If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Hallum: Legacy of the Moon Slayer

Comments

• SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Damn."

Riley already had enough of a disadvantage with the element matching and Marie's skill level. The fact that she was now hard of hearing made it even more difficult. But wax and cloth aren't unstoppable. Riley knew how to bring the noise. It would just have to take some time to get things happening. He would have to stall, but stall cautiously.

Making sure his lightened Guitar was still protruding from his back, Riley pulled out his drums and began to bang loudly on them, creating fissures and small, jagged hills. At this point, Riley quickly casted Plot, so he could see the whole arena as a graph. He then casted Worm Hole, once every couple of seconds, four times. Each of the four times, he moved to a new corner of the arena, and placed one of his instruments in that corner, except for his Guitar, so that they surrounded him and Marie. He used Dense to protect the instruments from harm.

'And now we wait...', he thought to himself.

"Your move, I'd say, Marie!"
    So close...And yet so far...
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Romarh walked over to the assassin and put his hand forward. "It was a good fight, indeed," he said, smiling. He shook Eraclease's hand. "Good luck in your ventures." With that, he made his way back to the waiting room to watch the other matches, especially the one with Adele and Farida. "Let's see who my next opponent will be."
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Enrica listened to Trez's troubles with a small degree of sympathy. Even if he wasn't in the running anymore she couldn't help but bear the man some mild competitive hostility. A few more breathes through the oxygen mask fixed that right up though. “Well.....I'm not sure how you would feel about it but if you're that desperate for work-” Enrica broke the sentence of early as if she was contemplating whether or not to finish it. After a few more moments she started up again with, “I could take you back to the Order of Wolves. There's a few catches that come along with working there though. For one, if you're a member, then your first and foremost goal is the capture of berserk Zamura's. If you do take on a side job then the order takes 20 percent of the earnings. Additonally, you can't simply walk away once you're a member. There's a very long process of retirement. Assuming that you don't want to walk down that path though, we do work with freelancers from time to time. It would be much easier for you to find work that way but you'd have to give the order 50 percent of your earnings.” She finished, giving Trez a moment to let the information sink in. “Of course if you're not interested I suppose that's fine too....”
    que?
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Trez hadn’t actually expected Enrica to know of freelance work. He had mostly been prattling on, not focusing too much on what he had been saying. But hearing the offer, the plan seemed to carry a lot more worth than Trez originally believed.

“I would be honored to work with your organization,” Trez said. “Granted, I likely wouldn’t be able to join officially; but I have no issue with splitting my earnings. After all, any money I received would simply be a bonus when compared with the opportunity to work with such a respectable order.”
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
  • ShethSheth Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Jeane couldn't hold together much longer, but when her barrier was broken, she snapped together well enough to react. Fast Blow was a lesser spell to its master counterpart; Lobo was probably running out of mana. The attacks came fast enough that Jeane couldn't react, but the entire sequence was also short enough that the pain didn't settle on her all at at once immediately. When Lobo grabbed her throat, she used her spirit once more to draw his focus to her suffering at hand. Intending to blind Lobo with the suffering of his opponent, Jeane briefly grabbed his arm and used Singulus to draw them both out of the stadium altogether. As soon as he let go, she used the last of her spatial magic, a return Singulus, to return to the ring, where she fell to a seat, then winced and cried at the pain from her slashes across her body, and leaned onto her front for several seconds before leaning back and breathing deeply. She groaned and tried to pull herself to her feet, hoping she wouldn't end the match in a draw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    "There's.....really no need to be so formal about it." Enrica almost blushed as Trez praised her organization. She was used to people speaking highly of the order but hearing someone of such obviously upper stature compliment it so highly was a whole new experience for her. "I'm glad I could be of help though. Will you be staying for the rest of the tournament? I can only imagine eliminated competitors get spectacular seats. If not how should I contact you when I need to take my leave?" By now Enrica had turned down the gas in the oxygen tank, allowing the mask to rest atop her head as she took a breather from the mana injection. No matter how many times she underwent this treatment it always left her somewhat woozy. "I do hope you'll stick around though as I daresay I won't have many supporters cheering for me in my next round regardless of who the victor is."
    que?
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Before he knew what was happening, Lobo was outside the ring. Again. He was feeling a bit tired now and he intends to go back in the ring before passing out. He struggled to walk back to the ring and time was slowly running out for him. He sat there right where he is and let out a blood-curdling howl. "I forfeit. I know when I'm beaten. 'Twas a great match. I feel honored to have done battle with you, m'lady." Lobo said after his howl.
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    As Trez and Enrica talked, Adrastos was slowly moved into the recovery room. The feat took quite a few more medics than usual, as he was rather heavy. He was dumped into a bed, which groaned. After a minute of quietly casting about the dragon, the medics quickly took their leave.

