If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure it'll all calm down soon enough. For some reason I just find it amusing when I'm out gathering and suddenly get trampled by about 25 players and their assorted mounts rushing from FATE to FATE.
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited April 2014
    http://gematsu.com/2014/04/final-fantasy-xiv-ps4-beta-phase-two-live

In case it was not posted before. phase 2 is about to start and it combines all PC.PS3 and PS4 players on a single server.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    GregDavis wrote: »
    Yeah let me know when you all come back. I signed on last night but there still wasn't a lot of activity from our FC. Not sure what to do if I still want to play and that continues to be the case. I'm working through the new content a little bit. Where are you playing Jammy? Would love to still beat Titan HM as well and get my relic!

Delirium Tremens

Sorry, Delirium. I didn't get the chance to add you to my friends list before I switched to a more active Free Company. Otherwise, I wanted to still keep in touch and play through dungeons and primals with you. I still play every evening EST and am in a FC called "Clarity". They're the ones who hired me a while back for a Binding Coil static group, and since they've consistently had 30+ players on when I'm playing, I've found it easier to get into parties for endgame content.

I would definitely like to run Titan HM with you. Just the other day, I completed it as a Scholar for a second relic. After having tried (and failed) countless times on Titan Extreme, Titan HM actually feels easy (but still not fun).

And as for atma weapons... I finally got 6 atma pieces in the last couple of days solely through casual FATE grinding while waiting in the DF queue. So, I definitely can't complain after having so many recent successes within the first week since the patch's launch.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Made a brief return over the weekend to set up and check out how the PS4 version played. Definitely all a lot crisper :) Should be on at least few times each week for the foreseeable future.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Well, some of you already know this, but my brother and I are back in Eorzea, having a lot of fun with the new story and Hildibrand quests. Well, those and a lot of beast tribe daily quests. Still need to finish up the Amalj'aa faction grinding that we never quite finished back in 2.1. There is a lot of good stuff in 2.2 (ventures are interesting), though I still need to get back into dungeons and fighting Primals.

Also, I said I'd join in the next week four weeks ago. How typical of me. :P
    edited May 2014
    Hmm... You really need a code like that to play at all... Without that, the copy you bought is completely useless. Did someone sell it to him used? If so, he was scammed, because used copies of the game are worthless (the unused code is 100% more important than the disc). If not, then someone must have gotten to that code before him, essentially stealing it from him ahead of time. Not really a good situation either way.

Is there a way to just buy the game directly from the PlayStation Store on the PS3? I don't know myself, but if there is then it is almost certainly the best way to do it. You'll basically need to download the whole client either way, after all.

I hope he can get a chance to play, though. It's a really good game. Hopefully he has just been inputting the code wrong (I've certainly done that kind of thing a few times...), and can play soon without any hassle.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, the code that gets registered for the PS3 version gets tied to your Square Enix account and will allow you to play. Odd, but that's how they made it. New copies are really cheap right now and you can upgrade to the PS4 from it for free until Dec.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited May 2014
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    The weird thing is he can see that the game is registered to his account, but he can't get the game to work. I suggested to him to buy a new copy, but I don't know if he's going to. I was thinking of getting it on PS3 and playing with him, so if I do I'll see if maybe we can come hang out with you all?
    Registered to which account, exactly? Is it showing up on the Mogstation (particularly as the PS3 version, rather than the PC version)? On his PSN account? It should be in both. It's been so long that I forget all the steps I had to take to make everything work, though...

Also, I'm always happy to have more people to play with. I hope you can get it all straightened out so that becomes possible.
  • TiggsPantherTiggsPanther New Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    Sweet! Finally managed to be on at the same time as other people. Currently dipping in and out most evenings. Hope to cross paths with more of you soon. :-)
    edited May 2014
    We've finally done it! Res Arcana now has its own plot of land for an FC house. We are the proud owners of #22 in the 2nd Ward of the Goblet. Now we just need to buy that construction permit. Too bad I'm too broke to afford it... Anyone have 450k gil sitting around that they weren't going to use anyways? :)
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    Hey, Twin...I was talking to my wife about this game. There's some interest there because of the player housing. She's big into that. Unfortunately, she gets seasick with 3D graphics...which is the huge negative.

Anywho, just how hard is it to get a house? And can you customize it? If yes, how so?
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    At the moment, housing is expensive.

Twin and his bro sunk nearly two million gil for the land itself, and we still need the 450k for the house itself (We've got a pretty lawn right now).

