If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Hallum: Legacy of the Moon Slayer

Comments

• InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    'Don't worry,' she moved the ink, 'We don't break our contracts unless the contractor does first.' She quickly moved the ink into the typical contract they used and inserted the sum she wanted, signing her name. She looked up waiting to see if he would sign.
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Trez awoke to a white ceiling. He didn’t remember exactly what had happened, but he knew.

“So that’s it then…” Trez thought. “My last best chance to find some money and I get myself run through.” Trez laid his hand over his face.

“Better find a busy street corner,” Trez mumbled, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. “But first…”

“I need to find that girl.” Trez left his bed in search of the victor of his previous battle.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2011
    As Trez head over to the next ward for women, he saw a familiar figure standing by the doorway. "Come to see her, too?" Eycopefield asked. Before Trez could negatively react like Eycopefield was use to happening, the pervert apologized, "I'm sorry about earlier. I am expected to act a certain way for the public. I use audacity as a haven of sorts. You don't really strike me as my type anyway. Onto the matter of Luna, she's resting. If you want to take a seat and wait, be my guest."
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    R'lyeh was reluctant to sign, as his trust of the assassin was not stellar. He decided to use his alternate signature which he reserved for deals he did not want to ever become public. 'Gary Stoppard' he signed. He stood up and left, departing for the tournament commission to announce his dropping out of the tournament and his departure from Tana after the next match, as the fight between Luna and Trez ended.
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Janet memorized the signature and then warped the ink into a mess before casually tossing it in the garbage can as she left. She knew the signature was fake, but she only needed proof that she had contracted with him, nothing more, and false signatures were commonly used by their employers. 'Aesirmancy,' she thought to herself, ''going to need to be really careful with this one.'
    edited June 2011
    “Indeed I did,” Trez said approaching Eycopfield. “I saw something during that fight and I just have to speak with her.”

Trez grinned as Eycopfield explained his tournament-starting antics. “No worries,” Trez responded. “I’m a performer myself, so I understand the situation.”

Taking a seat near Eycopfield, Trez turned and reached a hand out to the man. “By the way, I got your name from the announcers, but I never formally introduced myself. I am Trenzattimus Anheim, but you’re more than welcome to call me Trez.”
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited June 2011
    Eycopefield shook Trez's hand. "Don't mind if I do; Trenzattimus does not exactly roll off the tongue."

Suddenly, Luna came out from the ward, wearing a gown, since her shirt was no longer wearable. "I can hear you two from my bed. Trez, is it? What kind of question do you have for me?" she asked, as she leaned against the doorway's threshold.
    edited June 2011
    Trez smiled. “Well, first I wanted to congratulate you on your victory. It was an intense fight.” He paused for a moment, standing to face Luna. His smile disappeared and his features grew serious.

“During the fight, I saw something in your eyes,” Trez said. “It was a passion that I hadn’t before seen in another. It seemed as if something bigger…more important than a title…was pushing you to fight. To not give up. It was amazing. Admirable. I just have to know… what gave you that incredible determination?”
    edited June 2011
    Luna's indifferent lips pursed into a frown. "That's not a story I can tell just anyone. If you want to know a reason, the most I'll give you is that I want my freedom, my own life. I have been chained by destiny since I was born. This tournament is an important step forward for me. My goal in life is to kill one man, but I need to know that I am up for the challenge. If I can win this tournament or at least become the runner up, then I will know I am ready to face that man down. I have lost nearly nineteen years of my life to that pursuit... Every minute, every second. I want it to end, so I can finally make my own decisions and live my own life."
  • CaffeineCrazedCaffeineCrazed Nope Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Eraclease smiled, barriers were always fun. It gave him another thing to break. He rushed towards the man, water rushing out of one of his canisters forming a ring about half a foot in diameter. As he neared him, the ring began spinning like a saw and Eraclease launched it at the barrier. He then pulled out Swordbreaker, preparing for the upcoming close combat.
    edited June 2011
    Trez listened quietly to Luna’s explanation. To be honest, he hadn’t expected nearly so much of a story after the young woman had begun with ‘the most I’ll give you.’ Trez was distressed that such a young woman was so caught in the idea of revenge, but she seemed earnest in her convictions and wishes.

“I see,” Trez said after Luna had finished. “Living one’s own life is a luxury I admit I have taken for granted. I think I can see why this is so important to you.”