"A warning," a straggler explained to the patients. "He'll be awake very soon. Dragons are generally susceptible to magic, and healing spells are no exception. If you think you're well enough to leave, now might be the best time."
    edited June 2011
    “I think I will stick around awhile,” Trez said. “I’ve met quite a few interesting people and, present company included, quite a few beautiful women while here. Besides, what better place to begin examining fighting styles than the latest rounds of the World Tournament?”

Trez cast a sideways glance at the dragon as he was brought in. Somewhat confused by warning, Trez looked back to Enrica.

“This is combatant medical ward, isn’t it? I don’t see what this fellow’s race has to do with our presence here…”
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited June 2011
    "Just how many lines does he have?...." Enrica sighed as Trez laid down yet another compliment. About that time Adrastos was being wheeled into the recover room, Enrica's stomach sinking slightly as he was. She nodded slightly as the medical workers advised them to take their leave before turning back to Trez. "This is the fellow I fought in the last round; the one who broke my spine." Again Enrica sighed as she looked towards the Dragon, observing his hulking figure. "For the life of me I can't figure out what he's so angry about but I can honestly say I do not wish to fight him again during this tournament. Thus I believe I will take my leave." Enrica strapped the oxygen mask to her face once again before sliding off the bed. "You're welcome to come if you like. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get to know eachother if I'm going to be introducing you to the order."
    que?
    edited June 2011
    “I see,” Trez said taking a moment to examine the dragon more closely. “Ah, I recognize him now. He was one of the more irritable ones in the waiting room. Perhaps taking leave of the ward would be the best course of action at the moment.”

Trez pushed himself to his feet as Enrica extended her invitation. Trez smiled.

“I would be delighted to accompany you -- and to find out more about the Order of the Wolves. I know of it based off its reputation, but I am not well versed in the specifics. It will be wonderful to learn more about each other.”

Trez kept a wary eye on the dragon in the bed. The man had seemed less than reasonable in the few instances where Trez had interacted with him. If at all possible, Trez wanted to avoid an unneeded fight – which was something the dragon seemed to be all about.

“Would you like any help with the tank?” Trez asked Enrica. He knew the girl was strong enough to take care of herself, but he still offered his assistance as a kind gesture.
    edited June 2011
    "I agree. I'm not often so judgmental but he is a truly annoying individual. I daresay the worst sailor would blush in a conversation with him." Enrica hoisted her staff and tilted the oxygen tank onto its wheels, taking in another long breath from the apparatus as she did. "No, no, I'll take care of the tank. It would be difficult to move around if you're carrying something I'm effectively tied to.....I wouldn't mind if you carried my staff for me though," she added, offering Trez the reinforced pole as she did. It was only afterwards that she realized the potential rudeness of this favor, causing her to pull the weapon back towards her slightly. "Unless of course that would cause trouble....." By this point Enrica wasn't sure what she wanted Trez to do. All she knew was that getting out of this room was priority one. "Either way let's just go before he wakes up," she finally blurted, walking out of the infirmary immediately afterwards.
    que?
    edited June 2011
    “It’s no trouble at all,” Trez said taking the staff off Enrica’s hands. “I’m just glad to be of a little help.”

The only things Trez regularly carried with him were his set of swords, and those were always secured at his hip. His hands were completely free to carry Enrica’s item. Trez followed the mermaid as she quickly exited the room, leaving the luckily still-sleeping dragon behind.

“So tell me more about the Order,” Trez said as he walked with Enrica. “You’ve mentioned the focus is on capturing berserk Zamuras, but I never really thought about how one would go about that.”

