If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

want an FF7 remake? Kojima goes to bat for us

ShadowcatShadowcat MemberFull Members
edited September 2012 in Square Enix
Kojima Shares Final Fantasy VII Remake Requests with Nomura (1up)

Well may not help but fun to know that mr. metal gear is trying ^^
FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
FlOzXvF.jpg
My VAPS Entry,

Comments

• xr2xr2 Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Final Fantasy VII is #2 on my list of games I would love to see remade. The original is still playable, but so obviously technology limited.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'm still fine with playing the original.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Mmm... I love the smell of FFVII remake baiting in the morning. It smells like.... desperation for page hits.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited May 2011
    The only reason i want a ff7 remake is so that they can incorporate all the new plot elements and characters introduced in crisis core. I would love to see how angeal, genesis, hollander, and the other faction of SOLDIER could be worked into the storyline of ff7.

Also, lets not forget the fact that genesis is still alive at the end of dirge of cerberus, so they also need to complete the ff7 storyline with atleast one more sequel game.
    sup?
    edited May 2011
    Maudren wrote: »
    The only reason i want a ff7 remake is so that they can incorporate all the new plot elements and characters introduced in crisis core. I would love to see how angeal, genesis, hollander, and the other faction of SOLDIER could be worked into the storyline of ff7.

And make the flanderization of Cloud and Sephy official?

I'd rather they just re-issue the game with consistent visuals and redo the localization. That's about all it needs really. The compilation cruft should be kept out of it thank you very much.
    Also, lets not forget the fact that genesis is still alive at the end of dirge of cerberus, so they also need to complete the ff7 storyline with atleast one more sequel game.

As long as people still buy anything with FFVII in the title they'll never wrap up everything with a nice tight bow. Besides, why does everyone need a conclusive ending to a story?
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I say they're saving an FF7 remake for when they're in serious financial trouble. Like "OMG! We can only afford to make one big name title and it must sell or we're done for!" trouble. They have had it rough lately, but they're still pumping out a lot of games, so I they must okay. That, or they're saving it for a time, as unlikely as it may sound, the FF name stops being popular. That's what I would do anyway.
    I'd rather they just re-issue the game with consistent visuals and redo the localization. That's about all it needs really. The compilation cruft should be kept out of it thank you very much.

Seconded. A few tweaks here and there to make the core gameplay feel a little fresher and spice up the graphics, but leave the story alone.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Maudren wrote: »

That sounds perfectly dreadful.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited May 2011
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    I say they're saving an FF7 remake for when they're in serious financial trouble. Like "OMG! We can only afford to make one big name title and it must sell or we're done for!" trouble. They have had it rough lately, but they're still pumping out a lot of games, so I they must okay. That, or they're saving it for a time, as unlikely as it may sound, the FF name stops being popular. That's what I would do anyway.

Is losing 12 billion yen by the end of March enough to break the glass holding the FF7 remake?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    The graphics of VII make it hard for me to enjoy. I think that 3D polygonal type graphica should have been skipped in the 32 bit era, and they should have stuck with Sprites. That said, FF VII and Xenogears get my pick for most wanted remake =)
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
    edited May 2011

you are entitled to your opinion.

@shop

I dont need the story perfectly wrapped up in a bow, but alot of people, myself included, really enjoyed Genesis as a character and would like for there to be some sort of resolution to his story.

The doc ending is just left far to open.
    sup?
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Kojima, You don't have to make Metal Gear anymore.

But you can help remake FFVII! GO FOR IT! :D
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
    edited May 2011
    Oyashiro wrote: »
    But you can help remake FFVII! GO FOR IT! :D

A Kojima, Nomura and Kitase game would be so incomprehensible that it'd wrap back around itself and become Shakespeare.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Is losing 12 billion yen by the end of March enough to break the glass holding the FF7 remake?

Apparently not. $142 million? Not that big a loss for a large company like Square Enix.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2011
    C'mon maybe Kojima said it to Nomura as a joke to see he's reaction. They just where eating together.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Personally, I'm at the point where I'd love to see the remake, just so people would STFU about it. It's not really a game that deserves as much attention as it gets.

