If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dragon's Lair 30th Anniversary (I miss you Dad and Dirk)

ShadowcatShadowcat MemberFull Members
edited June 2013 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Weather you like it or hate it thirty years ago this week the first laserdisk/FMV game "Dragon's Lair" was released to American arcades. The game was filled with a mess of cool animation by Don Bluth and some of the first things we can term as "Quicktime events" for game play. I used to play this with my dad two player just so we could see more of it...I sure do miss him: http://www.traditionalanimation.com/2013/30th-anniversary-of-dragons-lair-don-bluth-exclusive/

for the curios you can try to get it from PSN, Xbox Live, the 3DS eshop, "The Dragon's Lair Trilogy" for Wii and even iOS.
FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
FlOzXvF.jpg
My VAPS Entry,

Comments

• RealityCheckedRealityChecked Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Sweet story. My brother and I bonded a bit over this game, sharing info and plotting moves. I wish I had kept track of the quarters it took to win it. A bit harder back then without the internet, huh. Definitely ground-breaking.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I have the Sega CD version of the game. I was fascinated by the arcade game when I was a kid, and I always enjoyed the cartoon as well. Gameplay was minimal, but it didn't really matter, as it was so different than anything else at the time.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    My thoughts exactly. The game looked so cool at the time. I remember playing the NES game. That was terrible.