From what Trez had seen in the waiting room and the medical ward, Enrica was most at ease when talking about the Order. Enrica seemed prone to nervousness, so Trez thought that having her talk about what she had the most confidence in was for the best. Since he was also planning to work with that same order, Trez figured it would be an ideal point to start their discussion on.
    edited June 2011
    Enrica was glad to finally have a topic which she knew quite a bit about. "Well, I assume you know what a Zamura is, but just as a refresher it's any individual who hails from the Zamura family. These unfortunate souls are victims of the long since banned and forgotten curse of greed. In order for these men and women to find peace, they must either have the good fortune to be born as the family seal or be sealed by that individual (hopefully before the curse has taken them over)." At this point Enrica paused for a minute, bowing her head in silence for those still not found. "Moving back to your question though, our job is to detain those that have gone berserk by any means necessary. Sadly this usually means beating the Zamuras senseless until we can detain them. It's dangerous work but it always feels rewarding."

Enrica smiled a bit as she finished explaining, feeling as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. "What about your? I daresay you know quite a bit about my background now but I know next to nothing about you aside from your name and what I can observe," she paused, glancing up and down Trez. "Clearly educated, athletic or at the very least physically active, and one would guess fairly good with a sword." Enrica had a curious air about her as she moved to continue. "Am I mistaken or have I hit the proverbial nail on the head?"
    que?
    edited June 2011
    “You’re right on all counts,” Trez said chuckling. “I’ve been told that I wear my heart on my sleeve a little too much. Everything about me is kind of out there to observe.” Trez paused for a moment. He felt guilty, not really having much of a story to give Enrica after all she had told him.

“As far as what isn’t out there to observe…” Trez said, “Is that while I may be fairly physically active, that’s really just to pay the bills. My true calling is as a scientist – a geneticist as a matter of fact. My need for money to continue my research is what lead me to join this tournament in the first place. Though, judging by how that turned out I probably should have spent more time honing my blades than my mind.”
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2011

Division D

Marie watched as Riley separated himself from his instruments and then basically destroyed them. "He does realize that Dense will make them unable to play now... right?" Marie just watched as the pop star went about his way. When he said it was her turn, she replied, "So you've up on an all out assault? I'm sorry, but I will not be making any move for the next twenty seconds."

Division A

"Don't patronize me," Nina scoffed Vendetta's attempts to have Katie assist her. "I know full well that if I fought Marie and killed her, she would be healed. I know that I can't kill Marie. Just leave me to my own fantasies. Just try and see if you can stop me, detective." With that, Nina walked out of the room, going to wait somewhere else for her match to start.

Meanwhile, the mayor announced Jeane's victory. "Lobo put up a strong fight, but Jeane always seemed to have just one good move ready to pull out of her sleeve."

"Unfortunately," Pearlie commented, "Jeane may be running low at this point. She has done well to make it to the Quarterfinals, but will be able to keep this up?"

"We'll find that out tomorrow. The closing match for today is Nina versus Vendetta. Will both contestants please enter the ring?"

Nina entered and took her part on the stage. "I cannot repeat my previous strategy; he is a ranged fighter. I'll need to close the distance and then slice him. Fortunately I can attack him directly." She began to run towards Vendetta, moving swiftly. She did not need time magic to run circles around a human. She then said, "Nihil!" Suddenly, gravity vanished for Vendetta, and he began to float, unable to really control his position. Nina then rolled under the floating Vendetta to enter his blind spot. She then jumped up. Using Feather, she decreased the pull of gravity for her, allowing her to get higher up. She came crashing down with Hammer. She extended her wires before her, lunging at Vendetta's back with the wires out before her.
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Lobo didn't feel bad about losing. He just felt tired and wanted to go to the medical ward to get some rest. He approached Jeane and extended his hand for a handshake. "Maybe I'll get to battle with you again sometime in the future." Lobo said. "I'll be watching your next match so you better win!" he said jokingly. "Good luck." Lobo smiled at Jeane then left the ring.
    edited June 2011
    "A geneticist?" Enrica shouted through the oxygen mask, obviously startled by the man's occupation. "Now that I did not expect. Forgive me but I always thought scientists tended to stay in little white labs hunched over desks and mixing Gratu knows what together." Enrica was laughing to herself, the sudden drop in oxygen making her light headed and once again forcing her to remove the oxygen mask. "I never took much interest in science when I was younger but hearing that just makes me all the more curious. You mentioned funding for your research but exactly are you researching?" By now Enrica had all but lost any trace of nervousness she'd had before and it showed through her body language. Her shoulders were less tensed, her breathing had gotten slower, and most of all her eyes didn't have that same petrified look in them as they did before.
    que?
    edited June 2011
    Trez laughed, enjoying Enrica’s surprised reaction. When speaking with others, or at least people who weren’t fellow scientists, Trez’s true occupation rarely came up.

