If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited February 2011
    Beat Chrono Trigger (DS) including all DS-exclusive content.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    King Abdul wrote: »
    Mass Effect + DLC (Xbox 360)

I had my gamer tag and my saves on a USB drive that unfortunately was lost, so I had to replay ME1 again. >=\ Thankfully I now have an Xbox of my own (instead of the one I shared w/ my brother) and my saves are safely stored on the HD. Gotta do ME2 now, but probably gonna play something else first. Bayonetta? Nier? Resonance of Fate? Dunno which to do next.

Nier. Just do it, you'll thank me.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finally got my S-Rank on Fallout 3 + all DLC (X360). I think I've probably put over 200 hours in on that game in the past 3 years... time to retire it for good, I think.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Finally got my S-Rank on Fallout 3 + all DLC (X360). I think I've probably put over 200 hours in on that game in the past 3 years... time to retire it for good, I think.

That's it?! That's one play-through for me. You've got nooooothin.
  • WelTall_XDWelTall_XD Gear Mechanic Full Members
    edited February 2011
    So far my list for 2011:

PSP:
    Grandia - 53 Hours
    Front Mission 3 - 34 hours (i'm not sure if this counts as finished, I've only finished Alisa's story so far)
    Currently Playing : Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Yggdra Union (PSP)
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    WelTall_XD wrote: »
    so far my list for 2011:

Grandia - 53 hours
    front mission 3 - 34 hours (i'm not sure if this counts as finished, i've only finished alisa's story so far)

systems man systems
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Darksiders (360) done. Fun combat, interesting puzzles and great visuals. Didn't get much into the story but that's okay since BIG SWORDS and BLOOOOOOD and 'SPLOSIONS, you see.

The bosses were generally pretty big disappointments, though. The only one I had a remote bit of trouble with was Tiamat (the very first boss proper). The Slitha fight seemed pretty hard at first because I had no idea what I was doing. But then she died all of a sudden. And don't even get me started on The Destroyer... The final battle was probably the single biggest "Oh, was that it?" moment in my gaming experience.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Just completed Ar tonelico Qoga ~Knell of Ar Ciel~, though I'm not satisfied with either of the endings I've gotten. Somehow I got Saki's Normal Ending and the Bad Ending, but I still never got to meet Tyria and have her join my party so I feel like I've done something wrong here...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what I did wrong with some help. Going to try for the true ending.
  • Hound of UlsterHound of Ulster Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    New Super Mario Bros. (DS). This is my first completion of the year, and it's a fine one. The game was a lot of fun, but brutally short and easy. I beat the game without collecting all the available Toad Houses and with 30+ lives in reserve. I didn't figure out how to get to Worlds 4 and 7, so I'll probably replay enough to get through them. I doubt I'll try for all 240 coins, though.
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Completed Back to the Future Episode 1: It's About Time (PSN).
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS) - Really good story and game. Hit a hitch about knowing what to do next at one point, and resorted to a guide for one point but then learned later that I just wasn't trusting what the game was telling me to do enough. So try to do it without a guide if you can. :)

So many other things to discuss with this game but all of them require you to have finished it so...oh well.
    179811.png
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    sabin1001 wrote: »
    999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS) - So many other things to discuss with this game but all of them require you to have finished it so...oh well.
    You can chat Nyx and me up on that one. I enjoyed it too and likely had some of the same issues you did. Get all the endings?

Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles (PSP) - First time playing the original Ys games. Much more fun than I expected.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited February 2011
    Just completed Pac-Man Championship Edition DX [PSN]. By complete it, I mean I got every single trophy in it. :)

I love knocking things out of the backlog pile!
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Rune Factory 3 (DS). Married Kuruna. She was one of the few chicks in the game who didn't have some type of debilitating mental or social disorder, and her character actually developed. I played it on Hard and wish I hadn't just because combat got to be annoying at times. In the final dungeon I just ran past all the enemies you didn't have to kill because it was taking too long.

Fun game though. Nyx convinced me this was the right time for me to give a Harvest Moon game another shot since I've been waiting for years for one that didn't suck. She was right. Maybe I'll go less than 7 years between HM games this time.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) - Final Chapter.

Finally done with this. Oddly, the final form of the last boss was easier than the first. *shrug*

Great game and it now goes into the pile of games that I'll eventually return to and finish up all the side stuff.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm wrote: »
    You can chat Nyx and me up on that one. I enjoyed it too and likely had some of the same issues you did. Get all the endings?

