If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Yahtzee Reviews Catherine

RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway?Full Members
edited August 2011 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Congratulation Atlus, you finally made him pay attention to you.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3872-Catherine

This being Yahtzee, you already know he'll hate it for being Japanese and not a shooter or Portal, but yea. It's amusing none the less.
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2011
    I actually found his mini-rant at the end a rather interesting point about the depiction of relationships in media in general. It seems the "marketable" version of a relationship is a man surrendering all notions of fun and being completely at the heel of a controlling woman who isn't so much in love with said man but instead sees him only as a resource/burden.

It's cynical, and yet seems more and more prevalent in media nowadays. I would hope that this is not what people actually consider a healthy relationship.

Oh, and as much of a troll as Yahtzee is, he isn't much for shooters, and was trying really hard to nitpick Portal 2. He has very little value as far as critics go, as he goes in only to hate/troll, a point that makes his reviews of legitimately bad games seem not as bad by comparison. Really, aside from occasionally falling for the "indie = better" trap, he's more a crap-starter than a reviewer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    re: Block Puzzles
    It's like "A Nightmare on Elm Street" meets "Q-Bert"
    :)

re: The location in hell you visit:
    It's like a "man with no sense of personal space" simulation