If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Soul Saga Kickstarter Please check it out :D

DrizzlDrizzl MemberFull Members
edited July 2013 in Role Playing Games
Hello guys I just found this kickstarter for a jrpg inspired game. I am backing it and would to see some of the other goals reached. Please check out Soul Saga at

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    This does look neat
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    He knows Inkheart is a trademark, right?

Anyway, this does look interesting.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    trademark does not always mean copyright.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Does not look as promising as The Black Tower (which totally failed the funding and was cancelled, I really don't get how those crowdfunding websites work --- the author said he thinks it's because of indiegogo being 40 times less backed than Kickstarter, though), but I'm still interested. However I don't think there's enough footage on the gameplay yet. And they switched the game's genre multiple times (from JRPG to roguelike back to JRPG), I'm not sure how serious they are about it. Without actual gameplay footage that's more than just displaying a normal attack, I won't really back a game. Even the descriptions about the gameplay are really vague.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Drizzl! I've got my eye on this now. :D
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    trademark does not always mean copyright.

I imagine a book trilogy printed by Scholastic and then made into a major motion picture by New Line Cinema is copyrighted.

Anyway, in case the guy doesn't know, someone should mention it. He can easily change the name to Inkbeast or something like that.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I might go ahead and back this one. Last time I thought that and didn't I regretted it(Pier Solar) and this will be on the Vita hopefully so I'm more likely to pull the trigger. I will watch and see how this looks in two weeks or so a few days before the end and decide.
  • DrizzlDrizzl Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Maybe we can get a interview ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Looks like vita and ps4 support is up next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I'm concerned that there are only two playable characters and perhaps a third slot for a "monster" pet? I realize they're only showing alpha gameplay, but I just wondered if someone caught something that I didn't that indicates a larger cast.
    edited June 2013
    You can get more party members look on the kick starter about the guild. One of the tiers lets you make a npc and you could have him in the guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cab8901cab8901 New Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    looks pretty good!!
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Wow this actually looked quite sexy! I'm definitely going to back it. It's already doubled it's goal!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    The funds coming in have really slowed down lately. It definitely won't make the final $250k stretch goal unless it gets a really big boost over the last couple days or so.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    Which, considering Double Fine's shenanigans, may be for the best. The guild Master/hall was my personal interest in the stretch goals and that's met.