If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

1394041424345»

Comments

• KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Uncharted 3. (PS3) Loved it. Easily one of the best games I've played all year. Naughty Dog knows exactly what to do. While there were some frustrating parts like on the ships, but overall the game is goregous, plays great, has memorable and loveable characters and a fantastic story to boot. What's not to love?

-Kel
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Seventh Cross Evolution (Dreamcast). Now that was a weird one. Most games don't divulge all their plot (literally) at the very end with nothing at all before that point.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Clocked up probably my last one of the year with Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP), definitely enjoyed it, even if I was never entirely sure what on earth was going on.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2011
    I heard Eternal Punishment helps make sense of what the hell was going on, so try getting that for the PS1 if you want (or we could wait for the inevitable PSP enhanced port).
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    I heard Eternal Punishment helps make sense of what the hell was going on, so try getting that for the PS1 if you want (or we could wait for the inevitable PSP enhanced port).

I probably won't actively seek it out as I liked how it ended and I feel Eternal Punishment would destroy my take on it :P But yeah if there is an enhanced handheld port at some point it'll likely try it out.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Finished Dragon Age II (PS3). Enjoyed it more than I thought. I guess waited long enough to start it that I had let go of any expectations of it being as epic as DA:O :)

Still, the battle system improvements were welcome, along with some of the interface. Really felt like I created, and role-played as, my character in this world, which I think had a lot to do with freedom of conversational tone. It was fun, even if the overall story felt a bit uneven.

Also, finished Portal 2 (PS3), which is going to go down as my favorite game of the year. Really enjoyed the writing and the creative puzzles.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    how long do we have till the last update to add games?
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Also just finished Mass Effect 2 (PS3). A whole lot of fun. Not the biggest fan of the duck-and-cover system, but rest made it all worth it. The ending, with it's many life-or-death choices, was great. Unfortunately, one of my team died (
    Spoiler:
    Zaeed, as I messed up his mission at the beginning, he died as one of the ground team
    ), but it could've been worse, I suppose ;) Was totally ready to take on the Reapers at the end, and am excited to play ME3.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2011
    I must have taken too long between sessions, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast) was rougher than usual. Still did it.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Midnight is the last time for games this year. I'll accept some from tonight tomorrow, but anything beaten after 12:01 is officially a 2012 game.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I doubt ill finish anymore games this year so here goes from the past couple of months
    Disgaea 3 PS3
    Disgaea 4 PS3
    Rayman origins PS3
    Skyrim PS3
    Skyward sword WII
    legend of heroes: a tear of vermillion PSP
    Rune factory 3 DS
    So that makes it 18 for this year a lot better than 2010, but i know i can do better next year with all the great games coming out like FFXIII-2 and the last story.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
    edited December 2011
    As always, I'll have the new post up at midnight, and with a little luck, I'll have the list updated tomorrow so that people can look it over for errors next week and we can lock it down as a testament to our collected awesome.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I haven't posted in this thread for months, but I'll edit this post before the end of the day with the absurd amount of games. Sorry Frozen!!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I missed to list two games for 2011:
    Dead Pixels (XBLIG)
    Bejeweled 3 (XBLA)
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Beat The Third Birthday - PSP and Parasite Eve - PSX before the new year started.

Liked 3rd Birthday stand alone, did not like it when linked to Parasite Eve. But it made me want to replay Parasite Eve again. SO I DID
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited January 2012
    Still waiting for Rahl to post his list...
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I still need to cross-check the master list and my backloggery stats. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2012
    Please do. I'd like to close this list this weekend.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2012
    This should be my list for the year. Everything in bold was missing:
    Shoptroll - Games Finished: 17
    Wii
    Kirby's Return to Dreamland
    Trauma Team

PC
    Binding of Isaac
    Braid
    Jamestown
    Octodad
    Poker Night at the Inventory
    Portal 2 (+DLC)
    Privates
    Street Fighter IV

GBA
    Final Fantasy V Advance

DS
    Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box

3DS
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

PS2
    Mega Man X (Mega Man X Anniversary Collection)

PSP
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

iOS
    Infinity Blade
    Jetpack Joyride

I also beat The Cat and the Coup but I'm not totally sure that counts.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ChromotriggerChromotrigger Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    The games I completed in 2011 :)
    Games finished: 16
    NES:
    Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
    Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain

SNES:
    Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
    Soul Blazer
    Star Fox
    Super Castlevania IV
    Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

WII:
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Super Mario Galaxy

Sega Genesis/Megadrive:
    Sparkster

PS1:
    Wild Arms

PS3:
    Dead Space 2

PSN:
    Limbo

Game Boy Color:
    Dragon Quest I + II

Nintendo DS:
    Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
    Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
    edited January 2012
    My final update of the year:

Call of Duty: World At War (PS3)
    Killzone 3 (PS3)

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (X-Box 360)
    Halo 3 (X-Box 360)
    Fable 3 (X-Box 360)

Halo 2 (X-Box)
    Jade Empire (X-Box)
    Knights of the Old Republic 2 (X-Box)

Okami (PS2)

Golden Sun (DS)

Final Fantasy IV Complete (PSP)
    Lunar Harmony of the Silver Star (PSP)
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited January 2012
    Ok then. Now that that's done, I'll get to work. Thanks!
    edited January 2012
    Ok then. Now that that's done, I'll get to work. Thanks!

No. Thank you!
    edited January 2012
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that should be it people!

Thank you all for making this list what it is every year!
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    And we're officially CLOSED *smacks a rubber squeaky hammer down*
This discussion has been closed.