“No, some scientists may prefer the lab, but I think there is a time for everything. Getting out into the world and seeing how sciences can be applied is just as important as the scientific research itself. I also learn a lot that I can take back to the lab with me, especially considering my field.”

Trez paused for a moment when Enrica asked what he was researching. He had met people before who didn’t exactly agree with the morals of what he did.

“As for what I research, well…I have met a few who do not find it ethical, but I am researching the creation of humans. Of people.” Tres fell silent, waiting for Enrica’s response and unsure of how to continue.
    edited June 2011
    "Wha-!?" Enrica's mouth went agape as Trez revealed the true details of his research. "That's-.....I mean-....How-," she stuttered mind numbingly for awhile before shaking off the surprise. "That's.....actually very interesting," Enrica feigned a smile. It was clear she had mixed feelings on the issue. "I can see why you would be shy about revealing that kind of work. Then again, maybe it's not so strange when you consider the fact that we only recently recreated so many lost races. Phoenixes, werewolves, the list goes on." The more she thought about it, the less insane Trez's idea seemed to her. "I'd say if people don't have a problem with that then they shouldn't have a problem with recreating a race that hasn't gone extinct yet," she spoke with a matter of fact tone, nodding her head with an air of confidence as she did.

"I don't think I'm going to regret inviting you to the order, Trez. You're certainly good for conversation if nothing else," the mermaid said with a smile as she strapped the oxygen mask back over her face. The tank skipped along on the linoleum floors easily, though it did make Enrica look more like a sickly old woman rather than the young beauty she actually was. "You know, we have many scholars at the order but few scientists such as yourself. Who knows? If you decide to stay longer you could be researching and teaching your methods in no time at all."
    que?
    edited June 2011
    Riley smiled. Using Dense on his beloved instruments might have been considered a bad idea by most, but he didn't see it that way. Making them smaller didn't make them impossible to play. Just very well hard to play with his own hands. Doesn't mean it would stop them from getting played. It wasn't permanent damage either, as he could fix them up with his magic after the fight.

"Twenty seconds, huh?" Riley smiled. "Then...how has your day been so far?"
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Vendetta had cast inoculate on himself and Dicat just prior to entry into the ring, just in case.

"MADDUS!" DiCat screamed, summoning the auctoritae of space to transport Vendetta away from the attack. Vendetta now found himself on the opposite end of the stage, being let down by the auctoritae, who used his astromancy to keep the man grounded. Without giving Nina time to recuperate from the sudden displacement, Vendetta fired his pistol at the assassin directly into the middle of her body. The bullets mass being manipulated by Maddus to make the bullet even faster than it already was. As the bullet reached Nina, Maddus readjusted the mass so that it would have full impact upon striking the woman.

Vendetta, meanwhile, had activated his light spirit to detect any spiritus in the arena, specifically the spatial spirits that Nina had previously used to trap Pinyana. "Death Cloud" Vendetta called, casting the poison spell which would protect him from any attempts made to get within close range of him via corrosive gas.
    edited June 2011

Division A

Nina used Hyper Time and Bullet Time to sidestep the bullet. While the enhanced speed was activated, she began to charge Vendetta. She saw the formation of the poisonous cloud, but she decided not to stop. The second before she entered the cloud, she activated Shatter Shield. The damage the gas did caused the barrier to explode outwardly into tiny pieces of shrapnel, aimed at Vendetta. Nina jumped backwards, waiting to see what Vendetta would do next.

