Eve (PS1) is done. What's that, there's an EX Mode? I'm disenchanted with the game, so I won't be exploring that.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2011
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    What's that, there's an EX Mode? I'm disenchanted with the game, so I won't be exploring that.

You're not missing much unless you want a psudeo-randomized dungeon crawl. Which, to be honest, is best attempted after 2-3 playthroughs of the base game and dumping as many of your stat boosts into a single weapon/armor pair.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited December 2011
    The reward for reaching the top is the final battle for the alternate ending, which sadly is the canon ending. The ending sucks though, and you can look for the fight on youtube to watch.
    edited December 2011
    Good ol' Youtube. Exactly what I did. Traipsing through all - 80? - floors of the Chrysler Building seems like work to me, especially when the Ultimate Being took me seven tries to finally down.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited December 2011
    WarioWare: Micro Megagame$ (GBA on 3DS)

Good to get back on the list.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I beat Tales of the Abyss (PS2) just now. A lot of good things marred by some bad technically issues and occasionally moments of floppy writing for the sake of drama. That said, I did enjoy all of the characters. I still think Tales of Vesperia is the best of the three I've played with Tales of the Abyss second. Did renew resolve to get Tales of Graces F when it comes out.

Oh... a month or two ago, I completed Pokemon SoulSilver (DS). It looks like I updated my list for Platinum but not SoulSilver...

P.S.: My list is still with those of the staff; if you want to move it over to the normal listing when updating, please do so. I'm happy I got a little more gaming in this year before Christmas... Surprised I beat a new game, since I've been in such a rut.
    edited December 2011
    Oh. I had no idea you weren't staff no mo'.

I'll fix it on the next update.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Beat Guardian Heroes (XBLA) on normal mode. Only did one path, but I guess it counts.

Super fun game, but I forgot just how short it is. The different moves and magics every character has is just awesome for a beat-em up style game, and it held up just as well as I remember it so long ago.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Anyone actually finished skyrim yet?
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
    edited December 2011
    Anyone actually finished skyrim yet?
    Yeah. 130 hours, a few weeks ago for me.
This discussion has been closed.