Trez paused for a moment and smiled to himself. Here he was caught up in self-pity over what was, at worst, a delay in his goals. He’d always been free to do what he wished. Everything he’d accomplished during his life he’d been able to do due to personal freedom. Trez had always thought self-determination an inherent right, not something one was born into or not. Trez wanted to tell the girl that she didn’t need someone’s destiny to dictate her life choices. But, Trez bit his tongue, knowing that he did not know the girl well, and even if he did, it still would not be his place to say.

“Thank you. You’ve actually helped me put a few things in perspective,” said Trez. “I wish you luck in the rest of the tournament -- and in finding your own path in life. I have no doubt you’ll find what you’re looking for.” With a soft smile, Trez extended his hand.

“It was a pleasure to meet you and an honor to fight with you. Look me up when you begin life’s journey on your own terms. I’d love to drink to your freedom.”
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "A water blade, eh? And it looks like it's another spirit, too," thought Romarh as he cast "Form," opening a hole in his barrier so that he could follow up with "Spiritus Gemma" on the assassin's water blade, trapping it in a crystal. As the trapped spirit fell into his hands, he chucked it back at Eraclease before casting "Frontline."
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited June 2011
    Vendetta too felt compelled to learn something about his opponent. He located Nina in the waiting rooms and asked her "So, what made you go after the Raiken's?" He offered her a cigarette.
    edited June 2011
    Eraclease slid to a hault as his attack was incased in the gem. He had not expected sealing magic, and was not prepared for this development. He wasn't able to react fast enough and the crystal hit the upper part of his left arm, activating and slicing it close to the bone. As he got up from his failed dodge, he began laughing quietly to himself. This fight was actually going to last, unlike the last one. He wasn't sure how to get around the barriers, so he decided to stand behind the one slowly approaching him. This time, he was going to let his opponent come to him.
    edited June 2011
    Nina took the cigarette and quickly inspected it. As she did so, she said, "You aren't an assassin for this long without being careful. Hm, looks fine. Thank you, got a light?" She extended the cigarette's tip to Vendetta for him to light it. Once lit, she took a long puff and let the smoke blow out in a stream. "Ever seen the 1955 tournament, kid? It all began there. The heir to the imperial throne was competing. He was a kid at the time. Sure, a strong kid, but he was vulnerable, more so than he would ever be again in his life. You can only imagine how many people wanted him dead. I'm sure you've heard some of the old buzz about him back when he started having kids. Schambregella predicted he would beget another Aether user. Schambregella's never been wrong, but no one ever calls it quits on Fate. I was hired. I entered the tournament to kill him. The medics would then... have a mishap. They rigged the brackets for me, so we would meet in Quarterfinals. Like this tournament, Round 2 was one on one. I faced Marie. That b**** had held back in the first round and eliminations. She had barely survived to that point. No one considered a threat, hence why the committee put me against her. Marie then fought seriously, and I lost. I missed my chance to kill Meikyou. This was suppose to be the greatest job in my life, and that woman came out of no where and ruined everything. Worst? She didn't even have the gall to kill Meikyou so the plan could still work. I nearly lost all my credentials, and Marie became one of the most beloved icons of the century! I swear it is like she planned it all out like that. I want her dead for what she did to me, for that embarrassment. If you don't want to get hurt, get out of my way. Thanks for the smoke."
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "RRRrrrrrrrrrr . . ." Adrastos saw his grenades come back, but he wasn't about to back off. With a single flap of his wings the dragon made a great leap forward, drastically reducing the distance between himself and Enrica. Then the detonators began bursting around him. While his armor protected most of his body, his unexposed wings were caught in the explosions, tearing them to shreds. ". . .rrrrrraaaaaaaaaa . . ." As he got even closer, Enrica fired off her blind spell, directly into his face. Suddenly his vision was a pure, piercing white. ". . .aaaaaAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" By now, Revenge Aura was erupting with scorching heat, evaporating the water at his feet and rippling the air about him. Still being carried by the momentum of his lunge and the explosions, Adrastos swung wildly, trying to hit Enrica, grab her, batter her, burn her, anything. He was still pretty angry.
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Rule 8: When things look grim, charge!!" Enrica recited in her head. Unfortunately, in her head was the only place that plan was being exercised as Enrica's natural instincts told her to run, quickly. The mermaid could feel the heat of Adrastos' revenge aura pulsing around her. "Run! Run, run, run, run, run!!" Her brain screamed as the distance between the two increased. "Shine!!" Enrica's body again began to glow brightly, further attacking Adrastos' already damaged eyes. "I hadn't expected him to be able to move that quickly. Time to bring out the trump card." Enrica gathered her mana together before crying, "Divinus!!" Again the indigo and white lightning shot from her palm, this time striking the globe of water hovering above the battlefield. "Storm!" As soon as the word was spoken Enrica's combination activated. The globe of water exploded outwards as thousands of tiny drops fell to the arena below, each one containing the full force of her Divinus spell. "Just keep away a little longer. Just a little-" Not quite. Enrica had slowed down during her casting just enough for one of Adrastos' wild swings to connect with her back. The merwoman was sent careening across the battlefield, rolling to a flailing halt some 20 yards away. Thankfully the blow hadn't rendered her unconscious. That said, Enrica couldn't feel her legs. "Viscus....Regal Stance....Vita." She groaned, reciting the three spells as they each went to work on her broken back. The mermaid rose to her feet soon after, looking on to see the after effects of her Divinus Storm.
    que?
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Form," said Romarh, causing the advancing wall to close in around Eraclease. With any luck, the assassin would be trapped in the barrier long enough to be pushed out of the ring. "Let's see what you do," he thought as he dropped his main shield in order to conserve mana. If his opponent did manage to break free, Romarh would need to be ready to cast Spiritus Gemma again.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Rrrr . . ." The blind and bloodied Adrastos slumped to the ground, merely hoping that had finished the match. However, it became brutally apparent that he hadn't once Enrica's final combination rained down on him. His body jerked violently as the first few Divinus drops hit him, but soon he went completely still. He stopped breathing, and Revenge Aura dissipated.
    edited June 2011

