If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

PM screw ups

SinSin MemberFull Members
edited March 2003 in Site & Forum Support
Is there some reason trying to draw things in PMs doesn't work all that well.
My hand made cakes never turn out right. They are always missing characters, ans sometimes even whole lines are gone.

My newest one lost all it's candles. mad.gif
And the words "I am a cake".
Walken1.jpg

Comments

• ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I never knew you could draw in your PMs... Oh wait you can't draw in them.

So I'm assuming you have a picture somewhere that you are sending to people. You'd best check if that isn't loading.

If you are making it with Text Characters then it can be from window sizes being different.

• SinSin Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I see...
    Darn that. So any time I want to draw in text, I have to have the same screen resolution of the other person?
    Walken1.jpg
    edited March 2003
    It's kind of like when you post, the box to reply in is much smaller then the actual post that shows up.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Huh? ?*scratches head*

Can one of you explain what it is you are referring to with the comments about drawings and different screen resolutions?

LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 2003
    I think I know...Sin, are you playing with ASCII art in said PM's??

(If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, go here: http://www.ascii-art.com/ and be warned: it's a Geocities page, so the bandwidth limit MIGHT bite you and the page might be unavailable)

I'd switch to regular graphics if I were you, Sin. At least if you do that you don't have to worry about what the other person's settings are. (If it is what I think it is, Moncapitan2002, he's havin' trouble since he's tryin' to make a pic the old way...that's what ASCII art is...the old way before you could embed graphics)

[edit] whoops! Either I must of been havin' a brain fart or Dad was naggin' me to get off the comp(I got some stuff crossed). Won't happen again.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited March 2003
    Mary are you going senile? Sin is the one asking not TrueGamer. Though I wouldn't be surprised if TrueGamer didn't know how a PM worked. tounge.gif

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 2003
    Whoops! Viper, must be one of those days. No, I'm not senile, but must of had some kind of brain fart... *slaps self* I went ahead and fixed it...sorry, I'll just try to NOT stay up so late...

It could of also been one of those times Dad was tellin' me to "hurry up and get off the comp" or maybe I just got confused. Anyway, I won't let it happen again.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Yeah, it is my feeble attempts at drawing ASCII birthday cakes. They just never turn out all that well.

If you got a PM from me on your birthday recently(past month or so), it was supposed to be a cake.

Jeeze Viper, you're so hard on TG. laugh.gif
    Walken1.jpg