If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2011 Completed Games List.

Comments

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Watching the credits on Fallout: New Vegas (XBox 3600 right now. Actually for like the last ten minutes, man there's a lot of them. I'm really going to have to play this one again at some point, I was only able to play an hour or two a week at a time as I chipped away at this playthrough and I'd really like to experience it in a more cohesive manner.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Just checked the list, and I need to report a mistake. I'm listed as having beaten FFXIII for 360, but I think it is supposed to be Fallout 3 for 360 (S-Rank).
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Just checked the list, and I need to report a mistake. I'm listed as having beaten FFXIII for 360, but I think it is supposed to be Fallout 3 for 360 (S-Rank).

Fixed it for you.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Should I remove my name and list from the main list, or should you, Babylon or Soren? I already added myself to the staff list.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited February 2011
    I'll take care of it. Thank you again.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2011
    I think I did it... Mortamor / Deathtamoor is a right jerk, but he's dead. DQ VI (DS) is done.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Finished Wild Arms (PSX), for round two of the Year of Classic Games. It grew on me as the game went on. Now on to Secret of Mana.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    I'll take care of it. Thank you again.

Can go ahead and remove me from the "normal" player list too, I'll add myself to the staff one.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited February 2011
    Oh, Geeze. Sorry! It's hard to keep up with the sudden staff changes.
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Weird. I KNOW I posted this, but I can't find my post. Maybe I didn't hit the button? Anyways, I finished Bioshock 2 (PC: Windows) yesterday. Enjoyed it quite a bit, though I kinda wish the PC version had native gamepad support.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    It's in "What Are You Playing Today?" ;)

I was curious because I know I saw that post, too.
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    D'oh. Let me edit that post out of existence (or into something useful if I can't do the former).
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Braid (PC)

Really solid game which I enjoyed thoroughly even though the story doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Dragon Quest 6:Realms of revelation(DS) you have been defeated today. Really should go back and beat 4 and 5. Boss was a little challenging which was nice.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    theharv00.png
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    After a month's inactivity, I'm back!

3/1/2011 - Killzone 3 (PS3) - Veteran difficulty. Not as tough as Killzone 2 was, which I'm grateful for, as that game was a two-month grind at Veteran.
    Spoiler:
    Not sure how Killzone 4/Killzone Retribution 2 is gonna happen, what with the Helghast reduced to a trace number after the Petrosite coated Helghan. It'll be interesting, that's for sure
    . Still, an overall step up from 2, and addresses the problem of weapon variety, with the normal array of weapons with some really awesome death dealing aides. Great game, and one I wholeheartedly recommend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Two Worlds II [PS3]

I liked it overall, and it was a great improvement over the first game, but there were some rough edges here and there. Took me 48 hours to complete the game with the majority of sidequests completed. Also spent around 15-20 hours online. Can't wait for the sequel wich was announced not very long ago.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Torchlight (XBLA). I'm currently the 11th place all-time champion! YAY! I should take a screenshot, since I will never be ranked this high on XBL for anything ever again. I'm going to mess with the postgame dungeon for a bit before starting over on a harder difficulty so I can talk about those things in the review. That should get me up to 10th place all-time before the masses knock me down to 10,000th place or whatever.

Insider info: If it's true that only media people have access to the game at the moment, then a depressing number of media peons are playing Torchlight on Easy. Normal was such a breeze that I imagine in Easy the enemies trip and kill themselves on their own.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited March 2011
    Privates (PC)

This was a freeware STD edutainment platformer / shooter thing that cropped up on RPS a while back which I had installed and forgot to give a shot at. Seemed like a good thing to follow up Braid with. Probably the best edutainment game I've ever played although it's certainly buggy in both the literal and software sense of the term. Not a bad game if you want a refresher course in STDs and a simplistic WASD + mouse platformer shooty thing with a number of jokes about video games (namely L4D) to keep things slightly engaging. Oh and there's a little attempt at plot as well.
    edited March 2011
    7thCircle wrote: »
    torchlight (xbla). I'm currently the 11th place all-time champion! Yay! I should take a screenshot, since i will never be ranked this high on xbl for anything ever again. I'm going to mess with the postgame dungeon for a bit before starting over on a harder difficulty so i can talk about those things in the review. That should get me up to 10th place all-time before the masses knock me down to 10,000th place or whatever.

Insider info: If it's true that only media people have access to the game at the moment, then a depressing number of media peons are playing torchlight on easy. Normal was such a breeze that i imagine in easy the enemies trip and kill themselves on their own.

do want. So waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited March 2011
    March 1: Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)
    That whole village is a bunch of trolls.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited March 2011
    Shaymin wrote: »
    That whole village is a bunch of trolls.

Do you have any matchsteeks?
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited March 2011
    I beat Luminous Arc 2 for the DS. It'll probably be my last playthrough for a long time; I finally reached 100%. What do you get for this? One last "I, Kopin" scene, and being able to see most characters in swimsuits in their profiles. Not much, I suppose, but other secrets were unlocked earlier, and it's fun for me to say "I 100%-ed this game!"

This game still remains a favorite DS title of mine. A low favorite perhaps, but a favorite nonetheless. I'll also add that I much prefer the
    Spoiler:
    Althea ending over the Fatima ending.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Just wrapped up Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3). Possibly one of NISA's best localizations ever, but my god what a trainwreck of a game. Review coming soon.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Just wrapped up Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3). Possibly one of NISA's best localizations ever, but my god what a trainwreck of a game. Review coming soon.

That sounds... Less than encouraging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • gdawgtukgdawgtuk Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I've done two this year so far:

1. Mirrors Edge (PS3)
    2. Mass Effect 1 (PC)
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited March 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    Do you have any matchsteeks?

I'd post the traditional response but for the bold/italic "Moderator" below your name.

I'm trying to get to the 3rd one, at which point Future!Luke will stab me in the back as his voice actor is want to do.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited March 2011
    Shaymin wrote: »
    I'd post the traditional response but for the bold/italic "Moderator" below your name.

Heee. S'ok. PM me the response if you want ;)
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Grotesque tactics [PC]

I recommend this if you like funny games, at least I thought the jokes were funny.
  • valsarvalsar Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Bulletstorm [360] I don't normally play shooters but I had a ton of fun with this one. Maybe it had something to do with it being completely over the top and not taking it self seriously all the time.
  • eXaXeXaX Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Silent Hill:Shattered Memories [Ps2]. Difficult to describe this game. I personally liked it very much, so much so that I thought about replaying it even before I had finished it which has never happened with me.

Still, I can understand why some people wouldn't like it considering it has nothing to do with the SH1 storyline aside from using the same characters. Massive spoilers !
    Spoiler:
    Also it is doubtful that it's even a "Silent Hill" game since Silent Hill (as a city or an "entity" that punishes or redeems individuals based on their prior sins like established in SH2) isn't as prominent a theme in this game. MAYBE. The game didn't really clarify it considering Harry was dead all along and everything had been a disillusion from Cheryls perspective.
    Even so I really liked it and I will be replaying it.

Vanquish [Ps3] Honestly, if people are going to create an action-shooter it should be like this, completely crazy and over the top. It was an awesome (albeit short) ride. Those guys were so stereotypically macho manly mans that I could almost feel my beard growing.

Dead Space 2 [X360] I don't remember if I had put this here or not but whatever. Good game. Nothing to say about it really.

Deadly Premonition [X360]. Again, don't remember (if on list). Fantastic game. Loved the hell out of it. In love with York and Emily.
This discussion has been closed.