If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Image Prob.

fergus the lesserfergus the lesser MemberFull Members
edited March 2003 in Site & Forum Support
why is it that a picture to be paste on this board must be online?

Comments

• KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    I don't quite understand the question. Elaborate.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    Because how do the boards know to read the file c:\image.jpg from your hard drive, as opposed to whoever's it is that's viewing the image?
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 2003
    LB is right on the money here. Lemme explain a bit..*puts on her web master hat*

See, it's the same reason why thee must upload graphics to make a web page else you will end up with broken graphics if you embedded any. Not everybody has what you have on your hard drive so...of course it doesn't work.

That's why ya have to host'em, Fergus. A graphic must be somewhere on the web in order to embed it so everybody can see it. (Preferably without direct linking it if the page isn't yours, of course. That's bad.)
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • fergus the lesserfergus the lesser Member Full Members
    edited March 2003
    thanks, mary... i'm just worrying about the uploaded image on this board if this shows up or not...