I did, yeah, then spent 45 minutes reading all the notes from the developer on Aksys's site explaining the plot. We should definitely chat.
    179811.png
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited February 2011
    I finished Chrono Trigger DS for the, well, DS when I was still in the hospital.

I can definitely see why this game is such a beloved classic. It has aged very well, and is a lot of fun to play, even to someone like me who hasn't grown up with it.

On a random, but related note, does anyone else think the last form of Lavos Core look like Deoxys, or is that just me?
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Ehhh... they don't look really that much alike to me although I can see why you might think that.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Sigma Star Saga (GBA)
    Was a ok game, did have fun with it, but it needed something more, the shooting part was feeling almost the same the boss fight did not require strat
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Chapter 5 had a bug? I don't remember that, though it's been a few years since I played the game.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Resonance of Fate (PS3). I'd like to see a WRPG remake that lets you actually explore the world. I know it's a JRPG convention that will never die, but it's 2011 and when I'm put in a huge, densely populated world I want to interact with it in a deeper way than 3 little towns with 20 people each provides.

Whining about my distaste for JRPGs and their restrictive linearity aside, it was a fun game that ended right when I was getting tired of it. My take seems to be how most people felt: there's not much to the game aside from the battle system, but it's a fantastic battle system, so it works. Loved the art style too -- enemies, scenery, characters -- it was all excellent. Cool take on a post-apocalyptic world.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Persona 4 After 2 years of meandering my way through it, I finally completed it. Took about 73 hours. I had a lot of fun with it, some social links were better in P3 and some of the characters were hit or miss, but most of the mechanics are much more refined in P4. Though I wish they would have expanded the town a bit more, it was pretty restrictive on exploration.

Onto something else fun next!

-Kel
    edited February 2011
    Keldarus wrote: »
    Persona 4 After 2 years of meandering my way through it, I finally completed it. Took about 73 hours. I had a lot of fun with it, some social links were better in P3 and some of the characters were hit or miss, but most of the mechanics are much more refined in P4. Though I wish they would have expanded the town a bit more, it was pretty restrictive on exploration.

Onto something else fun next!

-Kel

omg it happened! It really happened! Now whatever will you do?
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Finished Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), brilliant game and made me very happy I bought a PS3 last month.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited February 2011
    Finished the Adventure Mode in Peggle [XBLA]. Still working my way through all the challenge modes though. This game is so addictive. x.x

Also just completed Back to the Future: The Game - Episode I: It's About Time [PSN]. Loved it, though that laboratory puzzle was annoying! So difficult to do it perfectly. Cannot wait for episode 2 on PSN. :D
    edited February 2011
    Just dropped an update for the past few weeks. Sorry about the back up. Had some things come up.

Added a few games for myself since I was updating and haven't had time to put them on here.

Dark Void [X360] - It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact I honestly enjoyed it. It was in need of some polish but it wasn't nearly as bad as the reviewers out there made it out to be.

Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money [X360] - Creepy and cool. I really enjoyed the semi-horror movie vibe that the DLC had throughout. Finishing that re-upped my S-rank for the game. Happy day!

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Pigsy's Perfect 10 [X360] - This DLC is a winner. Everything about it was great, especially the way that it entirely changed the gameplay and turned it on it's head. The story was poignant and sad, all the while making the perfect bridge to the game proper. Very excellent. I loved everything about it. And in beating it, I re-upped my S-rank on Enslaved as well.

As always, the DLC's are counted as (+DLC) on the side of the games.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Just finished Luminous Arc for the DS. I seem to like this game less than when I first played it, though it's not a bad way to pass the time. Now unto Luminous Arc 2 before I get my mitts on Pokemon White.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Nyx wrote: »
    omg it happened! It really happened! Now whatever will you do?

I will spend more time on Yggdra union and Etrian Odyssey 3 and even finish up 3d dot game heroes.. Oh yeah and that project we're working on too :-P

I even finished a SECOND game today.. 2 games in one day!?!? What's the world comng to?
    Breath of Death VII [XBLIG].... DONE!

-Kel
    edited February 2011
    Just finished Luminous Arc for the DS. I seem to like this game less than when I first played it, though it's not a bad way to pass the time. Now unto Luminous Arc 2 before I get my mitts on Pokemon White.

Oh, I forgot, Since you're staff now, you get to update your own list in the post under the main list!
This discussion has been closed.