Division D

"My day has been perfectly fine," Marie remarked. "I have honestly missed this tournament, but I can't say I've been too terribly impressed by our division. I'm jealous of Pinyana; her division is definitely more interesting. Now, since you've been so polite to wait, I'll be happy to show you why I won three tournaments consecutively back when I was a young woman." Marie removed her blindfold, finally showing her hazel eyes. She began to walk forward, towards Riley. "If you dream of winning, hold on to hope. It will be the only thing capable of saving you now."
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Maddus was able to defend the detective by teleporting him across the field, even so, Vendetta gave a look of intense dissatisfaction. "This fight is over." He proclaimed. "I'm not going to get myself killed again." He took a cigarette out and walked off stage. He knew that without the amount of mana he would get from DiCat's link, he wouldn't be able to defend himself on his own, and DiCat simply wouldn't be able to summon fast enough. Vendetta was disappointed at this, but resolved to go drinking later to ease up his troubles.
    edited June 2011
    Trez let out a slight sigh of relief. It was obvious that Enrica didn’t entirely agree with what he did, but it was great that she could look at the issue from another perspective. Most people were reasonable, but Trez still worried that he’d be speaking to one of the judgmental ones whenever he elaborated to others about his work.

“Well, I’m happy that I’ve been able to keep you entertained,” Trez said. “I’m excited about visiting the order. Maybe my involvement will eventually turn into something bigger than I expected.”

Trez continued to follow about a step behind Enrica. He wasn’t really sure what the mermaid's destination was, but for the moment, he was just enjoying the company and conversation.
    edited June 2011
    Riley closed his eyes and kept them closed. "Amplify....I'll never let go of my hope. It's what got me where I am today...And if I can become a famous, wealthy rockstar, I can do damn near anything. I'm more than ready for this match." He pulled his guitar from his back, and held it out in his left hand like a sword.
    edited June 2011
    Enrica blushed a bit when Trez mentioned his more earnest interest in the order. "The shortest path to our goals is often the one we don't see right away," she said with a smile. Enrica soon noticed Trez's slightly slower pace, pausing herself for a moment. Where had she intended to go anyway? The mermaid glanced at Trez, her cheeks flushing this time because of her indecisiveness. "I'm.....not really sure where I want to go right now....," she mumbled, glancing around the various halls. "Is there anything you would like to do?"
    que?
    edited June 2011

Division D

"Right, you are an elf..." Marie remarked. However, she just started to walk towards Riley, her rapier at the ready. She began to run towards Riley. "Profano!" She conjured a mass of darkness around herself and Riley. She then fused with the darkness. In the darkness, not even the elfish sonar would detect her. ((I could OHKO, but I'll give you a chance to try and pull off one move.))

Division C

As Farida and Adele opposed each other in the ring, Adele activated her spirit. Farida thought to herself, "I can out run her no problem. I'll play cat and mouse until she runs out of spiritus." Adele came charge, and Farida just turned the other way and briskly walked away.

"Are you trying to run away?!" Adele screamed at her cowardly opponent.

"It's called strategy!" Farida yelled back at Adele. A several minutes passed with nothing happening. Adele was just far too slow to catch up, and Farida was naturally so fast that she wasn't breaking a sweat. Finally, Adele began to run low on spiritus. Instantly, Farida warped in front of Adele and delivered a crushing blow to Adele's face. It was not a killing blow, but the strike left Adele open. Farida began to deliver blow after blow of Chou Ryu to wail on Adele. Eventually, Adele collapsed, unable to endure any more hits.

"And Round 2 is over," said Kimber.

"Farida has defeated the dark horse Adele... though it was highly unimpressive," said Digna.

"Farida has proven to be fairly underhanded and overly pragmatic. However, so far such strategies have worked. Let's see how she will fair against Romarh tomorrow in the Quarterfinals."
    edited June 2011
    Trez glanced to Enrica as she began to mumble. He thought he had done a good job of relaxing the girl, but she seemed to be becoming anxious again.

“You seem a bit flush,” Trez said, tilting his head in to closer examine Enrica’s face. “We should probably find someplace to sit down so you can finish your mana tank. No sense in not fully recovering and being hampered in your next fight.”

Trez began to look around for a set of seats in the hallway, continuing to speak as he did so.

“But after you’ve fully recovered, we could go into the city to get some dinner. Are you hungry?”
    edited June 2011
    "Yes, a little rest would help," Enrica mumbled, massaging the red from her cheeks as soon as Trez turned away. "What in Gratu's name am I blushing about?" The young mermaid took a few more deep breaths from her oxygen tank. Her heart skipped a beat when Trez invited her to dinner. Was this another line or was he just being friendly? "Gratu I can't even tell anymore," she sighed to herself. "Um......yes, I suppose that would be fine," she finally replied, feeling the blood rushing to her cheeks once again. "Nothing too fancy though if you don't mind....."
    que?