If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. 130 hours, a few weeks ago for me.
    With just one character?
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    With just one character?
    Yep! A female Nord. I'm working on a female dark elf now. But with no achievements to go after (S-ranked it with my Nord.) my drive to play a lot is wavering.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Skyrim (360) story finished.

Game of the Forever.

~77 hours so far, but still have a few Achievements to go after (except for finishing the Thieves Guild questline since I glitched myself out of turning in the final quest by selling my Thieves Guild armour and there is no way in hell I am redoing those influence Jobs) and no doubt many more interesting sidequests.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Corpse Party (PSP). I still need to play a few ex chapters and it looks like I missed unlocking a few so I'll probably come back and replay this one faq in hand at some point, most likely on the Vita whenever I get that. But the story is done so I'm calling it good for here. Great game, go play it folks.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    12/18/2011 - Tetris DS (NDS) - Marathon [200 line] mode. You know, I'd forgotten how hard that game can be. Even with infinite spin, it's easy to just screw yourself right over. It may not be old-school Tetris, but still a worthwhile experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Completed Tales of the Abyss 3D (3DS), expect a review up in the next day or two :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Completed Tales of the Abyss 3D (3DS), expect a review up in the next day or two :)

Oh cool. ...Did they touch the localization at all?

Edit: Basically, are skits still silent? And did they actually credit the actors this time?
    edited December 2011
    Clix wrote: »
    Oh cool. ...Did they touch the localization at all?

Edit: Basically, are skits still silent? And did they actually credit the actors this time?

Skits are still silent and didn't see any actors in the credits, so doesn't looks like it. It is pretty much a direct port (minus loading times) though so not too surprising.
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Mass Effect 2 (PC)

Just completed the game, with all squad members alive at the end of the mission. I was a nervous wreck during this, especially since there were several times when I was thinking that somebody was going to die. Overall, a very enjoyable game, and the Arrival DLC was very well made, considering that you're solo the entire thing. Only thing that bugs me about it is that it leaves a slight hole in the plot... I'll have to replay the game on a later date with the female Shephard to see some romance with Garrus.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    I finished up Pokemans White last night. It was ok, fun, but overall, just OK. it's terribly slow, so turning battle animations is a must. Dialogue is written with 3 and 4 year olds in mind and psychic pokemans hit like trucks against everything... I had fun as it was my first one since the original red/blue on the gameboy. I'll check back in in 3-4 more generations.

-Kel
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Saints Row: The Third (360). Fantastic game. The most fun I've had in a game this year. AC:R and Arkham City are on deck, and they have a tough act to follow.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) - Not as great as 2, but I loved the ending area. It didn't feel as padded.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Goldeneye Reloaded (360). Great game while you're on foot shooting guns. Terrible when you're not (piloting tanks, driving motorcyles, quick-time button presses, etc.). One of the worst final bosses ever. If I was invincible, I'd be bada$$ too. And I didn't get an achievement for enduring it.
    It's very impressive how they managed to maintain 50+ fps for the entire game though. The environments were detailed and the lighting great, sometimes too great, in many areas, so it's not like they held back on effects to keep things running smoothly. Sound wasn't the greatest. Maybe that's how they did it.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Finished off Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC). Still love this game. It is so cliche, yet it does almost everything right. A lower random encounter rate would possibly make it perfect. Speaking of, this puts me at a perfect 12 for 12 in the "Year of..." marathon for this year. I started and finished every game within the month prescribed to it. While that did make for a few late nights towards the end of a couple months and a blatant disregard for my XBOX 360, I'm pretty excited that I was able to do it.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Metroid Fusion (3DS VC) - My second playthrough, first was on GBA. A rough one with some frustrating spots, but I love 2D Metroid. It was worth the replay.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Parasite Eve II (PS1). The final boss certainly didn't greet me with a hug, but I had a much easier time with it than I did the finale of the first game.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2011
    JuMe, which ending did you get?
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Apparently the bad one. I don't really care - YouTube is there to show me the good one.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    12/25/2011 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360) - Combat difficulty set at Adept. Alduin is dead, the world is saved, the Stormcloaks have pushed the Empire out of Skyrim, and I'm sure the Blades will be pissed since I'm not killing Paarthonax. That ol' dragon's cool.