Here's us at the lawn purchasing ceremony.

ffxiv-housing.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    As a reference, Phil, after playing for a month and getting 2 of the trade jobs to max level, I had around 300k gil after liquidating everything I owned that didn't fit into the FC chest. I don't know what the economy is like now, but 2 million gil is probably still a whole lot of money.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, that million I gave up was basically my entire lifetime savings after playing the game for several months while earning as much as possible and spending as little as possible. It's not easy to get that kind of money, and we still don't have enough for anything more than a lawn and a foundation. Once we get the construction permit we're free to just make everything else via crafting, though. Also, this is a FC thing, so anyone who joins the FC is free to contribute and share the space once everything is paid for.

The game's producer has already stated that they have plans to eventually include individual housing that will be more affordable for individual players, but we don't really know when that may happen. It might be the next major patch, or it may be a year from now.

As far as customizability goes, there is a lot of that. You basically start with an empty box and get to individually build and place every piece of furniture. You even get to place walls, though that is more for larger places than what ours will be. On top of that, you can lay out particular roofs and such for your building, and decorate the yard outside with all kinds of things. Some of these are even useful, like mailboxes and crafting workbenches. So it is pretty cool.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    Well I did publically state on the game that I would donate 150k for assistance defeating Garuda, which Quin has just kindly supplied (I'm sure I'll require more on other dungeons/battles later :P). So there's part of it :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited May 2014
    Well I did publically state on the game that I would donate 150k for assistance defeating Garuda, which Quin has just kindly supplied (I'm sure I'll require more on other dungeons/battles later :P). So there's part of it :)
    Congrats on beating Garuda! Now enjoy the best part of the 2.0 story. :)

Also, 150k down, 300k to go. It will just take some elbow grease, and maybe a couple more generous contributions.
    edited May 2014
    Once I get some time to get back on, I'll offer as much as I have to the cause. I just don't recall how much that is.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2014
    My happiness is overflowing right now. I got my MNK Animus! And yes, those eyes ARE glowing! <3

ffxiv_05042014_144233_zpsd665a38c.png
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    ffxiv-house.png

We're building a bar in the basement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited May 2014
    So far the bar solely consists of an Apkallu eternally sipping from its wine glass as it sits on a low table, but you need to start somewhere.

Today was a good day. :)
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    I need to transfer over all the housing materials I've received from my retainer ventures. Probably the only worthwhile piece is the Immortal Flames themed wallpaper, which may be appropriate for your Ul'dah/Goblet house.

On another note, I'm only a couple days away from my Animus weapon. Then, it's time to finally persevere through Coil T5 and Moogle King Extreme to reach my completed content goal before the subscription runs out.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited May 2014
    eOuLqOl.png?1

Bah, I can't believe you jerks won't let me into your tavern just cos I'm just the reincarnation of guild legend anime girl Kaye Mercer instead of the real one, who died in a total freak accident and was certainly not intentionally deleted by me for reasons I can no longer recall.
    edited May 2014
    Hey, if you want in just send me a tell if I'm on. I'll be happy to help.

Not that there's much to see in there yet. We've got a lot of work ahead of us still if we want a fully furnished FC house.
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    wanna try this but really hate mmos is there anyway to play solo on a closed server or do i still have to be in game with other players even if im not in a party. I have no idea how this game works.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited May 2014
    The game requires partying up to progress so i doubt it's the game for you.
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, FFXIV is an full-fledged MMO. There will always be people around, and you really need to group up and run through dungeons with other players if you want to go anywhere in it. It's impossible to move the plot past level 16 or so if you don't. If you don't want to do that, then you should just move on to other games. It is really fun, though.
    edited May 2014
    wanna try this but really hate mmos is there anyway to play solo on a closed server or do i still have to be in game with other players even if im not in a party. I have no idea how this game works.
    Just a quick note. I hate playing with others typically, but in the case of FFXIV there are dungeons that require you to do so, but they only make up a small amount of what you'll be doing from 1-50. Plus, if you get on a server with people you know and are active, you can just easily team with them through the require parts.

End game (level 50+ content)? That's another story.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited May 2014
    And they have a dungeon finder to quickly set you up with PuGs like WoW, right? It Teleports you there and back when its ready/done?
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2014
    jcservant wrote: »
    And they have a dungeon finder to quickly set you up with PuGs like WoW, right? It Teleports you there and back when its ready/done?
    Correct, but the wait time can be pretty bad. If you're a tank, it's usually instant. If you're a healer, it can be instant or take up to 5 minutes. DPS usually takes 5-45 minutes to get into a run.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited May 2014
    If you're doing DPS though, you can farm or do solo stuff while you wait? For me, the wait times in WoW were tolerable because I could keep pluggin' away while waiting...