If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Finally, the boyhood dream comes true

ytarbEM.png?1

All on excalibur will know to fear the name Popoto Popato!
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    That 2.55 quest sequence was amazing. Just... just real good.

Obviously this should be the next Gold Saucer attraction

(I also enjoy the fact that the developers are obviously in on the joke about how some of their characters are viewed.)
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    That video was amazing all around.
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    edited April 2015
    Just got my ninja relic wep this morning before I go into work :-)
    I'm dabbling in building a tank but I feel like I'm terrible at it. Hard to not want to attack for me since I primarily play dps. Right now I usually flash-enmity attack- mana attack. Should I be doing something different at 19
    edited April 2015
    Make sure to tab around to all the enemies on you often in order to check their enmity, focus more on the enmity combo (and spread it round the group if necessary) and don't overuse the mana combo because it produces very little enmity. Throw a flash in whenever you think you need it. Don't worry too much if you lose enmity on something for a few seconds or something, it doesn't matter too much in low level dungeons (and low level gladiator is gaaaaarbage so it'll probably happen anyway.) Marking targets can also help, though you'll still have to watch for the healers enmity generation there.

If you're still struggling, try marauder. It is much easier to keep enmity at low levels with it (though its a more complicated class to play at high levels.)

Edit: Benchmark is out

7OlRxC7.png?1

whee.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    decided to resubscribe for a while. huzzah!

now... i wonder how long it'll take to get all my macros in place again
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited May 2015
    Doomhammer; Look me up! I'm on Excal too (I think I got my FFXIV chara in the gamertag thread).

50 whm, still need to work more on my relic. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    Qutwn0Z.png

I think I'm good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2015
    How did you check that?

EDIT: DERP! Just saw the post.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    you might have almost 4000 performance... points... things on me, but my load times are still quicker! ah ha!
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited May 2015
    First off I ran the bench on a lark, here's my score:

benchmarkscore.jpg

Also here's my chara. I'm still working on relic, hoping I can get the books done before expansion. We'll see after THAT. I got full gear from the last Sycrus Tower dungeon (Where you fight the Cloud of Darkness) so my ilevel's pretty good actually.

elizara_xiv.jpg

I also got a friend to transfer over, she was on a EU server and couldn't get anything done, poor kitty.
    My personal page
  • ghaleon80ghaleon80 Pass Christian, Mississippi Full Members
    Finally managed to get Titan Extreme done after about 10 PF group fails. I'm just working through main story and beast tribe quests now
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    and poetics weekly cap has been raised to 900
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    I finished the Feast of Famine fishing quest this morning. That... was an effort. But I did it, and now I can enjoy my Imagine Dragon cheevo and "Of Dragons Deep" title!

Next up is finishing off the fishing log!
    edited June 2015
    !!!!

Still haven't finished relic books, but this evening/morning I'm stoked. CTY and some friends have finally gotten though Coil 5!!!! I'm working on sch now b/c that might be helpful later so we don't have two whm for our healers, but we have done what has seemed to be impossible before expansion hits. :)

Me and the friend I lured to Excal are going to finish the third to last book tomorrow; hopefully the last two won't take very long. ^^
    My personal page
    Grats on the T5 clear. Hopefully you guys can get your feet wet a bit with 2nd coil before Heavensward rolls in, especially since we don't know how Coil will be adjusted (if at all) in order to compensate for the new level cap.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited June 2015
    Oh, Serena got me a cool birthday present that I had to do some quick glamoring to show off. Peach Earrings from the Mog Station shop that is. ^^

Had to nix my hat somehow so I changed them to glasses (which is closer to my rl appearance anyway. I'm a four eyes.)

glasseskitty.jpg

The darn demon hat of healing was having trouble with my weap anyway as in the staff was poking though the brim, yuck.
    My personal page
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    So Eira and I restarted but we're nowon Diablos
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    I managed to down T12 last night, so today will be my many attempts to down T13 before maintenance.
    Grats Dark. I wish you luck!

Me, been leveling SCH and trying to get enough poetics to get the book for SCH before I hit 50 so it'll be heavensward ready as well.
    My personal page
    Well, I didn't quite manage to finish the fishing log... still 6 fish left. They just refused to bite for me today. *sigh*

So darn close.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Preliminary Patch Notes!

So much stuff.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    It begins.

(download is up)
    All worlds will be down for the next 16 hours heavensward will be available at 2ampt and then will go right back down because everyone is flooding the servers

downloaded the add-on and my icon on my ps4 has changed to heavensward
    Short download
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    I'm on Balmung, but apparently that's hard to get on.
    Well Eira and I did not delete our toons on Leviathan, they are still around but real life friend is on Diablos
    sig.gif

And the servers are up!

Technically.
    Lol errors and lone queues. Yep sound like another non smooth launch