If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    I got into this over the holidays, but I'm on Hyperion. Maybe I'll roll an alt on Leviathan. What do people think of the Gold Saucer so far?
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Looks like the Free Login WEEK will be a good time for me to get back in and run some dungeons.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    I havent been around because i just dont feel like playing anymore probably wont be back till heavensward, I just dont care about grinding for gear that will be obsolete when it hits and the golden saucer doesnt interest me.
  • SkyOdinSkyOdin Member Full Members
    I havent been around because i just dont feel like playing anymore probably wont be back till heavensward, I just dont care about grinding for gear that will be obsolete when it hits and the golden saucer doesnt interest me.

That's fine. However, would you mind dropping by to clear out your Private Room in the FC Estate Hall? We can't relinquish the old Estate and buy the new Medium sized one until all of the private rooms have been demolished. Otherwise we might have to temporarily kick you from the FC, and I don't want to do that.

Anyways, Texside, I've been enjoying the Gold Saucer so far. Triple Triad is fun, and I've been slowly getting better at the Chocobo races.
    SkyOdin wrote: »
    Anyways, Texside, I've been enjoying the Gold Saucer so far. Triple Triad is fun, and I've been slowly getting better at the Chocobo races.

That's been my experience. Chocobo racing took me a bit to dig into, but it's been fun. I'm getting the hang of Triple Triad; I never did it (or FF8) much before, so it's kinda new to me.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Texside wrote: »
    SkyOdin wrote: »

That's been my experience. Chocobo racing took me a bit to dig into, but it's been fun. I'm getting the hang of Triple Triad; I never did it (or FF8) much before, so it's kinda new to me.
    Sadly Triple Triad isn't like how it is in FF8, in terms of spoils for winning. For winning, you got to choose an opponent's card to take. There's an obvious reason why it isn't like that here, but I'd at least like a free booster pack for winning, I hate having to go back just to buy new cards.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    Sadly Triple Triad isn't like how it is in FF8, in terms of spoils for winning. For winning, you got to choose an opponent's card to take. There's an obvious reason why it isn't like that here, but I'd at least like a free booster pack for winning, I hate having to go back just to buy new cards.

The random drop to MAYBE get a decent card for NPCs was... definitely a thing, from the little I tried. A teeth-grinding thing.

Sigh!
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited March 2015
    Heavensward release date is June 23 there is a video that will be likely be posted when the news is posted on the front page
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Did they say what date the last part of the 2.5 story is coming out? Really need to know if my prediction that the scions all get horribly slaughtered is accurate or not.
    Did they say what date the last part of the 2.5 story is coming out? Really need to know if my prediction that the scions all get horribly slaughtered is accurate or not.

This Saturday they will make the annoucment

I can't edit right now but Levi is broken at the moment no one can get past the log in screen and the search claims there are only 80 people on line
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    I had to create me a new character on Diabolos cause my friends couldn't join Leviathan due to it not accepting new players. :( If anyone is on there befriend me my name is Orochi Bladestorm
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    I can't edit right now but Levi is broken at the moment no one can get past the log in screen and the search claims there are only 80 people on line

Maybe that happened because I removed my credit card info and SE tried to charge NULL?

I cut it close. 1 hour before SE cancelled my account I got enough Poetics for new pants, quickly made a new cap that didn't cover my adorable eyes, glamoured, and logged out. I'll be back on the next free login to finish the beast group I was one day from completing.

Thanks again to everyone for a fun month! And sorry I broke Levi.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    Before the Fall Part 2 will arrive on March 31, 2015
    More importantly, MGP rewards are being increased! Also a few TT changes (nerfing some npc's, doing something to tournaments to stop win-trading.)
    Now all of NA is hving the problem Levi had the other day
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Now all of NA is hving the problem Levi had the other day

I don't think it's just FFXIV. WoW is having some issues with stability and Latency today as well (sitting at 1500 MS)
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • SkyOdinSkyOdin Member Full Members
    ghaleon80 wrote: »
    I had to create me a new character on Diabolos cause my friends couldn't join Leviathan due to it not accepting new players. :( If anyone is on there befriend me my name is Orochi Bladestorm
    Darn. The restrictions on new players being able to join a server let up on a regular basis, so if your friends are persistent, they should be able to get into Leviathan. Still, I can undestand. I hope you have fun on Diabolos server.

so some preliminary 2.55 patch notes were revealed on a developer blog

MGP changes are coming. Minigames will give double the MGP now
    More MGP for higher ranked Chocobo Races. Also buffed EXP for those.
    Many more changes to Gold Saucer, please look forward to the patch notes.

and fiannly by far the best news: Magitek Mount will now get its own theme song, it's "Terra's theme" from FFVI. For best results get two friends and march together when it's snowing.
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    <a href="#tapatalkQuoteBegin-SkyOdin"><font color="gray"><b><u>SkyOdin wrote:</u></b></font></a><br /><font color="gray"><i><a href="#tapatalkQuoteBegin-ghaleon80;492069"><font color="gray"><b><u>ghaleon80;492069 wrote:</u></b></font></a><br />I had to create me a new character on Diabolos cause my friends couldn't join Leviathan due to it not accepting new players. :( If anyone is on there befriend me my name is Orochi Bladestorm</i></font><a href="#tapatalkQuoteEnd"></a>Darn. The restrictions on new players being able to join a server let up on a regular basis, so if your friends are persistent, they should be able to get into Leviathan. Still, I can undestand. I hope you have fun on Diabolos server.<a href="#tapatalkQuoteEnd"></a>
    Eventually I wanna try to convince them to transfer to Leviathan. I'd like to go back there so we can all be part of the RPGamer guild.
    Guys, pretty sure the new trial is gonna be a DF graveyard haha
    Oh it's not hard just a pain
    Guys, if you haven't finished the main story, DO IT. I can't stress it enough, it's the single greatest finale to an expansion I've ever seen. So much awesome, shockers, and tears shed during this. Helps that it has an actual credit roll with "Answers" playing during it at the end of the main story.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited April 2015
    Huh, they actually went and did what I thought they would. I didn't actually think SE would go through with it, though I guess they leave themselves plenty of outs.

Edit: This made me laugh a lot, BUT DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU"VE BEATEN THE STORY - i.imgur.com/rqrtB4n.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Heavensward opening movie.

WARNING: HELLA 2.55 SPOILERS
    Not bad at all, but yes, 2.55 ending spoilers right there. Looking forward to the new stuff, though I really hope this is worth $40.
    edited April 2015
    Meanwhile, on Excalibur...

I am the potato tank on the lower left, slightly out of position
  • addseo1119addseo1119 Full Members
    Meanwhile, on Excalibur...

I am the potato tank on the lower left, slightly out of position

Looks fun!