If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited February 2011
    The Darkness (360). Excellent game. The ending was kind of... I don't know. But other than that, I'm hard pressed to come up with any flaws in the overall experience. Definitely the best bargain bin find in my entire life. Bring on #2!
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Ah, right. Thanks for reminding me.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Wild ARMS (PS1)
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited February 2011
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    Chapter 5 had a bug? I don't remember that, though it's been a few years since I played the game.

Yeah if you used a item that let something behind, like the one where you get an healing box after your 30th hit. Well after you kill your last mob, it does not finish your fight and you continue endlessly in the stage without anything to kill and your stuck there, only way to get out, is to die by going in the walls, or to reset, so you start back at your last safe either way... did have to read on the net to find out what were wrong... Many were saying it was because of the ghost, but it's not that!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Cthulhu Saves the World (XBLIG). Why can't SE make a fast-paced JRPG like this? WHHHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?1?1?111?
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'll finally join in on the fun. The first game I beat this year is Dead Space on PS3 in january and God of War 1 (GoW: Collection) on PS3 today. Yup, I'm slowly working my way through my 3 year old back catalog.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Cthulhu Saves the World (XBLIG). Why can't SE make a fast-paced JRPG like this? WHHHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?1?1?111?

The World Ends With You? Or if you want to dig back further, Live A Live's individual fits the mold you're talking about I think.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited February 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    The World Ends With You? Or if you want to dig back further, Live A Live's individual fits the mold you're talking about I think.

It's a shame that three years later TWEWY is still the only example of SE doing something incredibly right in the last several years. I have played it and it's a great game. I was thinking more along the lines of a fast-paced traditional JRPG, though. Cthulhu's battle system was lightning quick, missing only the Atlus auto-fight button to make it a hair faster.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Wow, you played and beat Cthulhu? Sweet. I take it from your comments that your thoughts of the game are positive.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Umineko No Naku Koro Ni (PC). Hardly qualifies as a game, but I'll stick it here anyway.

Tales of Graces F (PS3). Improvements to the Tales Of battle system in Graces push this over Vesperia, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Wow, you played and beat Cthulhu? Sweet. I take it from your comments that your thoughts of the game are positive.

When we were putting together the 2010 awards feature and I saw I hadn't played any of the games we gave Best Battle System mentions, I knew I had to try them ASAP. Except FF13. I'm never playing 13. Resonance of Fate and Cthulhu definitely earned the awards there.
    edited February 2011
    Interesting that you did enjoy Cthulhu that much. I fear being alone in loving it with so few other reviewers having comments. Resonance of Fate needs to move up my play list.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Interesting that you did enjoy Cthulhu that much. I fear being alone in loving it with so few other reviewers having comments. Resonance of Fate needs to move up my play list.

Do you have a copy? If not, I can get mine to you in the mail ASAP.
    edited February 2011
    I'm good, just don't have time yet.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited February 2011
    Trauma Team (Wii)

This was fun. Except for the endoscopy missions. Those were less fun. Really liked they reduced the difficulty from Trauma Center and introduced new game play modes with this one. A lot of fun as a co-op experience too. I want the soundtrack too.
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Mass Effect 2(PS3) and Final Fantasy(PSP) are all i've beaten so far.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    theharv00.png
  • Hound of UlsterHound of Ulster Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA). After drying out for a few days, the cartridge worked again, to my everlasting delight. Like the first game, the ending came too abruptly. Even weirder, they were setting up for a final confrontation that never happened, which was hastily (and poorly) explained in the ending movie. It's odd that two games that were so enjoyable had such abrupt and unsatisfying endings. Nevertheless, the game was excellent; also probably the most touching ending overall since Lufia II, despite its oddities. I am playing through some of the optional dungeons, beat 2 already, trying to get to the third.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I finished Uncharted 1 week before my PS3 got the blinking red light of death. Great not only my New PC is damaged and I was gathering money but now my PS3 goes as well. What a lucky I am oh waw. Oh and I also completed FFV finally.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Just finished Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice DLC [PSN]. That was so awesome and I really hope they continue to bring out more holiday themed DLC. Now I can officially say I got all the trophies in the game too!
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited February 2011
    Finished Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1) and Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Ps3)

Seems like its been forever since I completed a game. With Marvel, I don't think you can really finish a multiplayer game, but I did do some arbitrary tasks and have played and will continue to sink time into online, so I think its fair to call it "done" so its not forgotton later.

