If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Finished Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 5 - Rise of the Pirate God [PS3]. I loved it, but now I have no more to play. ;_;
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finished up Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 (PS3). It was a fun romp, though there were a couple of really frustrating missions. Now I'm polishing off post-game content and gearing up for a Zeon run. Which I hear is more of a pain than the Federation storyline.
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    Limbo (360)
    179811.png
    edited February 2011
    sabin1001 wrote: »
    Limbo (360)

OMG Sabin is beating games? When did this happen?!
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finished Darksiders (PS3) earlier today. Had a ball. Looking forward to the next one. Great puzzle/action balance (pure action games bore me usually).
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finished up Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081 (PS3). It was a fun romp, though there were a couple of really frustrating missions. Now I'm polishing off post-game content and gearing up for a Zeon run. Which I hear is more of a pain than the Federation storyline.
    I would end lives to have that game come to the US...
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Whew! Lots of gaming since my last visit. In preparation for the sequel, I did a run through of Killzone (PS2) and Killzone 2 (PS3). Two fantastic shooters, although the second is light years ahead of the first in every way. Still uncannily the best looking FPS ever.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I would end lives to have that game come to the US...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the choices behind which Gundam games that do and do not come to the US. Lately it seems like Gundam Musou or nothing.

I mean, I know Crossfire got panned, but it had some serious issues. I still had fun with it, but 0081 is light-years ahead of it, and it's a crying shame it hasn't made it out of Japan. I suspect it would be a decent hit. Especially with all the replay and multiplayer value.
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    Ghost Trick (DS) - Fantastic game. If you liked the Phoenix Wright games I'm sure you'll like this one as well. Highly recommended, given that I basically spent the majority of the past day playing through all of it.
    179811.png
  • RewindRewind Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I wrapped up Bonk's Adventure (Wii Virtual Console) tonight. Sadly, I had to restart from the beginning because I couldn't manage to do the boss gauntlet and beat the final boss with just 3 lives. Luckily, it's a short game :D
    PSN: TLDragoon
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Bonk's Adventure on the original Turbo Grafx 16 or on the Wii Virtual Console?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    edited February 2011
    Whew! Lots of gaming since my last visit. In preparation for the sequel, I did a run through of Killzone (PS2) and Killzone 2 (PS3). Two fantastic shooters, although the second is light years ahead of the first in every way. Still uncannily the best looking FPS ever.
    Weirdly enough, I didn't like Killzone 2 at all. I perfered Killzone 1 to it. I liked being able to choose the way I accomplished missions with who I choose to take in. I could take someone like Rico in and lay down hell with that gun or I could take take them on slowly and quietly with Luger. I don't remember having that choice in KZ2. It was Sev or nothing. And frankly, I didn't like playing as Jan in Killzone 1. So why would I care about playing as Sev (who is every bit Jan.) in KZ2.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the choices behind which Gundam games that do and do not come to the US. Lately it seems like Gundam Musou or nothing.

I mean, I know Crossfire got panned, but it had some serious issues. I still had fun with it, but 0081 is light-years ahead of it, and it's a crying shame it hasn't made it out of Japan. I suspect it would be a decent hit. Especially with all the replay and multiplayer value.
    It's Namco-Bandai. They choose Gundam games like they choose Tales games. Dice Rolls. Darts. Coin Toss. You know, random games of chance.
    Rewind wrote: »
    I wrapped up Bonk's Adventure tonight. Sadly, I had to restart from the beginning because I couldn't manage to do the boss gauntlet and beat the final boss with just 3 lives. Luckily, it's a short game :D
    I hate to be a wet blanket, But I need to know the systems that you play each of the games on so that when I add them to the list, it's properly formatted. Just a friendly reminder!
  • RewindRewind Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    Bonk's Adventure on the original Turbo Grafx 16 or on the Wii Virtual Console?