Character used: Female high-elf, using two-handed weapons and dragonplate armor at the time of Alduin's slaying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Bainick passes a game!

Professor Layton and the Last Specter (DS)

They always have such awesome stories.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited December 2011
    Completed The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey (PC) - 7 hours. Will try and get a review up in the next few days (I do need to try out and double-check a few things). There are some things it does well, others it doesn't.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I got lazy and quit posting, so here's my final update for the end of the year.

(rest of) August
    Nier (360)
    Mrs. Splosion Man (XBLA)

September
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)
    Fullmetal Alchemist And The Broken Angel (PS2)
    Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse Of The Crimson Elixir (PS2)
    Genma Onimusha (XBOX)
    The Da Vinci Disappearance (DLC) (360)
    Chrono Trigger (DS)

October
    Gears Of War 3 (360)
    Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny (PS2)
    Dead Space 2 (360)
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (360)

November
    Battlefield 3 (360)
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360)

December
    Kirby's Return To Dreamland (Wii)
    Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (Wii)
    The Lord Of The Rings: War In The North (360)
    The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
    It Came From Outer Space (360) (A World Of Keflings DLC)

Cheers!
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (PC) and Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii) are both games I forgot to mention somewhere along the line. The year's about over and I almost missed these two.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Tales of Vesparia - 360

Really enjoy the game. Got enough grade to get the 10x xp thing and managed to get a couple more achievements.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Mass Effect 2 for the 360. Waaaaay more polished than the first. Although I'm sad to see some of the more traditional RPG elements gone, the polish makes up for it, IMO. If they could add more RPG-centric depth to the leveling and such in the third game and keep the second's polish, then yeowza, could be great. I particularly miss getting EXP for each enemy kill, now it's just rewarded after you complete a mission.

Not sure if FB hasn't quite caught up on everyone's list but my list is missing Resonance of Fate (360) and Xenoblade (Wii). Again, disregard if you just haven't made the final update.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Finally beat a playable old-school Castlevania: Super Castlevania IV on the Snes

Tried my hand at the NES ones first but I like my controller too much to finish them
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Glory of Heracles (DS)
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Did a playthrough of Rise of Nations (PC) last week. I'm not sure why it makes lists for best strategy games so often. I suppose it's more for being different than for being better, and those lists like to spread the love.

On Christmas Eve I finished the Gears of War 3 (360) co-op campaign my brother and I started a couple months ago. I'd like to mess with it as a single player in the future since this is the first Gears I actually owned.

Unless I tear through Skyrim this week, this should be it for me this year. This is my longest list since FB started tracking it, probably because I finished almost every game I played this year. It feels like I spent much less time gaming in 2011.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Just got the bad ending on Batman: Arkham City (X360) just to see if they would let me actually do it. The answer was... kind of?
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Beat Assassin's Creed: Revelations for the 360. Mixed feelings. Probably one of the few times I can't say this was a complete step forward for the series. This is one that would have done better with another few months of development. More Altair segments probably should have been included, as they blatantly skip over ~35 years between segment 2 and 3, in which some serious events DID occur. Meanwhile, more should have been done with Desmond and Subject 16, like maybe discuss more of the Truth segments from ACII and AC:B. That said, while rushed, it is still "tight," unlike the buggy AC:B or the abridged ACII. I ran into some minor bugs and glitches but nothing serious or constant. I will commend the game for giving a personal touch to the most of the Assassin Recruitment segments and the Master Assassin quests. However, they should have included more than just one story segment for the three factions. Overall, I really like what they were attempting but it needed for more.
This discussion has been closed.