Division D

"Another photo-finish for the 395th tournament," announced Dr. William.

"How so?" asked Jessi. "Looks to me like Enrica had this in the bag at the end."

"Not so. Had the final attack been something along the line of Divinus Torrent or had Adrastos known Counterseal, Enrica would have lost. All of that water should have been taking its told on Enrica's spiritus, and she used so many master spells up to this point; I doubt she could muster more than Aid at this point."

"Wow... But that doesn't change the hard, fast facts: Enrica will be moving on to the Quarterfinals!"

"Please stay on standby as we quickly fix up the stage." Adrastos and Enrica were sent to get treatment and rest, while a clean up team made quick work of recycling all the water. A few minutes later, Dr. William returned, "Sorry for that delay. Next up we have Marie vs. Riley. The two are popular, though with different generations. Will the three-time champion fall to the new generation, or will Riley even last a minute?"

Marie took the stage opposing Riley. "I don't care for brawls. I prefer one-on-one. Still, I am finishing generous. I won't remove my blindfold for exactly one minute. After then, all bets are off. Try your best to take me down in that little amount of time. I am only just an old lady." She said as she drew her sword.
  • SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Riley smirked from across the arena. "Well, then it's my pleasure to give you a fantastic fight. It's an honor to fight a champion!" One minute didn't sound very nice to him. He wanted just a little more time. "Time for The Twins!" A small pair of turntables appeared im Riley's hands and he began to spin and scratch on them, bending the Element of Time. He sped himself up enough so that he could do about 5 seconds worth of movement in about 1 normal second. He pulled out his guitar and banged a loud, distorted chord on it, and it began to radiate a powerful and constant light. Riley put it back on his back, and the light followed him, and it looked like something of a halo. He wanted to use the light like something of a beacon to protect him, and hopefully cancel out some of Marie's darkness if it got too close. "One more move! Amplify: Piercing Whistle!" His voice echoed straight at Marie, aplified by his first spell. The sound of a crippling, high pitched whistle would ring through her ears, made worse by the amplification.
    So close...And yet so far...
  • ShethSheth Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Jeane was frustrated Lobo to see Lobo hold his ground, but she'd lined up one more ploy to keep him out, too. Given the duration of Harbinger of Destruction, she had a few seconds to ready her plan, and she launched her next attack just as her barrier was shattered. She'd been a little more ready to line up harassment barriers than she was in the previous free-for-all, so she cast the next in line on her stock of barriers: Cursed Black Armor. Quickly, several plates lined about Lobo's body, locking his limbs in place so she could keep him out long enough for a ring out this time.