For Lunar, this was a great blast from the past. I forgot just how beautiful the game was, and it was very fun reliving old times. One thing I noticed was the love story between Lucia and Hiro wasn't as strong as I remember it being, which felt strange. Also, the combat in these games really hasn't aged too well. You know its frustrating if you can select your moves and doze off for a minute watching really unremarkable fight sequences. Bosses were still good fun though. Its a shame I couldn't forget some of the key segments, though, as I remember them being very impactful the first time through so many years ago.
    edited February 2011
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    With Marvel, I don't think you can really finish a multiplayer game, but I did do some arbitrary tasks and have played and will continue to sink time into online, so I think its fair to call it "done" so its not forgotton later.

My general rule is that a fighting game is "finished" when you've got all the unlocks (stages, characters, etc). Or all the unlocks with in reason (stupid stupid Devil Kazuya skin in Tekken 1).
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    My general rule for any game is if the credits roll, it's fair game. I know it'd only take one run of the with one set of characters to do that in a fighting game, but I don't see a problem with that unless people are going to abuse it. 9/10 times people are going to play fighting games more frequently because of stuff like multiplayer and unlocks so letting them mark it off early is a mercy.
    edited February 2011
    mark it off early is a mercy.

Especially with the prevalent usage of SNK style bosses lately in Capcom fighters lately...

EDIT: Hey if this is the case, then can you add Street Fighter IV (PC) to my list? I'm pretty sure I beat Seth for the first time (on the very easiest setting :() about 4-6 weeks ago.
    edited February 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    EDIT: Hey if this is the case, then can you add Street Fighter IV (PC) to my list? I'm pretty sure I beat Seth for the first time (on the very easiest setting :() about 4-6 weeks ago.

No worries, bro. I got your back.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Well, in that case :P

I beat Galactus for the first time two nights ago in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3). Now to figure out how to actually play the game against real peoples...

I also forgot to post about S-Ranking Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3). I'd had it sitting at like 90-odd percent complete for a while. And it still took me two full days to finish everything off. Stupid Heroic Deeds >_>
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    WOO HOO first game of the Year finished (and first game since FFXIII) which was Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll PS3 played for about 48 hrs did 48% of trophies.

Tried to do most of side quests got quite a few more which i will do at a later date.
    I cheated a bit and beat the final boss on easy, most of the game i did on normal
    The game was good, most of the characters were likeable, some part were quite easy well actually most of it was easy part form 1 or 2 bosses.
    Most of the story was good the ending did fell a bit lacking
    Spoiler:
    I thought the part about that whoever ussed the sword would have his life erased from history seem a bit pointless and dont know why they added that in.

So now im off to play Hyperdimension Neptunia that arrived the othere day and which no one told me about.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Etrian Odyssey II DS
    That was a fun game with chalenge all the way with some of the hard FOE even some reguliar mob. I love that doing your map was part of the game too!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Finished Pixel Junk: Shooter. Fun game, good challenge, interesting puzzles

Since Nyx asked and I forgot, it's PS3 like all the Pixel Junk games.

-Kel
    edited February 2011
    I finished Bulletstorm [360] the other day and it was a seriously awesome game. Epic gunplay. Epic story. Epic epicness. I loved just about every second of it. There was one friggin bottleneck in the second to last chapter that annoyed the crap out of me. But solid nonetheless. I can't wait for more.

And today I finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood [360]. All I have to say about that one is

ENDING-Y-U-NO-BE-HAPPY.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Y-U-NO
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Keldarus wrote: »
    finished pixel junk: Shooter. Fun game, good challenge, interesting puzzles

-kel

kel kel platform.

Fixed, Nyx

-Kel
This discussion has been closed.