And honestly, Maudren, Dirge of Cerberus makes me cry, so it's best if that's just forgotten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited May 2011

Agreed. I enjoyed Crisis Core moderately but the plot and characters are just a simplified rehash of FFVII (Zack = Cloud, Genesis = Seph, crazy professor guy = Hojo). I for one was furious to see they had tampered with the scene in the Nibelheim reactor and put Genesis in it.

I wouldn't mind some references to Crisis Core as easter eggs, but nothing more. To me all these FF7 spinoffs feel a bit cheap and cynical and I'd rather not have them as part of the canon.
    edited May 2011
    Crisis Core didnt feel cheap to me. Seemed like a full legit game that gave depth to characters who had none in ff7.

As for dirge, i never played it so i cant judge. I just knew genesis was in it from a youtube vid.

But even without the knowledge of his appearance in doc, genesis just gets grabbed by random dudes in cc and taken away. I want to know what happens to him. Its not unreasonable to want to know his ultimate fate.
    sup?
    edited May 2011
    The scene of the reactor was just flashbacks of what Cloud and Zack saw so it was easy to tamper with but Zack never mentioned anything about Genesis in FFVII so if theyre-do FFVII they have to tamper with it too.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Dirge makes Crisis Core look like game of the year. Basically it's only selling point was being a FF7 spinoff, otherwise it was just a clunky half-assed third person shooter that no one would look twice at if it didn't have Vincent on the cover.
    Maudren wrote:
    Crisis Core didnt feel cheap to me. Seemed like a full legit game that gave depth to characters who had none in ff7.

Pshaw. Bet you just loved all the gay fanfic material in there. :hehe:
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'd like them to let you resurrect aeris.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited May 2011
    shentino wrote: »
    I'd like them to let you resurrect aeris.

No. That would be an awful thing. If that happened, then the ending would result in Meteor killing everyone. Holy wasn't enough; the Lifestream was necessary as well.
    edited May 2011
    Not only it will be awful but it will be non canon and Advent Children clearly state that she will stay dead.
    edited May 2011
    LordKaiser wrote: »
    Not only it will be awful but it will be non canon and Advent Children clearly state that she will stay dead.

...What? *ignores the existence of the canon status of Advent Children and all other crap made after 1997 for the world of FFVII*
    edited May 2011
    oookaaay...

I formally withdraw my mention of aeris resurrection before I start a holy war among loyal fans.

There's still technical arguments on whether it could have happened but I think the issue of what canon dictated is pretty solid. Performing a textual audit of the .iso files would clear up a few issues. I have extracted very useful hints after popping game discs into the computer and opening up a text editor on the code.

In fact I now recall that when I was here 5 years ago, the moderation team was very emphatic about putting the issue to rest, officially I might add. It was not a welcome subject in any sense of the word.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited May 2011
    You should be able to resurrect Aeris, but if you do Meteor destroys the planet and there's no way to avert it, so advent children and dirge never happens.

Everyone wins!
    edited May 2011
    It could be said that Aeris was a personification of Jesus in FFVII.
    edited May 2011
    LordKaiser wrote: »
    It could be said that Aeris was a personification of Jesus in FFVII.

Except for her personality. He was anything but saintly or pure.
    edited May 2011
    Clix wrote: »
    Except for her personality. He was anything but saintly or pure.

You mean She?
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    My take on reviving Aeris? Don't do it. As much as I loved her, her death served a purpose. Maybe make it so we can actually TRADE OUT her equipment though, or give us a scene with her "Mother" about her death...cause seriously, some of those things got you 0 cash for selling, and it actually hurt me to sell them when they had too many memories of her.

But, one thing I want with FF7 remake is an add-on of Before Crisis (come on, you all know you want this game just for the Turks). Or at least make that a DS game. COME ON SE, GIVE ME THE TURKS!
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited May 2011
    I'll agree with the equipment issue.

Having a fragile healer on your team tempts equipping with decent armor. Having a character death ambush you and have that armor permanently confiscated was very frustrating and I lost a good Edincoat.

At least the materia got dumped out first.