She quickly blew a hurricane sweep, ready to catapult the immobilized fighter out of the ring. Just to make sure he'd stay out, she dropped a Haunting rebound barrier across her front and charged after the opponent once he fell out of the ring, but this was when the Horror spirit caught up with her. Jeane envisioned an explosion like the one she'd made earlier, and panicked for a moment, grinding to a halt. Her spacing was no longer secure, but as it was now, her barrier drew a firm line to keep Lobo from returning directly to the ring. After losing herself for a few seconds, Jeane hadn't recovered, but gathered enough of her wits to throw her own spirit back at Lobo, directly sharing the image and pain of death in a brutal explosion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Lobo was out of the ring and the images Jeane saw also flashed in his mind. "NO!!! NOT AGAIN!!! DAMN IT!!!" Lobo panicked, trying and struggling to stand but couldn't. He was shaking in fear and the binds didn't make things any easier. Suddenly, Lobo realized what was going on. He remembered the last thing he did before he was thrown out of the ring. "She's using my own trick against me! How could I fall for that? I invoke fear in my opponents, not the other way around!" The images were still flashing in Lobo's mind but he's learned to block them out. He's out of the ring but he's not out of the fight. Lobo still had a few tricks up his sleeve.

Due Horror, Lobo's passive skill Fear Effect had activated, his strength, speed and stamina had increased. And because of adrenaline rush, he would temporarily be able to use a couple more spells than he usually can. Using his strength, Lobo broke free from Cursed Black Armor but he still had that barrier to deal with. It seemed as if time itself had stopped to give Lobo time to think, but in reality, he was actually thinking a lot faster than usual. "Would I be able to pull off a second Shock Pulse without passing out from exhaustion? Maybe I could use Haunt on her. If I'm lucky, she'd still be thinking about the explosion from the previous round. Then that explosion would actually be real due to Haunt and kill her. But, would this barrier protect me from the explosions? And more importantly, would she die before the ten-second count? What if she's not afraid of that explosion anymore? Perhaps I could use Sound Barrier to trap her and the explosion. So far, I have two options: One, I could use Haunt on her and kill her with the explosion that would materialize from her thoughts. Two, I could use Shock Pulse to break this barrier, go back in the ring, trap her with Sound Barrier and use Haunt to finish her off. But they would only work if, she still fears the explosion she caused in round one. Damn! I feel like I'm just saying the same things over and over again!"

Despite his efforts at thinking of a strategy, he decided to just improvise. "Shock Pulse!" Lobo shouted. Shock Pulse was powerful enough to break the barrier that was keeping him from entering the ring. Although, he's not planning to use it a third time. He went back in the ring and charged at Jeane. "Fast Blow." Lobo said. By using Fast Blow, Lobo can attack Jeane without having to worry about counter-attacks. He violently attacked her with his claws, scratching and clawing at her. At the end of his attack, Lobo grabbed Jeane by the throat and squeezed. The pressure he applied was strong enough to shatter a drinking glass. After that, he let go of Jeane and dropped her on the ground. The adrenaline rush had already worn off and he was starting to feel a bit fatigued. He was also starting to feel a bit faint.
    edited June 2011
    Eraclease knew he couldn't win. He couldn't get around the barriers in the small area, his left arm was useless, and any spirits he used could just be used against him. Since he was going to lose, he was going to lose on his own terms. So he simply walked out. He decided to yell a few things to his opponent while the timer ticked down. "Well, I was pretty much screwed there." He laughed a bit at this. "That was a good fight though, just wish I could have kept it going. It's not a big deal that I lost though, I wasn't even planning on joining in the first place." As the timer hit ten, Eraclease went back in the ring, ignoring the medics rushing to him to pick up his knives. As soon as he got them though, he let them tend to the wound on his arm.
    edited June 2011

Division C

"What a guy," said Digna.

"Yeah, pretty manly way to back down," Kimber agreed.

"Sorry Eraclease. This match goes to Romarh, proving that somethings only get better with age!"

"The next match is Adele vs. Farida. Power vs. Speed. Which will come on top?"