On the Wii. I forgot to post that and didn't remember until I was already in bed.
    PSN: TLDragoon
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finished Phantasy Star IV on the XBox 360

Strange, I bought the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate collection in order to play Shining Force for the "Year of Classic console games" but got distracted...again:sigh:
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Two Worlds II (Xbox 360) - Review coming soon.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Lassic wrote: »
    Finished Phantasy Star IV on the XBox 360

Strange, I bought the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate collection in order to play Shining Force for the "Year of Classic console games" but got distracted...again:sigh:

Should have held off on that one until June...though I guess it is close enough that you could still chime in on the "Year of..." thread for it.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Weirdly enough, I didn't like Killzone 2 at all. I perfered Killzone 1 to it. I liked being able to choose the way I accomplished missions with who I choose to take in. I could take someone like Rico in and lay down hell with that gun or I could take take them on slowly and quietly with Luger. I don't remember having that choice in KZ2. It was Sev or nothing. And frankly, I didn't like playing as Jan in Killzone 1. So why would I care about playing as Sev (who is every bit Jan.) in KZ2.

I actually don't find that odd. The second one was actually just a streamlined interactive film FPS. I loved it, thought it was ridiculously epic and insanely beautiful, but I can totally understand your gripes. There wasn't much in the way of tactics or choice in KZ2.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • cidsacidsa Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Not too many as of yet this year..
    Finished Mass Effect 2 (PC), Trace Memory (DS), Halo 3 (360), Ghost Trick (DS) and Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd (PS2).

Hoping to finish some games I've had almost complete for years now like Xenosaga Episode II and Tales of the Abyss. I love them, but I have trouble sticking to one game until completion (and just look at this year's release date list so far...)
    edited February 2011
    cidsa wrote: »
    Not too many as of yet this year..
    Finished Mass Effect 2, Trace Memory, Halo 3, Ghost Trick and Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd.

Hoping to finish some games I've had almost complete for years now like Xenosaga Episode II and Tales of the Abyss. I love them, but I have trouble sticking to one game until completion (and just look at this year's release date list so far...)

Psst. List the platform or fear the wrath of FB.
    edited February 2011
    There, the three-part final battle of Shining Force Feather (DS) is done. I pronounce the game 'good.'
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    edited February 2011
    I actually don't find that odd. The second one was actually just a streamlined interactive film FPS. I loved it, thought it was ridiculously epic and insanely beautiful, but I can totally understand your gripes. There wasn't much in the way of tactics or choice in KZ2.
    You'll have yo let me know how KZ3 is then.. I'm vaguely interested in it right now, but I fear it's going to be Killzone 2 part 2.

On Topic: I beat and S-ranked Deathspank: The Thongs of Virtue [360] yesterday. It took me a lot longer then Deathspank... I think I had a mild case of burnout there for a bit. But I got the itch to play it recently and crushed it. So there's that.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I think Ron Gilbert said that ToV is basically parts 2 and 3 of Deathspank while the first title is only 1 part.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited February 2011
    I'm sure it's possible to beat Xiga without dying. I sure don't have the skill though, and thus died many times. Good thing lives and continues are plentiful in Radiant Silvergun (quite a pricey item for the Saturn).
  • cidsacidsa Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Nyx wrote: »
    Psst. List the platform or fear the wrath of FB.

Ahh, sorry about that. I fixed it :)
    Missed another one, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (GBC).
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Poker Night at the Inventory (PC)

This should not have taken 19 hours to complete. Oh wait, I suck at poker so I guess that's fair.

But I got all the tables, decks, and TF2 items so this game is done in my book. Not a bad game, and there's certainly worse uses of $5.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited February 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    I think Ron Gilbert said that ToV is basically parts 2 and 3 of Deathspank while the first title is only 1 part.
    That makes sense, really. It felt much much longer then Deathspank so there's good reason for it.
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Been away skiing at Mont Tremblant, but I still played some portable games (GBA, DS, PSP, Netbook) in the evening while relaxing. I finished Machinarium (PC) this way, which was absolutely delightful. I picked it up during the Humble Indie Bundle 2, and I recommend it to anyone who even remotely likes adventure games.
    edited February 2011
    Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS)
    179811.png
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finished the story on Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS) this morning. I'll probably explore some of the postgame stuff as I ease my way into Persona PSP but for the purposes of this thread I'm calling it done.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • BlitzmageBlitzmage Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Dragon Age Origin (including all DLC) (PS3)
This discussion has been closed.