If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Profile problem.

SinSin MemberFull Members
edited April 2003 in Site & Forum Support
I just tried to update my profile, but it said something about having 'too many images'. But I only have the one in my sig, and my avatar.
Does this mean anything, and how can I fix it?
Walken1.jpg

Comments

• LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Try again?
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    yeah as lordbrian said, just try again till the eeeevil glitche gets bored of annoying you and gives in. thats what i do. wink.gif
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I tried it again, and it worked, so I'm happy now.
    Walken1.jpg
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I'm having the same problem. I've tried many times to add my sig, but I get either " Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to"or " You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif "

I've tried both GIF and JPEG.

hmm... confused.gif

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 2003
    AgentFlit:

Happened to me too sometimes when I had to change away from Ranchoweb. (it actually took me a while to find a decent hoster..went through three before I settled on one) For one, try renamin' yer sig pic to agentflitsig.gif if ya can. Second, wait a few minutes, repost it (make sure you have the full url on yer computer's clipboard, it'll save ya a major headache) It's basically the same old bug. Keep tryin'. If it's bitin' sometimes it can take up to ten times or more before it clears. But it will biggrin.gif Just be stubborn. It's just a stupid eeevill glitche...and it'll go away if ya keep tryin'

[Edit] Some stuff I missed.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited March 2003
    Yeah, I'm (trying to be) using netscape for hosting too. Best I've found.

Still not working at all...

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 2003
    That glitch is just bein' unususly stubborn, AgentFlit. Keep tryin'. I've heard of instances where it took 20 or more tries to get the eeeeevil glitche to go away. Like I said, ya just have to be stubborn and keep tryin'.

Besides, I use Netscape myself if ya didn't notice. I guess yer just havin' a round of bad luck. (My profile pic, my avvy, and my sig pic are all hosted there)

Also, if ya suspect that said file is in some funky format other than *.gif or *.jpg,(changin' the extension does not change the format btw) PM me with the sig pic yer tryin' to use and I'll see if I can convert it for ya. I have Alchemy Mindworks's Graphic Workshop and that's what it's for. (Niiiice program, tho ya get a nag screen if ya don't pay for it)

My personal page
  • fergus the lesserfergus the lesser Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    i know its a dumb ?
    but how can i put image on the sig. part?
    edited March 2003
    *sigh* Look here, Fergus:

http://rpgamerboard.topcities.com/siggypic.html

That explains it. (And one rule involved with it)
    My personal page
    edited March 2003
    maryadavies:

What I meant by "I'm using netscape too" was that I saw you were using it for hosting.

Oh, and I use photoshop for file conversions wink.gif
    edited March 2003
    That works.

Just keep tryin' to post it, AgentFlit. Just ask anyone here who has a sig pic, it can take..multiple tries..for it to go through. (You just have to keep tryin' until le stupido error clears) (Stupid eevil glitch) And try gettin' the underscore out of the name. That might help. If yer still havin' trouble, feel free to IM me (I do have a AIM name, check my profile, k?)

My personal page
    edited April 2003
    Funny. I try it on mac instead and it works biggrin.gif .

Thanks for the help. smile.gif