((I'll update later today with this battle; don't have time right this moment for a long battle))

Division D

Marie pulled out a few pieces of cloth and wax and put them into her ears while Riley set up his attacks. Could still hear that amplified attack, but it was muffled enough to minimize the effect. She knew she couldn't hear Riley anymore, but she continued talking, "Do remember that I am always three steps ahead. You'll need to try better than that." As she said that, she stood by, ready to turn into darkness and escape the moment he tried attacking with some kind of light or fire attack.

Division B

"Thank you," Luna said awkwardly to Trez. She tried to act casual and distant to everyone, but she was still adjusting to the concept of people. Farida had at least been kind of enough to teach Luna how to act before people, but Luna was having the hardest time with young guys. Sadly, Farida had skipped sex ed.

"Speaking of drinks," Eycopefield cut in, "How would you like a night on the town? I know a great restaurant nearby. I'd love to spend the evening with someone so skilled and beautiful as you. Consider me mystified."

"Sure," Luna agreed, ignorant to the gravity of what she was doing or what kind of person she was about to go on a date with. "See you later, Trez." Eycopefield wrapped an arm around her shoulder and started to walk off with her.
    edited June 2011
    "I'm fine! I fixed myself up already! Just let me out so I can get started on my mana recovery treatment!" Enrica screamed as the orderlies brought her into the room as Eyecopefield and Luna were leaving. The two men in white coats set the young woman on the bed before finally turning to speak to her. "We'll bring you a Gratu air tank soon." Despite these reassuring words, Enrica was not convinced. If it took longer than ten minutes she'd march out there and get it herself. It was only then that the mermaid noticed Trez, an awkward eyebrow raising as she did. "You're the fellow from before. Trez, right? How'd your match go?" She asked, making the question sound as polite as possible.
    que?
    edited June 2011
    “See you,” said Trez giving Luna and Eycopfield a casual wave and a smile as the two departed.

“Mystified, eh?” thought Trez watching the pair leave the medical ward.

Trez’s attention was brought back to the word as a new voice spoke to him.

“Ah, hello there,” Trez said smiling as he noticed the mermaid. “Enrica, I’m flattered. You remembered my name.”

Trez gave a sheepish chuckle and put his hand on the back of his neck as Enrica asked her question.

“Heh, well I think I had my spine shattered. Or removed. I’m not particularly certain. The mix of adrenaline and dying has left me a little foggy. You still appear to be in one piece, so I assume it’s safe to congratulate you on your victory?”
    edited June 2011
    "We're alike in that regard then." Enrica commented as Trez mentioned his spinal injury. "That crazy dragon from before broke my spine as well. Thankfully I still won the match but Gratu help me if I ever have to fight that man again." Enrica sighed, flopping back against the gurney as she did. By now the orderlies had actually made good on their promise and brought her the air tank she requested. The young mermaid thanked them before removing the mask and applying it to her face. "If there's one thing I hate about Tana it's the lack of mana." She spoke, her voice muffled by the oxygen mask. "So....." The woman fidgeted in her seat as she attempted to find some way to continue the small talk. "What do you plan to do now that you're out of the tournament?"
    que?
    edited June 2011
    “I can sympathize with you there,” Trez said. “It’s a lovely country, but I do miss naturally available mana.”

Trez paused for a moment when Enrica asked what he planned to do now that the tournament was effectively over for him.

“I haven’t really thought about it yet. All my future plans were dependant on winning this tournament. Now that I’ve lost, and so early…” Trez trailed off, unsure himself of what he wanted to do.

“I’m not really sure what I’ll do. I know I’ll need to find work. Looking back on my fights, I realized that my lack of experience really hurt me. Even though I only made it to the second round, maybe that will give me enough of a reputation to start work as a bodyguard or mercenary or the like. Strike two birds with one stone.”

Trez laughed, “I’d offer you my inaugural services but, well, you’ve already proven yourself a more capable fighter than I.”

Trez motioned to the chair next to Enrica.

“Do you mind if I sit down?”
    edited June 2011
    "Well, I admire your ambition, but it seems like either way I walk out of this one I'm getting hurt, whether by you or by my partner. So I think I'll just have to take my chances. I'm not that amused by Raiken myself, and I caught that she said she'd had a restraining order placed on you... I'm sure if you really wanted your vengeance though, you'd think of some other ways. If you want some ideas, my gun might be able to help." Vendetta sighed. "She's actually eerily adept at coming up with ideas for how to go about killing things."